Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

[update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Old 25-11-2010, 13:13   #31
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Re: [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Whadda ya mean the fiat 500 isn't ideal for driving up the Eiger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg9LipFU6ek

Originally posted on C&VG
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2010, 13:47   #32
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffdemon View Post
I just hope they don't go mad with DLC as i feel it would be an insult to gamers who waited for this game and for the lack of some features .
Unfortunatly thats become an all to common feature of games of this generation. I don't mind when its new content created after the game and released but in a fair amount of cases you can see its content that was done and then pulled to be released later on to draw more money from people. Maybe thats just the cynic in me but I've felt this before in a couple of games.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 14:04   #33
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Unfortunatly thats become an all to common feature of games of this generation. I don't mind when its new content created after the game and released but in a fair amount of cases you can see its content that was done and then pulled to be released later on to draw more money from people. Maybe thats just the cynic in me but I've felt this before in a couple of games.

I 100% agree , ive seen far to many games where you know they have done that and its not on at all , fable III was a bit cheeky , wanting you to buy the dog suit everytime you went to the sanctuary or whatever it was called , and to be fair they should have fixed the dam game first before they started on the DLC , sony could go mad with GT5 and offer more quality cars that you know should have been in the game already , anyway i am off to see if i can get into more of this GT5

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Whadda ya mean the fiat 500 isn't ideal for driving up the Eiger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg9LipFU6ek

Originally posted on C&VG

hahaha yeah saw that on the tube the other day bit of a fail there lol
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 14:22   #34
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

I don't think they've actually finished the game in terms of initial expectations and you think that after 5 years it would be. The fundamental issue is the lack of classification system in online races, surely this is just something they couldn't get in for release as opposed to a design flaw. The damage system has already been mentioned by Yamouchi in a tweet saying that there will be another patch at a later date to enhance this.

Then there's the more superficial and less important thing which will annoy the GT completists: can't upgrade brakes on every car, can't change wheels on standard models - both things you could do in all of the previous games.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 14:22   #35
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I haven't got it yet but a friend of mine got it and said as soon as he put it in it needed an update!

I find it funny that with the time it took to be released they clearly still hadn't got it ironed out in time for release.

At least they can be patched after buying.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 19:45   #36
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Apparently GT5 will be getting another patch at the weekend to address some of the multiplayer issues

Quote:
Gran Turismo 5 will get updated this weekend

"We received a lot of demands for having more regulations placed on the online play," creator Kazunori Yamauchi told EuroGamer at the game's launch in Madrid.
Source: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/4732/gr...oming-saturday
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 20:58   #37
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

My work mate got it today so ill be getting the low-down tomorrow as we are both really into forza3
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 13:50   #38
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

" what a difference a day makes "

been playing it this morning again and really started to enjoy it now , had a time trial with a zonda in the wet and omg it was fun , then went onto trying some of the Kart racing , alot of fun indeed , love the handling mrs ruined it asking me to make some dinner otherwise i still be racing , the game is slowly starting to come out of its shell and open up !!
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 00:10   #39
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Haven't tried the online since the patch was applied earlier but I've been having too much of a buzz in single player. The Nordschleife is awesome: narrow, bumpy and very scary and on the full lap AMG challenge with the gullwing Merc you get all kinds of Sunday driver traffic getting in your way while you're trying to give it some beans, just like the real thing absolutely brilliant.
Old 28-11-2010, 00:23   #40
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I assume Nordschleife is Nurbergring(sp?)? I went round that on Forza and it's an awesome track. Is it a lot better than Forza race wise? Cause as good as that game is, it's all track based whereas with GT5 you have all these different types of races...
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 00:48   #41
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I assume Nordschleife is Nurbergring(sp?)? I went round that on Forza and it's an awesome track. Is it a lot better than Forza race wise? Cause as good as that game is, it's all track based whereas with GT5 you have all these different types of races...
It is yes, the 13 mile version of the complex. Used for touring/GT car races, testing or you can drive around it yourself on public days and even be driven around in a Dodge Viper by a professional racing driver if you have a change of underpants handy

I have driven it myself and the GT5 version of the circuit is by far the most realistic and detailed I've seen. Forza version doesn't hold a candle to it.
Old 28-11-2010, 01:38   #42
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

I'm so loving this game, i havn't tried the online part yet but for a good long while i don't think i'll even get around to it as there is just so much stuff in this game, it's more like 5 games in one, the graphics are amazing the gameplay is second to none, it was worth the wait, if i didn't already have a PS3 then i would have brought one just for this, in fact 2 of my friends have done just that
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 13:31   #43
haydnwalker
Inactive

haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I would also be getting a PS3 for GT5 if the mrs would let me get yet another console
Old 28-11-2010, 15:08   #44
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
I would also be getting a PS3 for GT5 if the mrs would let me get yet another console
Have you tried the Blu Ray player excuse or do you already have one?
Old 28-11-2010, 17:17   #45
haydnwalker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Have you tried the Blu Ray player excuse or do you already have one?
Not used that excuse...but neither of us watch many films anyway - so I doubt that would work. Especially now BD-players have come down in price.