Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 30-04-2017, 13:55   #5611
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

No outage problems here in Coventry. I guess the problem was local or regional.

I did have a problem with low down speeds yesterday, but no outages. I rang CS and they rerouted my connection, which inevitably changed my IP address.

The busy section in the graph is me doing some overnight torrenting.

roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2017, 22:54   #5612
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Had a "hump" in the graph starting around 8pm last night and tonight. Anyone else getting it? Peering issues again?

Edit: Seeing it on another graph monitoring a connection that's on Telf13 (I'm on Telf14). Guess it's just a peering issue.

Last edited by Jon22; 16-05-2017 at 00:19.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 10:06   #5613
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Seeing the same down here on the south coast.

Old 16-05-2017, 11:23   #5614
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Ditto in Cardiff
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 11:58   #5615
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I do get myself worked up over silly thing and I want to punch the wall atm because I can't stand it when people do stupid ****ing stuff that doesn't make sense. I just went to have a look at my bqm only to find that the login page has changed and my saved username and password are no longer there. I can't remember what my username is (and you can't use your email address) because I only sign in once or twice a year which is why it was saved and there is no "forgot username" option. If you try signing up or anything else it just says email address is already in use and account is active, please login.
I might just be being a complete spoon and the whole thing is ****ed up and it is like they don't want you to be able to use the site. All I wanted to do is see if I had a hump as well and now I am ready to explode.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 12:36   #5616
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I saw they'd changed the appearance quite dramatically but my stored login and password (FF 52.1.1) worked fine.
Old 16-05-2017, 12:47   #5617
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I do get myself worked up over silly thing and I want to punch the wall atm because I can't stand it when people do stupid ****ing stuff that doesn't make sense. I just went to have a look at my bqm only to find that the login page has changed and my saved username and password are no longer there. I can't remember what my username is (and you can't use your email address) because I only sign in once or twice a year which is why it was saved and there is no "forgot username" option. If you try signing up or anything else it just says email address is already in use and account is active, please login.
I might just be being a complete spoon and the whole thing is ****ed up and it is like they don't want you to be able to use the site. All I wanted to do is see if I had a hump as well and now I am ready to explode.
The "forgot your password" option allows you to enter either your username or email, then reset from there.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 13:22   #5618
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
You should use Lastpass addon.
Old 16-05-2017, 13:55   #5619
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You should use Lastpass addon.
Second this. No idea what my password for TBB is, but lastpass does it all.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 20:59   #5620
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
The "forgot your password" option allows you to enter either your username or email, then reset from there.
it resets your password by entering sending you an email but it provides no indication of what the username for the account is. I also thought the lack of contact info on the site was ****. Normally you have a help/faq/contact us section but there is nothing. Luckily there was a paragraph at the bottom of the password reset email saying "if you think you have received this in error please click here". I fired off an email having a polite moan and there were very good and emailed me back this afternoon with my username and admitted that it is an issue which they are in the process of fixing.

Anyways, here is my hump. I am very curious to know what would cause a national blip like that. (edit: the code is also screwed up for the links and it is quicker for me to take a flipping screen dump and upload it myself)

Last edited by General Maximus; 16-05-2017 at 21:07.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 22:56   #5621
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Humpty Dumpty again........

Old 16-05-2017, 22:58   #5622
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

The little bump that has shown up from 8-10pmish the last couple of evenings seems to have decided to start earlier and stick around for longer this evening.

Last edited by joglynne; 16-05-2017 at 23:01. Reason: wrong time :D
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 23:00   #5623
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Snap!
Old 17-05-2017, 02:28   #5624
kalleh
cf.addict

kalleh is an unknown quantity at this point

for a little bit of contrast of what it should be like

Last edited by kalleh; 17-05-2017 at 02:32.
kalleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 14:57   #5625
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote