Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2017, 21:40   #1411
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

V6 users with 4K TV's are being provided with a link in the Discovery Bar to watch the Champions League final in UHD (via BT Sport on Youtube).

Info. courtesy of ozsat.
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2017, 00:41   #1412
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
V6 users with 4K TV's are being provided with a link in the Discovery Bar to watch the Champions League final in UHD (via BT Sport on Youtube).

Info. courtesy of ozsat.
Why they keep relying on YouTube when they have bt sport lazy I think so
Old 29-05-2017, 08:20   #1413
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

VM don't have BT Sport UHD!?

The only people that have access to BT Sport UHD are some of BT's tv customers - and not even all of them can receive it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Why they keep relying on YouTube when they have bt sport lazy I think so

---------- Post added at 07:20 ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 ----------

Amazon TV App got a whole lot better in the past couple of weeks with their Feature TV add-ons.

But still a shame that they (nearly) all need an extra subscription on top of the current subcription.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think apps is the way of the future, theone. I'm sure we will get Amazon before too long now.
Old 29-05-2017, 11:43   #1414
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post

The only people that have access to BT Sport UHD are some of BT's tv customers - and not even all of them can receive it

Amazon TV App got a whole lot better in the past couple of weeks with their Feature TV add-ons.

But still a shame that they (nearly) all need an extra subscription on top of the current subcription.
But they have in the launched temporary channels, like they could put it on channel 0
Old 29-05-2017, 12:31   #1415
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

No they can't - it is NOT a broadcast channel. It is a streamed feed.
Old 29-05-2017, 13:01   #1416
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
No they can't - it is NOT a broadcast channel. It is a streamed feed.
Ok well it will be interesting to see something on v6 for uhd that is tv
Old 29-05-2017, 13:17   #1417
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:

Aye they don't provide the 4K channel to customers with a speed lower than either 50mbps or 45mbps can't remember which it is now
Old 29-05-2017, 13:52   #1418
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Here I get 52.5MB downloads on a BT line - which is too slow they say.
Old 29-05-2017, 16:44   #1419
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

An Russian Channel called "Sovershenno Sekretno" has joined WorldBox.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 29-05-2017, 17:57   #1420
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRJ View Post
Carl on another forum posted that Talking Pictures launches on Virgin Media on channel 445 on june 1st!

https://www.facebook.com/TalkingPict...type=3&theater
About time too. Can't see why people object to more choice, or because something is in BW or not in UHD it must be crap. Quite the opposite imo. Its a great channel and a fantastic addition
Old 29-05-2017, 18:10   #1421
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
About time too. Can't see why people object to more choice, or because something is in BW or not in UHD it must be crap. Quite the opposite imo. Its a great channel and a fantastic addition
Crikey this post will go down in history as the first time that you are actually happy for once.
Old 29-05-2017, 18:16   #1422
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Crikey this post will go down in history as the first time that you are actually happy for once.
Dear me Den, sarcastic when I'm happy, whinging on when I'm not
Old 29-05-2017, 18:39   #1423
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
My objection is that there are channels that are more in demand out there that we are not getting, and the additions that we do get from time to time are a let down.

I'm glad you are pleased that Talking Pictures is launching. However, it's not for me, I'm afraid.
Old 29-05-2017, 18:47   #1424
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
My objection is that there are channels that are more in demand out there that we are not getting, and the additions that we do get from time to time are a let down.

I'm glad you are pleased that Talking Pictures is launching. However, it's not for me, I'm afraid.
Fair enough OB; the point about TP is that it's a freeview channel, there's not really much excuse for paying VM subscribers not to get these.
I know some want Sky Atlantic, but that isn't on freeview, and Sky are protecting it for commercial reasons. Personally can't see anything on it worth watching, but each to their own.

Last edited by Mr K; 29-05-2017 at 19:04.
Old 29-05-2017, 18:58   #1425
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

So what is for you OB as one often gets a picture of confusement..