Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 14-10-2013, 15:47   #4111
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

well I agree with qas, it doesnt go down instant like the flick of a switch description says.

it goes down in a sharp slope, the pattern expected from peak time traffic easing congestion.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2013, 15:57   #4112
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
well I agree with qas, it doesnt go down instant like the flick of a switch description says.

it goes down in a sharp slope, the pattern expected from peak time traffic easing congestion.
Apologies it was just a figure of speech, will update the thread once I have an update from VM.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 21:22   #4113
Firmsky
cf.addict

Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

And its back!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 20.29.07.png (129.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 14-10-2013, 23:30   #4114
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Yes back here too, it has started at 6pm today instead of around 3pm.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 23:35   #4115
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes back here too, it has started at 6pm today instead of around 3pm.
Exactly the same as mine.
Old 15-10-2013, 00:00   #4116
data0002
cf.addict

Services: 120mg Broadband (Virgin) telephone (Virgin media) 2 x Tivo
data0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing here mine has been ok all night, i am on the Cosham Ex
data0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 00:09   #4117
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by data0002 View Post
Nothing here mine has been ok all night, i am on the Cosham Ex
Your along way from East Anglia so it's expected.
Old 15-10-2013, 02:26   #4118
data0002
cf.addict

Services: 120mg Broadband (Virgin) telephone (Virgin media) 2 x Tivo
data0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

true but i still go via Guildford (x2) and nrth-bb-1b-ae4-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.43.163.178]
data0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 10:27   #4119
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Yeah, I hadn't seen the graph, I would agree with qasi now about it being congestion of some kind.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 10:31   #4120
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Yeah, I hadn't seen the graph, I would agree with qasi now about it being congestion of some kind.
Is it usual for such a large geographic area to be hit by congestion though? What I find strange is how its just started happening suddenly.
Old 15-10-2013, 10:53   #4121
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It will likely clear up suddenly too i hope.
Old 15-10-2013, 11:01   #4122
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
It will likely clear up suddenly too i hope.
I will let you know once I have an update from the support forum mate.
Old 15-10-2013, 11:08   #4123
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
I will let you know once I have an update from the support forum mate.
Have you got a link to the post and i will add some weight to it if it is on the VM forum?
Old 15-10-2013, 11:09   #4124
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
Is it usual for such a large geographic area to be hit by congestion though? What I find strange is how its just started happening suddenly.
well as stated, you're both routing through the same node at some point so yeah, it's no unexpected. It's entirely possible that there's a fault there, this can be known to cause a significant drop in available bandwidth as the modulation drops down - but I've only ever seen that on the customer end.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 11:14   #4125
Firmsky
cf.addict

Quote:
Have you got a link to the post and i will add some weight to it if it is on the VM forum?
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...2021652#M30946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
well as stated, you're both routing through the same node at some point so yeah, it's no unexpected. It's entirely possible that there's a fault there, this can be known to cause a significant drop in available bandwidth as the modulation drops down - but I've only ever seen that on the customer end.
Thanks for explaining Kushan, wait and see for VM 2nd line to comment now then and hope tonight doesn't become round 3!