Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | getmessage.virginmobile.co.uk/mmcpB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mobile Roaming

Old 16-08-2013, 14:35   #1
Buzzby
Inactive

Services: TV + Phone + 200mB internet from now virgin
Buzzby is on a distinguished roadBuzzby is on a distinguished road
Mobile Roaming

In June this year I contacted Virgin mobile to have roaming added on my mob when I went to the canaries. Needless to say it did not work.
I will now be trying to do this for Crete soon. I hope it will work or else I will just go back to my old supplier O2. It worked fine then.
The mob no is a ported no into virgin, that may be the cause of the trouble.
We will see!!!!!

:afire
Buzzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2013, 14:44   #2
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Mobile Roaming

If you log in to your online account it should tell you whether you have roaming enabled, just make sure this says you are enabled and if it doesn't give them a ring
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 23:23   #3
Buzzby
Inactive

Later on I went to Crete, it worked ok. Thanks for the tip.

Old 17-03-2014, 09:34   #4
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
If you log in to your online account it should tell you whether you have roaming enabled, just make sure this says you are enabled and if it doesn't give them a ring
I might have the same problem as the OP. So here goes.
I contacted VM to have roaming switched on (on March 3) and the this was switched on. However I find that if I log into my account it says Roaming switch off, but if I check by dialling 789 it says Roaming switched on.

On contacting VM today (as advised by Virgin's help & support forum) it was confirmed that roaming is switched on and that perhaps there are problems updating my account. So is roaming on or off?
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 10:42   #5
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

I think there's a problem with the online indicator as a family member recently went abroad and it was the same case as you, CS said it was on and the website said off and it turned out to be on so if CS say it's on it will be on
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 11:04   #6
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Thats very good to know
Old 18-03-2014, 16:59   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
Thanks. Thats very good to know
I had the same issue and was only able to confirm it was set right when i was on my holiday in Malta

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 17:24   #8
Buzzby
Inactive

Yes it's me again. I went to the canaries again, my two phones again didn't work. Yes I had checked on my a/c that I had international roaming set on both.

I could receive calls but not make any. I was being served by Orange who referred me to call 470, which referred me to 470 again. The virgin welcome text provided tel nos which would not work.

I tried the usual 07... 00447.. and +447... prefixes nothing worked. GGGRRR!!!

I wasn't the only one with this problem. I met a businessman who ran his business from his smartphone on Virgin, he had the same trouble. He told me he had met others in the same crappy predicament all on Virgin.

Virgin what are you doing to your customers? Are you trying to shed customers?

Old 27-05-2014, 17:41   #9
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

On the Virgin Media forum I recall seeing a statement by them about problems in Spain and as the Canaries are Spanish the same problem may be affecting them.
Old 28-05-2014, 10:58   #10
BeeVee
cf.member

Services: VIP50
BeeVee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzby View Post
Yes it's me again. I went to the canaries again, my two phones again didn't work. Yes I had checked on my a/c that I had international roaming set on both.

I could receive calls but not make any. I was being served by Orange who referred me to call 470, which referred me to 470 again. The virgin welcome text provided tel nos which would not work.

I tried the usual 07... 00447.. and +447... prefixes nothing worked. GGGRRR!!!

I wasn't the only one with this problem. I met a businessman who ran his business from his smartphone on Virgin, he had the same trouble. He told me he had met others in the same crappy predicament all on Virgin.

Virgin what are you doing to your customers? Are you trying to shed customers?

Same for me in Marbella last month, you can only receive calls and send and receive texts. You can't phone out to anyone as it won't work.

Rang Virgin after coming home who said it's a problem in Spain and the Orange network.
BeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 00:30   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
On the Virgin Media forum I recall seeing a statement by them about problems in Spain and as the Canaries are Spanish the same problem may be affecting them.
Indeed, the networks in the canaries are the same Spanish national operators as the rest of Spain.

Problems like these are the main reason I ensure my two phones are on two different networks.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 15:42   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I was in Gran Canaria last week and had no issues at all. Calls, Texts and Data all worked as they should.