Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 29-03-2017, 17:46   #3076
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Finally got the 2nd box connected

How do I get the new TiVo remote to control the volume?
A surround sound system or soundbar is much better than TV speakers
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2017, 18:00   #3077
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Instructions are here: Your Virgin TV remote
Thanks
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 18:26   #3078
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
A surround sound system or soundbar is much better than TV speakers
Do you use a sound bar instead of the TV speakers or with? Was thinking of getting one is why I ask.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 18:30   #3079
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Instead of.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 19:39   #3080
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Instead of.
Ok great. As I said I'm thinking of getting one in the not too distant future.
Old 30-03-2017, 05:34   #3081
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

My V6 box was last online about 4pm yesterday and since then will not go online and getting the code C233 saying lnvalid network settings but i have not changed them.

so is this the problem that others are having?
love Virgin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 14:58   #3082
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Ok great. As I said I'm thinking of getting one in the not too distant future.
Hi Sam,

Like Stuart says, you use the soundbar instead of the TV speakers. Even if you have a decent tv with a great picture, the speakers aren't always the best. Using a soundbar or surround sound will definitely improve the audio for the things that you watch. They make everything sound a lot clearer.
Old 30-03-2017, 15:01   #3083
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Hi Sam,

Like Stuart says, you use the soundbar instead of the TV speakers. Even if you have a decent tv with a great picture, the speakers aren't always the best. Using a soundbar or surround sound will definitely improve the audio for the things that you watch. They make everything sound a lot clearer.
We bought a half price soundbar when we bought our new TV and the sound is magnificent.
Old 30-03-2017, 15:10   #3084
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the help. I have started looking at the various makes. Any suggestions?
Old 30-03-2017, 15:28   #3085
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
My V6 box was last online about 4pm yesterday and since then will not go online and getting the code C233 saying lnvalid network settings but i have not changed them.

so is this the problem that others are having?
I did notice yesterday that our On demand went off line in the afternoon. There was quite a bit of lag/spinning circle when trying to access some of the internet based apps/areas of the interface last night as well. I had assumed there was some network issue. Hopefully it's resolved itself by now. I'm not at home to check, unfortunately.
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 15:41   #3086
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgerp View Post
I did notice yesterday that our On demand went off line in the afternoon. There was quite a bit of lag/spinning circle when trying to access some of the internet based apps/areas of the interface last night as well. I had assumed there was some network issue. Hopefully it's resolved itself by now. I'm not at home to check, unfortunately.
App's are back but on demand is still off
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 15:48   #3087
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I have started looking at the various makes. Any suggestions?
I would suggest going with the same make as your TV. If it's Samsung or LG you can then connect the newer models wirelessly through Blue Tooth.

If you have a curved TV, some makes do have curved soundbars too.
Old 30-03-2017, 15:55   #3088
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
I would suggest going with the same make as your TV. If it's Samsung or LG you can then connect the newer models wirelessly through Blue Tooth.

If you have a curved TV, some makes do have curved soundbars too.
Got a Samsung TV,not curved or smart.
Old 30-03-2017, 17:27   #3089
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Got a Samsung TV,not curved or smart.
Samsung soundbar probably be best then mate. You might be able to hook it up wirelessly, if not, definitely with an optical cable.

My optical cable is from the TV to the surround, so if I'm watching movies on the V6 box or watching Netflix through PS4 or the TV app, the sound is always brilliant.
Old 30-03-2017, 18:47   #3090
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Samsung soundbar probably be best then mate. You might be able to hook it up wirelessly, if not, definitely with an optical cable.

My optical cable is from the TV to the surround, so if I'm watching movies on the V6 box or watching Netflix through PS4 or the TV app, the sound is always brilliant.
Thanks I'll look at getting a Samsung one then. Thanks for your advice.