Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 22-03-2017, 11:53   #856
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
More stupid then wise Vince as they are many on this forum far more wiser then l.
Don't do yourself down, Den. There will always be those both brighter and dimmer than ourselves!
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2017, 13:21   #857
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
LFCTV having a free month for all or has it been added to the XL package now?
It just on your package for two weeks starting March 21st.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If you mean on the screen, there's nothing showing on my box (V6). Do you still have a V+ MB?
We have seen them on both V HD and V+ boxes - after 6pm.

No news on V boxes we have still to test it.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

Prolific North: Made in North Wales to launch next month on Virgin Media UK.

Made Television is to launch a dedicated service in North Wales on 26th April.

Made in North Wales, which will be available on Freeview 8 and Virgin 159, will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week,

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2017...vice-in-april/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 22-03-2017 at 15:16.
Old 22-03-2017, 13:57   #858
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Prolific North: Made in North Wales to launch next month on Virgin Media UK.
Seems a bit improbable, given that there is no cable in North Wales.
Old 22-03-2017, 14:03   #859
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Seems a bit improbable, given that there is no cable in North Wales.
The BBC also says it will be on Virgin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39351953
Old 22-03-2017, 14:08   #860
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The BBC also says it will be on Virgin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-39351953
It must be true then
Spiderplant, if you bring the fibre, I'll bring my wheelbarrow and a spade

In all seriousness, maybe it will appear in Wrexham when comes it online as part of Project Lightening - I'm guessing that's quite some way off yet though.
Old 22-03-2017, 14:17   #861
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
It must be true then
Spiderplant, if you bring the fibre, I'll bring my wheelbarrow and a spade

In all seriousness, maybe it will appear in Wrexham when comes it online as part of Project Lightening - I'm guessing that's quite some way off yet though.
We just found it on the Made Television web site:

https://www.madetelevision.tv/press/...e-north-wales/
Old 22-03-2017, 16:21   #862
jj20x

Quote:
We just found it on the Made Television web site:

https://www.madetelevision.tv/press/...e-north-wales/
With all the money being thrown into these channels, that hardly anyone actually watches, perhaps they have acquired sufficient funding to expand the cable network into North Wales.

Then again, they could just be joining the Fox News Channel on one of VM's internal networks, never to be seen by regular viewers...

I'm guessing the press office at Made Television are just duplicating the content of press releases issued for existing regions, without realising that cable hasn't yet reached North Wales.

Old 22-03-2017, 18:14   #863
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I wonder if these local channels have 'must carry' status or if they have to pay VM for carriage?
Old 22-03-2017, 19:50   #864
jj20x

Quote:
I wonder if these local channels have 'must carry' status or if they have to pay VM for carriage?
I don't know the actual arrangement but would have thought that the That's TV channels would be carried if there was a 'must carry' status.

Old 22-03-2017, 20:00   #865
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I don't know the actual arrangement but would have thought that the That's TV channels would be carried if there was a 'must carry' status.
True, also if it was free carriage they would all be on VM.

I can't imagine that these channels have a lot of money, so it must be relatively cheap though.
Old 22-03-2017, 20:10   #866
jj20x

Quote:
True, also if it was free carriage they would all be on VM.

I can't imagine that these channels have a lot of money, so it must be relatively cheap though.
As I understand it, Comux handles the distribution of all local tv stations, so if some are carried on VM and others aren't, I would assume that final decision rests with the local tv company or, more likely, its parent company.

Old 22-03-2017, 20:26   #867
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Just had an email from virgin giving me sky movies free from 8th April to 8th May. First time Ive ever had anything free from virgin.
Old 22-03-2017, 20:39   #868
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
Just had an email from virgin giving me sky movies free from 8th April to 8th May. First time Ive ever had anything free from virgin.
News to us.

We know that Virgin did offer Sky Sports channels free to some viewers so far in 2017.
Old 22-03-2017, 20:39   #869
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Always nice to keep some things as suprises
Old 22-03-2017, 20:43   #870
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Just read the small print, yea it is free but I`ve got to cancel by the 30th April or it will continue at the normal rates. Still its nice to have it free for a month
Closed Thread