Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 30-03-2012, 19:24   #31
Jinxey
cf.member

Services: 150Mb
Jinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Quote:
As part of the complete revamp of its bundles, Virgin Media has also updated its standard broadband product offering to create a clear distinction between its advanced digital services and those of its competitors. With most ISPs in the UK still delivering broadband over telephone wires and barely delivering half of their advertised maximum speeds* of around 20-24Mb, Virgin Media’s broadband product offering is now uniquely ‘superfast as standard’ offering consumers a choice of up to 30Mb, 60Mb, or 100Mb**, with customers on older tiers such as 10Mb or 20Mb being upgraded at no extra cost as part of Virgin Media’s Double Speeds programme.
Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, does this mean the 10Mb (soon to be 20Mb) are going to be totally abolished and the minimum speed being sold 30Mb? Or is this simply for customers with bundles... or "collections"?
Jinxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2012, 19:28   #32
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxey View Post
Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, does this mean the 10Mb (soon to be 20Mb) are going to be totally abolished and the minimum speed being sold 30Mb?
As I understand it, yes. For new customers, anyway. There may be some existing '10 meg' subscribers who choose not to pay the "small fee" (something under a fiver, I think) to upgrade to the full 30 meg.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 19:50   #33
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
As I understand it, yes. For new customers, anyway. There may be some existing '10 meg' subscribers who choose not to pay the "small fee" (something under a fiver, I think) to upgrade to the full 30 meg.
Doesn't look like there will be a charge to me:-
Quote:
customers on older tiers such as 10Mb or 20Mb being upgraded at no extra cost as part of Virgin Media’s Double Speeds programme.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 20:33   #34
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not at the moment mate I'm on a retentions deal , Sky World , ESPN , Sky BB and Talk with a Sky+HD multiroom box paying just under £78.00 so even at them prices VM wouldn't come close however when it's up in 11 months I would certainly look.
thats good deal then take it all HD is in with that with sports and movies
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 21:39   #35
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Doesn't look like there will be a charge to me:-
Correct. There is no charge for 10 to 20. 20 to 30 is optional and there will be a charge.
Old 30-03-2012, 23:20   #36
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
thats good deal then take it all HD is in with that with sports and movies
Yes it certainly is
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 00:47   #37
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Correct. There is no charge for 10 to 20. 20 to 30 is optional and there will be a charge.
However the press release would surgest that the broadband tiers are going to be 30/60/120 if you read it fully and look at the example collections table. Which would imply that the lowest tier is going to be 30mb.

Quote:
** Virgin Media will be upgrading the 100Mb service to 120Mb as part of its ‘Double Speeds’ programme currently rolling out across Virgin Media’s network (www.virginmedia.com/doublespeeds). Existing customers on 50Mb or 100Mb will be automatically be upgraded to 120Mb, with customers on 100Mb also benefiting from a price reduction to align their broadband service with the price for the 50Mb service.
This would surgest 30/60/120 tier levels.

So anyone on 10mb just needs to wait. they will get an uprade to 20mb within the next year or so but it also looks like they will get an upgrade to 30mb in the future.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 01:10   #38
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

The 'Premiere' bundle is pretty much exactly the same as what I already have, but a tenner cheaper all in. Can't complain!

EDIT: Tell a lie, does the ' + V HD' imply it includes a second box? Thats even better!
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 05:49   #39
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

This is great news. I do think now would be a good time for VM to realign the product names pertaining to the different tiers of phone, broadband and tv.
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:25   #40
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
However the press release would surgest that the broadband tiers are going to be 30/60/120 if you read it fully and look at the example collections table. Which would imply that the lowest tier is going to be 30mb.

This would surgest 30/60/120 tier levels.

So anyone on 10mb just needs to wait. they will get an uprade to 20mb within the next year or so but it also looks like they will get an upgrade to 30mb in the future.
No. Wrong.

The currently-advertised slowest speed is 10mb. However, there is still (as far as I know) a legacy 2mb service available for use as a 'bargaining chip' to keep a customer happy.

After the latest upgrades, 30mb may well be the lowest speed that new customers can get. However, existing customers who had their speed double - 10 -> 20 - may well choose not to pay the small extra amount to be upgraded to 30.

That's my take on it anyway. Happy to be corrected by Ben or any other VM worker in here who knows any different.
Old 31-03-2012, 10:28   #41
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Tell a lie, does the ' + V HD' imply it includes a second box? Thats even better!
According to the table on http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/S...ices-2397.aspx 'Premier' includes both a 500GB Tivo and a V-HD box.

Price seems to be lower than I'm paying now for 30MB broadband, XL TV and talk weekends package. I only want one box though.
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 11:29   #42
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Hi. I have been on the VIP package for a number of years now, and currently have a 1 TB TiVo, a V+ box in another room and 50 MB broadband. With the new "collections" it would appear that 100 MB broadband is now standard as part of the package that I am on. I am aware that all the broadband speeds are increasing, but for me that is not due to happen until November. My question is, could I ring up now and be upgraded to 100 MB immediately, and then presumably be further upgraded to 120 MB whenever it happens, or do I still have to wait until the end of the year?
Thanks.
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 11:48   #43
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Has anyone tried this link on the VM website?

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...x-upgrade.html
Old 31-03-2012, 12:06   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
Has anyone tried this link on the VM website?

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...x-upgrade.html
Its a broken link l am afraid.
Old 31-03-2012, 12:42   #45
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

So do these bundles include the TIVO charge or is it an extra ontop of the quoted bundle price?
toady is offline   Reply With Quote