Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 14-02-2017, 20:38   #181
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Cheers Jb66.
I think what it was, the engineer said he wasn't given three more jobs to do. And he was only doing the job six month. And that he was rushing it.

Someone else is going to be without a box tonight.

The wife is still trying to fix the problem now.

Why cant VM engineers take there time when doing this work. As at the end of the day, its us the customer that is effected.

Cheers
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2017, 20:48   #182
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

If engineers take there time then they cannot get all their work done in a day unfortunately.

From 0800 to 1900 it's go go go
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 09:34   #183
TAST
cf.member

Services: Services: VIP; BB (120) ;2 TiVo 1TB; 2 V+HD ;Virgin Mobile 3 Blackberry Curves
TAST is on a distinguished roadTAST is on a distinguished road

Strange issue with one of our V6's last night

Whilst recording and watching Elementary on sky 1 HD last night (most recent episode) the V6 suddenly restarted!!

So we switched to Sky plus 1 and started watching (did not record) it again one hour later.

At exactly the same point the V6 re-started again!!

V6 appears to be behaving itself on all other recordings/programs

Any ideas or suggestions to explain this behaviour

Tel
TAST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 10:37   #184
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAST View Post

Whilst recording and watching Elementary on sky 1 HD last night (most recent episode) the V6 suddenly restarted!!

So we switched to Sky plus 1 and started watching (did not record) it again one hour later.

Tel
It did this with Modern Family the other week though I wasn't watching it live just the recording. That was Sky One too.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 16:35   #185
scollie
cf.member

scollie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Tel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
It did this with Modern Family the other week though I wasn't watching it live just the recording. That was Sky One too.
It happened to me with both these programs as well. My wife insisted on trying twice more to watch Modern Family and both times it re-started at the same point.

We haven't tried to rewatch Elementary but we are intending to do so tonight from catch up - hopefully it will not cause the same problem. (I'm assuming I can get it on catch up - I haven't checked.)
scollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 21:11   #186
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Sky have probably embedded something in their channel feed to screw up VM boxes. I'm joking of course (although it wouldn't surprise me if they did )
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 21:23   #187
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
Sky have probably embedded something in their channel feed to screw up VM boxes. I'm joking of course (although it wouldn't surprise me if they did )
Oh dear you might upset some of the old boys on here now.
Old 15-02-2017, 21:59   #188
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Tel
I've just watched the recording of Elementary that I recorded from Sky Living HD last night and it crashed the box. I haven't risked trying again yet. I've also recorded it on my regular TiVo and that can play past the crash point. I've set the Sunday repeat to record on the V6, I'll see if it is any better.
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 22:48   #189
Impith
Inactive

Impith is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday my son tried to watch this week's Elementary on 'the kids' V6 box. It crashed. At the same point each time. So he watched it over the network off 'our' box (through theirs) and was successful. Tonight I tried to watch it directly on 'our' box and it crashed at the same point. Strange.

(Nobody ask why we are recording the same program on two v6 boxes please)
Impith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 02:22   #190
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Too many issues now coming to the fore with the V6, I aint buying until these are fixed, seems like a rushed job to me!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 09:30   #191
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Too many issues now coming to the fore with the V6, I aint buying until these are fixed, seems like a rushed job to me!
Most of us don't have any issues, Max. It's far better than the old Tivo.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 09:40   #192
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
As Usain would say its breaking world record pace in this household compared to the venerable snail of old.
Old 16-02-2017, 10:45   #193
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My pair of V6s are two weeks old today and, at least so far, not a single problem.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 19:28   #194
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Tel
How? I didn't think that we had Sky 1 +1 on VM??

For the last three weeks every Mondays 8:30pm showing of Coronation Street has stopped recording after two minutes!?!?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 19:46   #195
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
How? I didn't think that we had Sky 1 +1 on VM??

For the last three weeks every Mondays 8:30pm showing of Coronation Street has stopped recording after two minutes!?!?
Perhaps the V6 AI trying to tell you something....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote