Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 20:09   #316
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: BREXIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
History has been made!!!.... Andrew and myself agree on something
Ha ha!
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2017, 20:11   #317
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
History has been made!!!.... Andrew and myself agree on something
It's a conspiracy, a (passing)BAT supporter (Brexit And Trump) and a RAT (Remoaning Anti-Trump) are luvving it up. I smell a rat .
Old 01-03-2017, 20:54   #318
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I'm all for a clean break. If there's any vestige of our membership left in tact treasonous remoaners will work behind the scenes to showly sneak us back in. It's the same "mission creep" that suckered us into the EU in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Jeez, try to be a bit more OTT why don't you

By "treasonous remoaners" I take it you mean people with differing views to yours. Whilst I voted to leave I refuse treat those who voted differently with your level of undemocratic hostility, it's pathetic and achieves nothing
By treasonous, I take that as those you stubbornly refuse to believe we are going to leave the EU, and try to delay what was demanded by the Leavers.
Old 01-03-2017, 21:14   #319
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
It's a conspiracy, a (passing)BAT supporter (Brexit And Trump) and a RAT (Remoaning Anti-Trump) are luvving it up. I smell a rat .

Oh dear! The secrets out!

The Brexit leaders were for giving pre-referendum EU citizens in the UK the right to stay. I agree; it is the morally right thing to do.
Old 01-03-2017, 22:06   #320
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Oh dear! The secrets out!

The Brexit leaders were for giving pre-referendum EU citizens in the UK the right to stay. I agree; it is the morally right thing to do.
Understood. I feel our primary moral obligation is to UK citizens living abroad and when EU leaders turned down our proposal to resolve the issue up front of negotiations, they made their citizens hostage to fortune.

It isn't nice but this isn't a game of cricket. We can't keep on trying to instil our sense of fair play in people who want to play by different rules.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:40   #321
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
By treasonous, I take that as those you stubbornly refuse to believe we are going to leave the EU, and try to delay what was demanded by the Leavers.
Quite. The likes of Mandelscum, the Kinnockios, Bliar, John (I'm a failure) Major. Ken Clarke. All those who have sold their souls to Brussels and are collecting the cheques.

Selling out your country to foreign powers. Giving foreign powers the right to enforce their laws, tax our people but spend the money elsewhere, their idea of justice etc. All this is treachery of the worst kind. IMHO.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:00   #322
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Wonder how many of their lordships are also thinking of their retirement in the sun?

It's a tricky issue. There are lots of expats living in EU countries and other UK citizens planning to. But, from evidence in Cyprus, many just want to make a little England in the sun, don't want to integrate, learn the language, they demand discounts because they are expats. (I also know there are those who are the opposite to this so it's not everyone.)

Common sense says that we want free movement and rights for "good" people who will benefit the host nation but not the "bad" people who want to "exploit" (quotes as this could mean different things). We all know what we mean but this has to then be framed legally and it's then we get issues so some "good" people are "denied" while "bad" get away with it.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:13   #323
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Understood. I feel our primary moral obligation is to UK citizens living abroad and when EU leaders turned down our proposal to resolve the issue up front of negotiations, they made their citizens hostage to fortune.

It isn't nice but this isn't a game of cricket. We can't keep on trying to instil our sense of fair play in people who want to play by different rules.
I think you're a tad pessimistic on this point. Let's take the moral high ground. It will create buckets of goodwill for the UK and give the EU 27 a feeling that they "owe" us something and that we are genuine about a mutually beneficial solution. It will also save key parts of the country suffering if doctors, surgeons and other key EU-born nationals leave through uncertainty.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:28   #324
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

A German float, sums it's up as how we're seen in the rest of the EU.

I was 'on the continent' last week, very welcoming they were too. We're just seen as sad eccentric nutters to be pitied.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:32   #325
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think you're a tad pessimistic on this point. Let's take the moral high ground. It will create buckets of goodwill for the UK and give the EU 27 a feeling that they "owe" us something and that we are genuine about a mutually beneficial solution. It will also save key parts of the country suffering if doctors, surgeons and other key EU-born nationals leave through uncertainty.
Substitute 'realistic' for 'pessimistic'. The Prime Minister has given assurance as far as is possible that EU citizens who qualify to stay will be welcome to do so. That is a bucketload of goodwill given that the EU, for its part, is being rather more tight-lipped about the issue.

The UK is being very upfront about its intentions and the 'blame' for this stumbling block ought to be seen for what it is - Europe keeping all its cards close to its chest.

Anyone leaving this Country because of 'uncertainty' when the Government here has made it clear that they are welcome to stay, subject to an agreement with their 'home' Government, would be prematurely turning their back on everything they came here for in the first place. You underestimate the resilience and intelligence of these people.

And the Lords, on this occasion, are unelected, daft old buggers interfering with the will of the British people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
A German float, sums it's up as how we're seen in the rest of the EU.

I was 'on the continent' last week, very welcoming they were too. We're just seen as sad eccentric nutters to be pitied.
Bah, Germans. Bad losers. Was there a float with Mrs Merkel and an AK47 in her mouth?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:46   #326
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

No, will this do though?

Old 02-03-2017, 12:02   #327
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
No, will this do though?
Ha ha, Ja!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:30   #328
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

A German float, sums it's up as how we're seen in the rest of the EU. .
Awww diddums, actually, no, still don't care.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:34   #329
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Interesting facts about what WTO rules would actually mean in reality and why they won't work for us
Quote:
CBI
“The UK would face tariffs on 90% of its EU exports by value and a raft of new regulatory hurdles. Let’s remember these barriers would hurt firms on both sides of the Channel.
“Here in the UK and across the continent firms are worried about this ‘worst-case scenario’. Some are getting ready for it to reduce economic damage. Some won’t prepare because they’re hoping for a deal. But in reality many firms can’t prepare because the cost of change is simply too high to even consider it.
“The Prime Minister is confident that a deal can be achieved - and we agree.
“But to those whose first and only choice is for Britain to walk away without a deal, I say you’re not only wrong but irresponsible.”
On practical hurdles to trade under WTO rules, he will say:
“Imagine you're a small cosmetics firm in Stockport and shops in France sell your products. No deal? Without an EU office it’s illegal for those French shops to sell your products. A loss for you and for them.
“Or imagine you're a chemicals company in Leeds and you have systems that track your ingredients from Poland. No deal? You'll face delays and higher costs getting supplies. Hurting your Polish customers too.”
http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/wto-rules...pandora-s-box/
Old 02-03-2017, 13:00   #330
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Interesting facts about what WTO rules would actually mean in reality and why they won't work for us

http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/wto-rules...pandora-s-box/
The interesting fact is the EU is not working for us.
Closed Thread