Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 29-12-2016, 13:03   #5536
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

My "loss of service on boot up" problem lasted over a year. They found a couple of network cards that needed work. And then all was well... and the CEO office gave me a free month as compensation.

But the fault is back again..... :-(

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2016, 13:21   #5537
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Thing is, Taf, if they found network cards needing attention, then your neighbours would have been identically affected. Wre they?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 14:35   #5538
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Thing is, Taf, if they found network cards needing attention, then your neighbours would have been identically affected. Wre they?
Yes, logs from their SHUBs were almost exactly the same. Visiting techs were aware of this, all through the long year. This is why Networks were involved.

Quote:
on ‎30-09-2016 17:23

Hi Taf,

Thank you for allowing the engineer appointment. I just had to tick that box and have now flagged this matter up to Networks for further attention.

The fault reference is F004784782 and I've fully noted it on your account. I cannot predict the outcome of this, only that I'll do everything in my power to get this resolved.

Interestingly your Hub is currently reporting 24 T3 timeouts for the past 7 hours.
Quote:
on ‎03-10-2016 17:21

Hi Taf,

I have an update from the network engineers who were very quick to investigate this matter.

They discovered some network errors linked back to a couple of card slots which have now been reset.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:18   #5539
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

Hi, has anyone seen this before. My usual graph is like this.

At just before midnight the hub and TV lost signal, so I checked the hub stats which are no different than usual. Checking my ping graph now and it looks like this.

I see this started yesterday at about 3am. There are only 12 DS and 2 US channels in my area.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 14:44   #5540
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Is this good or bad.
Service 200M, 20 Channels
Hub 3 (Modem mode) with Asus RT-N56UB1 router

Problems I am having are, can't listen to internet radio, but can on my VM mobile on 3G, possible gaming issues on both Xbox One and PS4

GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 18:43   #5541
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

In my opinion, the BQM is poor. based on my own service, your BQM should show green at 15ms or less and blue at 18ms or thereabouts.

Old 05-02-2017, 16:36   #5542
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Just wondered what people think of these graphs.

I'm on 200Mb with the hub 3. The other day it went down and it turned out that VM were working in the area, we were on 16 down and 2 up and after the work we are now on 24 down and 2 up. The graphs seem to have got worse since they did the work.

Today (5/2/17)

Friday (3/2/17)

Day of the work (2/2/17)

Day before work (1/2/17)

Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 16:48   #5543
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Just wondered what people think of these graphs.

I'm on 200Mb with the hub 3. The other day it went down and it turned out that VM were working in the area, we were on 16 down and 2 up and after the work we are now on 24 down and 2 up. The graphs seem to have got worse since they did the work.

Today (5/2/17)

Friday (3/2/17)

Day of the work (2/2/17)

Day before work (1/2/17)

Pretty normal graphs for most people with a Hub3 with the odd exception(Sephiroth).

The reason you have gained more yellow is from the increase in downstream channels, I am on 16 but i always feel it doesnt affect my browsing or gaming.
Old 05-02-2017, 16:59   #5544
Sephiroth
Simples

I have 20 DS channels. The main difference between yours and mine is that your average latency is much higher than mine. Whether or not that's due to my having 4 US channels, I don't know for sure. My recollection is that when I got my hub 3 in January 2016, I still had 2 US channels and the average latency was the same.

Old 05-02-2017, 17:09   #5545
Mythica
cf.geek

Cheers for the replies. Just wanted to check how normal it was. For some reason I thought adding more DS channels would help the graph look better rather than worse.
Old 05-02-2017, 17:20   #5546
Sephiroth
Simples

Ordinarily it would. But there is a quirk in the Hub 3 processor (which I am told will be fixed by eentbual firmware change), whereby housekeeping interrupt occurs too frequently, thus impacting latency.

Old 05-02-2017, 17:25   #5547
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Ordinarily it would. But there is a quirk in the Hub 3 processor (which I am told will be fixed by eentbual firmware change), whereby housekeeping interrupt occurs too frequently, thus impacting latency.
Cheers for the reply. Did here this about the hub 3 though so hope it does get fixed.
Old 02-03-2017, 16:53   #5548
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

Welp, any suggestions...?
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 19:10   #5549
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Hump for everyone?
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 19:14   #5550
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Got it here:

Wonder what's causing it?