Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 08:51   #976
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

I doubt it, last time I checked Virgin Media don't cover the Channel Islands.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:37   #977
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
[/COLOR]ITV Channel Television HD is on it's way along with extra sub regions and more Local TV channels:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

I'm assuming that the new ITV HD channel will come to VM at least.
ITV Anglia East has been broadcasting for nearly a year on satellite. Longer for ITV Meridian South East.

Not being on Virgin & Freeview is down to Arqiva's switching arrangements & not the licence.

The sub regions for the above (Meridian South & Anglia West) require a dual HD playout facility (the bulletin is recorded earlier & then output at the same time as the "live" version in the other part of the region).

Last edited by nodrogd; 06-04-2017 at 11:42.
Old 06-04-2017, 14:12   #978
jj20x

Quote:
ITV Channel Television HD is on it's way along with extra sub regions and more Local TV channels:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

I'm assuming that the new ITV HD channel will come to VM at least.
Interesting, one day Ofcom will adopt a consistent and uniform approach to listing licences and updates. Where on earth have they listed previous "PSDTPS" service changes? They stopped listing ITV HD sometime in 2012 (other than the ITV Breakfast version).

It's unlikely that these additional regional variations will come to VM any time soon. VM doesn't even carry the full range of ITV +1 regions.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Although they do carry ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire across several regional networks, but as you say, when it comes to the HD version, "I doubt it".

Last edited by jj20x; 06-04-2017 at 14:44.

Old 06-04-2017, 14:23   #979
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Although they do carry ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire across several regional networks
Yes, but I think that tends to be either because for ITV HD it covers several regions, or for ITV SD it covers a commuter movement.
Old 06-04-2017, 14:47   #980
jj20x

Quote:
Yes, but I think that tends to be either because for ITV HD it covers several regions, or for ITV SD it covers a commuter movement.
Aha! that explanation makes the situation much clearer.

Old 06-04-2017, 18:45   #981
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Ahhhh right. Does any cable company cover the areas served by Channel Television? Isn't there only one independent left in some part/s?
Old 06-04-2017, 23:55   #982
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Ahhhh right. Does any cable company cover the areas served by Channel Television? Isn't there only one independent left in some part/s?
Wight Fibre on the Isle of Wight is the only company still independent of Virgin Media in the UK. A franchise was never planned by the Cable Authority for the Channel Isles, so nothing was ever built.
Old 06-04-2017, 23:58   #983
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Wight Fibre on the Isle of Wight is the only company still independent of Virgin Media in the UK. A franchise was never planned by the Cable Authority for the Channel Isles, so nothing was ever built.
Thanks, I guess they never thought it would be financially viable.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:28   #984
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Not sure if many of you got or took up the Virgin Media 30 days of Sky Cinema free trail but in case you did just to say although it was supposed to start of the 8th April I noticed I was already getting it last night.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:09   #985
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Not sure if many of you got or took up the Virgin Media 30 days of Sky Cinema free trail but in case you did just to say although it was supposed to start of the 8th April I noticed I was already getting it last night.
how you get it
Old 07-04-2017, 14:14   #986
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Sky News‏
Verified account
@SkyNews 1m

Sources say: Fox takeover of Sky cleared by EU regulators
Old 07-04-2017, 14:29   #987
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
The Channel Islands have autonomy in many matters as they're not part of the UK so are probably not covered by the UK cable licences.
Old 07-04-2017, 14:35   #988
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The Channel Islands have autonomy in many matters as they're not part of the UK so are probably not covered by the UK cable licences.
As OFCOM is responsible for licencing the TV & Radio services in CI, it would also be responsible for any cable franchises operating.
Old 07-04-2017, 14:36   #989
jj20x

Quote:
Probably the same reason rural areas with difficult terrain didn't get cable. The Channel Islands are relatively small isolated areas.

Old 07-04-2017, 14:54   #990
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
As OFCOM is responsible for licencing the TV & Radio services in CI, it would also be responsible for any cable franchises operating.
In the UK - yes. In the Channel Islands - no.
In Jersey, The Office of Utility Regulation regulates the cable company there, Homenet. Homenet was formed from the merger of the cable company and ADSL company.
http://www.homenet.je/broadband-options-2/
Closed Thread