Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Street cab open

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Street cab open

Old 19-04-2017, 13:21   #1
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Street cab open

Wasn't sure where to post this - so apologies if there's a better place.

The street cabinet at the end of my road is open - I reported it to Virgin on Friday, but it's still open today - appreciate it was a bank holiday weekend but does anyone know how long it usually takes to send someone out? It's on quite a busy road so I can only imagine how many Virgin vans must have driven past it in recent days.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2017, 14:35   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Street cab open

A better place to post would be VM's own Community Forum, as then a staff member will pick it up.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...unityHubForums

You can also report cabinet issues on 0330 333 0444
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 14:45   #3
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. Yes, that's the number I called and left details on, including the reference number from inside the cab. I received a text message with a reference number so all appears to be in hand, I was just wondering if anyone had anyone had anyone nun experience of time frames.
I'll pop a post on the community forum if it's still open tomorrow.
Old 19-04-2017, 17:09   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Think it's 5 days for an undamaged open cab. Not sure if that's working days though
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 17:38   #5
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

it looks like someone trying to get a freebee.
They did that at the end of our road a few years ago
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 18:24   #6
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Think it's 5 days for an undamaged open cab. Not sure if that's working days though
Thanks - i couldn't see any obvious sign of damage to the lock mechanism. I'll give them a little longer then. Just keen to get it sorted before anyone decides to have a play around and ends up cutting us off!
Old 19-04-2017, 20:35   #7
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

I reported one once and it remained open for weeks hopefully they are quicker now.
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 22:08   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I've no idea where the reports go as Ive never been asked to close one for years
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:35   #9
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
I reported one once and it remained open for weeks hopefully they are quicker now.

I reported one over 6 weeks ago and nothing has been done.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 18:48   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'd say I saw young kiddies look in it.
Old 21-04-2017, 23:44   #11
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Yeah, just mention "think of the children" and "extremely high voltages" and someone will be there to sort it. It doesn't have to be true, but no company likes those kind of news articles, true or not.

The public doesn't know what's in there anyway, to them it's just "wires" and they immediately panic about kids getting a zap. Understandable to an extent, I guess.......
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 00:53   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I reported one over 6 weeks ago and nothing has been done.
I reported one years ago and they took their time too.

You'd think that they would be grateful that people take the trouble to report these things and get it secured rather than waiting until something untoward happens.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 06:29   #13
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The one at the end of our road appears to have a damaged door that doesn't fit right - as a result it seems sometimes it doesn't close correctly and re-opens.

When I've reported it then it has usually been done in 2-3 days.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 07:26   #14
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The one at the end of our road appears to have a damaged door that doesn't fit right - as a result it seems sometimes it doesn't close correctly and re-opens.

When I've reported it then it has usually been done in 2-3 days.

But how do you know if that's because you reported it or if it's just because someone else needed into it
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 21:28   #15
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

The cab seems to be closed again now. I was away for a couple of days but on driving past, all seems secure again.