Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 30-11-2015, 13:40   #2416
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Re PM's, I understand what you are saying, but PM's only co-ordinate, communicate, and chase up tasks, not complete them - it is up to the Task Managers to ensure work is being done, and communicating any issues/mitigations/alternative resolutions to the PM.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2015, 13:48   #2417
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

We went to a certain supermarket this morning and well talk about going downhill since we last went in there as half their shelves were empty and they were dearer on quite a few things compared to their rivals so we won't be going back there in a hurry.
Old 30-11-2015, 14:05   #2418
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Re PM's, I understand what you are saying, but PM's only co-ordinate, communicate, and chase up tasks, not complete them - it is up to the Task Managers to ensure work is being done, and communicating any issues/mitigations/alternative resolutions to the PM.

I agree, sorry i should of been clearer PM's that overstate and over involved their role a £25k job would of cost £75k because the PM started making decisions they had no place to make.

Thankfully been able to reverse the issues, however I suspect when i get on site it's going to be a bit of a **** storm !
Old 30-11-2015, 14:11   #2419
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

It certainly pays to shop around den. I have to laugh at my Dad when I take him shopping 1st stop Asda, then Morrison's, then Sainsbury's, then Aldi and finally Farmfood's this adventure takes place every fortnight. We both look forward to our little shopping day.
Old 30-11-2015, 23:50   #2420
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I have two today.

1) My dog having dirty paws then walking through my living room leaving a trail of paw prints.

2) The price of trainers when you go into the men's size. The trainers for my my wee one has almost doubled in price just because he has went up a size.
Try having large feet. I am a size 12.5, which is in the large but not particularly massive category (I have friends with 13, 14 and even size 15 feet). In most shops (apart from TKMaxx, oddly), I often have to specially order trainers as they don't carry them in stock.

I agree about the prices though (which is why TKMaxx being the only reliable supplier suits me down to the ground as they are relatively cheap).

Funny thing is, I remember a few years ago, I was working in Freight Forwarding, so had an idea of how much shipping things in containers to other countries costed. I had a day off, so I was sitting watching some talk show (Kilroy, I think). The CEO of Nike UK was on, and someone asked him about the high prices of trainers. His answer? High shipping (and particularly customs) costs.. At which point, I thought "bull" and giggled.. They would have paid a few thousand pounds (I don't know the exact costs, but I suspect it would have been the low thousands) per container, but think how many hundreds (if not thousands) of pairs of trainers they could get in a 40 (or even 20) foot container. The cost of shipping would be no more than a couple of pounds per pair, and I doubt it would have even been 1 pound per pair. Bear in mind those trainers were probably made for a few pennies in a sweatshop somewhere, and I suspect trainers attract quite a large profit..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:52   #2421
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

What no Christmas theme? Not good enough, I'm missing all the moaning already !
Old 01-12-2015, 13:47   #2422
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Ink for the printer as it seems to use it rather quickly.
Old 01-12-2015, 16:16   #2423
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I really grudge the price of ink den.
Old 01-12-2015, 16:26   #2424
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Its a cartel sadly.
Old 01-12-2015, 17:02   #2425
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
What no Christmas theme? Not good enough, I'm missing all the moaning already !
I always need to change it back as the white always feels too bright so i would be moaning.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:44   #2426
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Idiot drivers! Just got back from dropping Osem Jnr off at his primary school placement and found myself caught up in quite heavy traffic navigating its way along a narrow road with quite a lot of parked cars causing quite a number of pinch points. I could see my way ahead wasn't clear so pulled over to the left to allow an oncoming bus to clear the parked cars and pass by me before I carried on. To my astonishment as the bus was just a few feet in front of my car the lady driver behind me decided to overtake me for reasons best known to herself. Result? She was on the wrong side of the road face to face with a the bus with me on her left looking on with amazement. To make matters worse, she looked surprised to find that her stupidity had left us with nowhere to go. Luckily the driver behind her had left sufficient room for her to reverse back out of the way to allow the bus to pass and me to move on. You have to wonder what these people are thinking, if anything, when they get behind the wheel.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:25   #2427
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Sadly some people who should never be let near a car are on the roads these days. Just thank your lucky stars that with my eyesight as bad it is I can never get behind a wheel. Apparently even laser surgery wouldn't improve my sight enough to be able to drive.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:45   #2428
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

At least she could reverse. When I'm down in Cornwall I've lost count of the number of people when confronted by a double decker in a narrow lane are totally incapable of reversing for even a few yards without making a bog of it. How on earth do these numpties ever get a licence?

Mind you as a passenger on the bus it's an entertaining sport especially as the hedges on the sides of the roads have granite cores.
Old 02-12-2015, 16:55   #2429
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Yes, I suppose lol

I reckon a lot of these people drive with tunnel vision, fixated on the car in front and oblivious to anything else which might be going on. It's not the first time I've been overtaken by an idiot when I've been giving way to oncoming traffic either.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 18:58   #2430
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I have a cold sore
These are most annoying

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We went to a certain supermarket this morning and well talk about going downhill since we last went in there as half their shelves were empty and they were dearer on quite a few things compared to their rivals so we won't be going back there in a hurry.
Just love your Santa, Den
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote