Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Orange iphone unlock for £20

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Orange iphone unlock for £20

Old 02-05-2010, 14:44   #1
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Orange iphone unlock for £20

Orange iphones can be unlocked for £20.

The next catch is,you need to have purchased the Orange iphone direct from Orange either instore or through the Orange shop website.

And you must have been with Orange for 3 months or more and using the same sim card, Pay As You Go customers would need to have spent at least £5 per month in that time plus still required to have at least £20 of credit on there accounts.

Pay Monthly customers will see this appear on there bill or statement.

To unlock:

Call 150 from your Orange handset,Pay As You Go customers need to call 450. You cannot request an unlock online or by email.

What you will need to unlock:

Email address:

So that Orange can email you your unlocking code and set of instructions.

itunes and itunes Account available as well as the cable that connects your computer to the iphone, Apple will unlock the handset through this way.

Your set of instructions from Orange will guide you through the unlocking process.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2010, 15:47   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Orange iphone unlock for £20

You could buy an iphone that isn't operated locked from play for £700 for a 32MB model.
Old 02-05-2010, 17:44   #3
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

This is what i've done,

I already have a contract with 3, 500 minutes,4000 Texts,2000 3 to 3 minutes and inclusive voicemail plus free Skype,Windows Live Messenger and Unlimited Internet plus great 3G coverage. For £25 per month

Therefore I took out another contract with Orange for a free iphone 3GS 16GB and on that is 1,200 minutes,750GB internet allowance and 500 texts for £40 per month.

Now i'm going to use my 3 sim card in my iphone and the Orange sim card i'm going to lease to a friend for £25 per month plus a £25 deposit. Thats equivalent to a Orange Sim only or O2 Simplicity tariff going.

So in reality I'm gonna be paying £15 per month for an iphone so in total will be paying around £300 thats much better than buying it on Pay As You Go.

£700 is a lot of money!
Old 04-05-2010, 13:30   #4
*sloman*
Inactive

Services: 100MB, M Phone and XL TV (1x Tivo, 1x Samsung V+)
*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post

The next catch is,you need to have purchased the Orange iphone direct from Orange either instore or through the Orange shop website.

And you must have been with Orange for 3 months or more and using the same sim card, Pay As You Go customers would need to have spent at least £5 per month in that time plus still required to have at least £20 of credit on there accounts.

To unlock:

Call 150 from your Orange handset,Pay As You Go customers need to call 450. You cannot request an unlock online or by email.

Email address:

itunes and itunes Account available as well as the cable that connects your computer to the iphone, Apple will unlock the handset through this way.

Your set of instructions from Orange will guide you through the unlocking process.
Jailbreak and unlock for free!
*sloman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 14:55   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
You could buy an iphone that isn't operated locked from play for £700 for a 32MB model.
Blimey, I didn't know they made them that small!
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 00:49   #6
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sloman* View Post
Jailbreak and unlock for free!
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 21:05   #7
m419
Inactive

I tried that but it failed,Orange have started messing me around like I knew they would.

Apparently I have to wait until June when month 3 is over with not when month 3 starts or during month 3 even though the first guy I spoke to said they could do it and then didn't bother phoning back to say they couldn't do and had to wait.

Now you see thats exactly why I want to use my 3 contract sim instead:

High Speed internet on my iphone
3G signal all the time
No waiting to be answered by customer services
Customer service advisors that are straight to the point

I know 3 customer services for personal customers is in India,but regardless of that,I find it a suitable alternative as during the years of being with 3, I haven't had one problem with there customer services yet and they just get on with it,there has been a time when I've had to repeat myself but that happens over here as well
Old 08-05-2010, 13:17   #8
shaunc
Inactive

Services: virgin+ xl HD. 20mb virgin cable broadband
shaunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know where I would stand with orange?

I bought a second hand iphone 3gs 16gb that wasnt working. It was in warranty and apple kindly exchanged it for a refurb unit! . downside was that the phone was originally on orange, so the new refurb phone is also locked to orange. Will orange unlock it after i've had an orange sim for 3 months? given that its not the IMEI that they sold
shaunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 21:42   #9
m419
Inactive

They should do, What you need to do register a Pay As You Go Orange Sim card with your name,address and post code together with your correct contact details and the IMEI number of the phone and spend at least £5 per month during the 3 month period.

You should not have any problems then!

Orange will have a list of IMEI numbers of phones locked to the Orange Network and is exchanged with Apple regularly, this is to ensure that they do not unlock other networks phones.

One question they do ask is,Where did you buy the phone from? I just said the Orange shop

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

You can register/activate a sim card by go to www.orange.co.uk/register or by calling 0800-079-0006 free from landlines and Orange UK Mobile phones.

By the way 3 months means 3 months, so if you joined on 3rd April 2010 that period will end on or after 3rd July 2010.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:03   #10
shaunc
Inactive

Services: virgin+ xl HD. 20mb virgin cable broadband
shaunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They should do, What you need to do register a Pay As You Go Orange Sim card with your name,address and post code together with your correct contact details and the IMEI number of the phone and spend at least £5 per month during the 3 month period.

You should not have any problems then!

Orange will have a list of IMEI numbers of phones locked to the Orange Network and is exchanged with Apple regularly, this is to ensure that they do not unlock other networks phones.

One question they do ask is,Where did you buy the phone from? I just said the Orange shop

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

You can register/activate a sim card by go to www.orange.co.uk/register or by calling 0800-079-0006 free from landlines and Orange UK Mobile phones.

By the way 3 months means 3 months, so if you joined on 3rd April 2010 that period will end on or after 3rd July 2010.

Brilliant! Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated
shaunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:37   #11
m419
Inactive

Also if they ask why you want to unlock it say that you usually go abroad regularly and don't like paying roaming fees and want to use a foreign sim card. For example if you wanna go to Italy for example it is cheaper to use 3-Italy sim card or Vodafone ect...
Old 23-03-2011, 00:50   #12
atiullah
Inactive

atiullah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

To unlock:

Email address:

---------- Post added at 23:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:49 ----------

hi i m with orange n want to unlock my iphone 4
atiullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 09:07   #13
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atiullah View Post

---------- Post added at 23:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:49 ----------

hi i m with orange n want to unlock my iphone 4
Well all the details are there for you to follow...
Old 29-03-2011, 20:13   #14
rustygate
Inactive

rustygate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I don't know if anyone can shed any light on this. The orange policy for unlocking a phone for pay monthly customers as quoted from their website is

"pay monthly

In order to have your phone unlocked:
You must be a current or previous Orange customer.
The handset to be unlocked must have been registered to Orange for a minimum of three months."

I have an existing pay monthly account with orange. I want to unlock my iphone to take it on holiday to australia and use a different simcard over there. The problem is that my phone hasn't been registered with orange for three months.

Has anyone had any luck unlocking a phone before the three month period?

ps the phone came on baseband 05.15.04 so can't unlock the 'traditional' way.

Any comments appreciated
rustygate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 18:13   #15
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustygate View Post
The handset to be unlocked must have been registered to Orange for a minimum of three months."
Has it ever been registered on Orange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustygate View Post
The problem is that my phone hasn't been registered with orange for three months.

Has it ever been registered on Orange?