Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2013, 10:27   #76
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by frattonstation View Post
So if I have the VIP package can i just ask them to cancel Sky Movies and get Netflix instead??? Is it cheaper?
No No No

VIP Collection includes Sky Sports and Movies as a mandatory element.

You could consider the Premiere Collection with added Sky Sports Collection perhaps?
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2013, 10:55   #77
frattonstation
Inactive

Services: TIVO Virgin XL Package
frattonstation is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks.
Just signed up for Netflix 6 month trial. The VM person on the phone has said I just follow the on screen instructions. Go to Games & Apps / All Apps / Netflix etc
But that just says one month trial?? Is this correct??? I thought it was 6 months?
Easily confused VM customer!
Old 25-11-2013, 10:57   #78
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
So if I have the VIP package can i just ask them to cancel Sky Movies and get Netflix instead??? Is it cheaper?
I dont' know what you currently pay or what discounts you qualify for, but I would think that the £5.99 a month for Netflix is a cheaper option than Sky Movies if you want to downgrade from the full VIP package.
Old 25-11-2013, 10:58   #79
frattonstation
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I dont' know what you currently pay or what discounts you qualify for, but I would think that the £5.99 a month for Netflix is a cheaper option than Sky Movies if you want to downgrade from the full VIP package.
Thanks Niall for your reply I am on VIP and been told Sky Movies is mandatory for that anyway.
Old 25-11-2013, 11:11   #80
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
ok thanks.
Just signed up for Netflix 6 month trial. The VM person on the phone has said I just follow the on screen instructions. Go to Games & Apps / All Apps / Netflix etc
But that just says one month trial?? Is this correct??? I thought it was 6 months?
Easily confused VM customer!
To let you understand the process.

As a VIP customer, you are eligible for an additional six month 'free' Netflix, on top of the one month free trial offered to anybody by Netflix.

If you are not an existing Netflix customer, you sign up for the free one month trial and you are then a Netflix customer.

You can sign up anywhere, including on your TiVo. You will then have a Netflix userid and password which you can use anywhere, including on TiVo.

Your 6 months free comes as a code sent to you by Virgin Media to an email userid which you should have discussed with the Virgin Media agent when you signed up for the free six month offer. You then use this code on the Netflix website and it credits you with an amount of money equivalent to 6 months at £5.99 so that when your months free trial ends, Netflix starts charging you for their service but it is paid from your credit. After the credit has gone, Netflix will then take real money from the account you supplied when you became their customer. You can, of course, cancel your account with Netflix at any time.

To receive Netflix, you are a Netflix customer.

Hope this helps.
Old 25-11-2013, 13:04   #81
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Lillyhammer Season 2 to air on Netflix on the 13th December 13 with Netflix and NRK renewing for a third season.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/11/netf...december-13th/
Old 25-11-2013, 13:15   #82
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
The VIP package includes Sky Movies, so unless you change your package, the answer is no, you can't.
Old 25-11-2013, 13:23   #83
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The VIP package includes Sky Movies, so unless you change your package, the answer is no, you can't.
...and you would have to go to the Premiere Collection and a new 12 month contract to be eligible for the six month free Netflix offer.
Old 25-11-2013, 15:02   #84
frattonstation
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
To let you understand the process.

As a VIP customer, you are eligible for an additional six month 'free' Netflix, on top of the one month free trial offered to anybody by Netflix.

If you are not an existing Netflix customer, you sign up for the free one month trial and you are then a Netflix customer.

You can sign up anywhere, including on your TiVo. You will then have a Netflix userid and password which you can use anywhere, including on TiVo.

Your 6 months free comes as a code sent to you by Virgin Media to an email userid which you should have discussed with the Virgin Media agent when you signed up for the free six month offer. You then use this code on the Netflix website and it credits you with an amount of money equivalent to 6 months at £5.99 so that when your months free trial ends, Netflix starts charging you for their service but it is paid from your credit. After the credit has gone, Netflix will then take real money from the account you supplied when you became their customer. You can, of course, cancel your account with Netflix at any time.

To receive Netflix, you are a Netflix customer.

Hope this helps.

Thats brilliant Many Thanks for your time
Old 25-11-2013, 15:30   #85
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down re: Netflix/Streaming Services

After a generally good experience of Netflix I had to watch a film that was labelled Super HD all the way through in 288 SD on Sunday evening. I'm assuming this was because of the demand on Netflix at the time. It was a disappointing experience.
Old 25-11-2013, 20:51   #86
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Lillyhammer Season 2 to air on Netflix on the 13th December 13 with Netflix and NRK renewing for a third season.

Thanks for the heads up-I really enjoyed season 1, but I'm getting rolling eyes from the wife so I guess I'll have to watch season 2 in my own time!
Old 25-11-2013, 21:18   #87
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Thanks for the heads up-I really enjoyed season 1, but I'm getting rolling eyes from the wife so I guess I'll have to watch season 2 in my own time!
Ha ha not sure my wife would enjoy it , I watched it on my own but really enjoyed it and I'm glad to see its back for another season.
Old 25-11-2013, 21:37   #88
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Thanks for that M8, I loved the first series of Lillyhammer.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Quote:
Ha ha not sure my wife would enjoy it , I watched it on my own but really enjoyed it and I'm glad to see its back for another season.
My wife enjoyed it as well. happy days.
Old 25-11-2013, 22:15   #89
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Is the reason we don't always get super hd because of pressure on the network as people are suggestiNg?

I haven't actually had a problem yet, but tonight I'm watching Breaking Bad in 720hd. No real complaints, it's still a very good picture, but not the best.
Old 25-11-2013, 22:23   #90
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Is the reason we don't always get super hd because of pressure on the network as people are suggestiNg?

I haven't actually had a problem yet, but tonight I'm watching Breaking Bad in 720hd. No real complaints, it's still a very good picture, but not the best.
I am sure I have read on one of these threads that this is the reason for the different PQ. I have only had one problem where one episode of house of cards should have been superHD but was only SD.
Closed Thread