Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2013, 21:14   #121
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Did anyone else have yellow and white subtitles at the same time (both saying the same thing !) on NetFlix last night ?

Advertisement
Old 16-12-2013, 23:32   #122
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayts View Post
Did anyone else have yellow and white subtitles at the same time (both saying the same thing !) on NetFlix last night ?
Nope, just yellow tonight so far too.
Old 17-12-2013, 20:29   #123
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Right - I have a few days off, so want to try to get involved more in Netflix rather than just watch the odd occasional film.

So, who can recommend a good series for me to watch - one that will MAKE me want to watch it ?
Old 17-12-2013, 20:35   #124
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
Right - I have a few days off, so want to try to get involved more in Netflix rather than just watch the odd occasional film.

So, who can recommend a good series for me to watch - one that will MAKE me want to watch it ?
It might help if you listed some of the shows you currently watch and enjoy so that people can get a feel for your taste in TV.
Old 17-12-2013, 20:43   #125
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

good point !
I enjoy comedy, Dexter, M*A*S*H, True Blood, Star trek, and 70 and 80's TV Shows (for example Cheers, Only Fools)
Old 17-12-2013, 20:54   #126
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
good point !
I enjoy comedy, Dexter, M*A*S*H, True Blood, Star trek, and 70 and 80's TV Shows (for example Cheers, Only Fools)
I enjoyed Lillyhammer Season 1 and Netflix have just added Season 2 , I also enjoyed House of Cards (with Kevin Spacey) Season 1 , the second Season is due very soon.
Old 17-12-2013, 21:02   #127
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
good point !
Orange is the New Black - Dark Comedy set in a female Prison and is brilliant, it's a Netflix Original and season 2 should be starting soon too.
Old 17-12-2013, 21:05   #128
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
good point !
One of the things you can do (which I find easier to do on the Netflix website) is look at a series or film you do like, scroll down to the bottom and there are recommendations for similar shows.

For example for Dexter, of the ones it recommends, I like Numbers, Lie to me, Jericho, Sons of Anarchy, Damages and White collar. The last two, in that order, are excellent in my view.

And BTW, Ted Danson (from cheers) is excellent in Damages; a long way removed from Sam!
Old 17-12-2013, 23:21   #129
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Nope, just yellow tonight so far too.
Happened again last night - on the Spanish language bits of Breaking Bad (season 4)

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Quote:

Have to be very obvious and recommend Breaking Bad - be prepared to be totally hooked and indulge in 'binge-watching' (lots of episodes one after the other). Up to the end of Season 4 already here in my first month...

Old 18-12-2013, 00:05   #130
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

I'm currently watching Weeds and It's always sunny in Philadelphia, both comedys I'd recommend.
Old 18-12-2013, 10:17   #131
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Anybody using Netflix's Android app to control Netflix on their TiVo?

Choosing a show to watch from the Android app when the TiVo isn't already in the Netflix app it seems to regularly timeout before the TiVo app starts. Hitting pause on the remote on the lockscreen also failed to work last week then pressing it again from the notification bar caused my TiVo to completely lock up so it wouldn't even respond to a power-off reset and I had to pull the plug. It then did three reboot cycles before it came back again...
Old 18-12-2013, 22:50   #132
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayts View Post
Happened again last night - on the Spanish language bits of Breaking Bad (season 4)

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Have to be very obvious and recommend Breaking Bad - be prepared to be totally hooked and indulge in 'binge-watching' (lots of episodes one after the other). Up to the end of Season 4 already here in my first month...
Is one set of subtitles there because it's translating the Spanish dialogue, and the other because you've turned subtitles on in Netflix?
Old 19-12-2013, 01:53   #133
harry_hitch

harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Anybody using Netflix's Android app to control Netflix on their TiVo?

Choosing a show to watch from the Android app when the TiVo isn't already in the Netflix app it seems to regularly timeout before the TiVo app starts. Hitting pause on the remote on the lockscreen also failed to work last week then pressing it again from the notification bar caused my TiVo to completely lock up so it wouldn't even respond to a power-off reset and I had to pull the plug. It then did three reboot cycles before it came back again...
Not had this issue myself yet. Am hoping it does not effect me. Probably should probably give VM a call!

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Is one set of subtitles there because it's translating the Spanish dialogue, and the other because you've turned subtitles on in Netflix?
There is no difference in colour between the Swedish or Danish languages in "The Bridge".

Hopefully they are just testing new and improved subtitles, the Android app is using only pure white subtitles now.
Old 19-12-2013, 09:51   #134
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

No, I meant if you watch Breaking Bad without subtitles turned on, the show itself still has subtitles for the Spanish bits. If you turn subtitles on are you getting two lots of subtitles?

Not sure if I've explained that very well?
Old 19-12-2013, 10:26   #135
harry_hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
No, I meant if you watch Breaking Bad without subtitles turned on, the show itself still has subtitles for the Spanish bits. If you turn subtitles on are you getting two lots of subtitles?

Not sure if I've explained that very well?
I understand you now Andy, I have not started on Breaking Bad () so can't give an answer.
Closed Thread