Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 30-03-2012, 13:37   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Virgin Media brings out it's new 'Collections' bundles

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...t-bundles.html

Quote:
Virgin Media has today announced the launch of Collections, a major revamp of consumer bundles that brings the TiVo service into its standard product offering.

Launching in April, Collections are intended as "market-changing packages" that will meet consumer demand for "faster broadband and intelligent connected TV services".

Collections marks a complete revamp of Virgin's service bundles and comes following completion of the full rollout of 100Mbps broadband to 13 million UK homes. Due to a network upgrade programme, Virgin's base broadband speed has also now increased to 30Mbps.

The biggest change is that TiVo is now included in Virgin Media's standard product offering, being offered as an option alongside the standard TV, internet and landline services. TiVo was previously made available as a separate upgrade, mainly for premium customers.

Collections brings together the TiVo service with the updated broadband speeds in three tiers of service. Any customers who don't want the recording functionality of TiVo can still opt for a V HD box instead.

Consumers are able to purchase the 'Essential Collection' offering a TiVo box with a 500GB hard drive, the M+ pack of TV channels (with six HD channels), 30Mbps broadband and the Talk Weekends landline package for £25 per month.

The 'Premiere Collection' offers the TiVo 500GB box with XL TV and V HD (23 HD channels), 60Mbps per second broadband and Talk Weekends for £45.

At the top end, the 'VIP Collection' offers the 1TB TiVo set top box with the XL TV package (including all 36 high definition networks), 100Mpbs broadband (soon to be upgraded to 120Mbps) and Talk Unlimited for £95 per month.

All Collections require customers to take a Virgin Home Phone line at £13.90 per month.

Since its launch in late 2010, Virgin's converged television service powered by US DVR giant TiVo has attracted almost half a million customers.

However, Virgin no doubt hopes that integration in its core product offering will significantly increase take-up, as well as appease customers angry over a recent TiVo price hike.

"Virgin Media has been leading the evolution of digital entertainment in the UK, and with services such as TiVo and 100Mb, we've catalysed a massive growth in the consumption of digital entertainment," said Andrew Barron, the chief operating officer of Virgin Media.

"This is the first time we've combined these leading products in this way and these ground-breaking Collections mark a new chapter for digital services in the UK, with superfast broadband and next-generation TV services now attracting the mass consumer market and families looking for the best way to enjoy their digital lives across the numerous connected devices found inside - or outside - the home today."

Collections will be available to both new and existing customers. To mark the launch, Virgin is offering any new subscribers six months service for half price when taking a Collection on an 18-month contract.

The bundles will be advertised in Virgin Media's new TV adverts featuring David Tennant and Richard Branson, due to air from tomorrow.
Old 30-03-2012, 14:00   #2
Steggily2
cf.member

Steggily2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

I have just recieved a phone call telling me I will be upgraded to the VIP collection free of charge at the start of April (was already on the VIP package). This essentially doubles my broadband speed (50M to 100M) before the planned change for my area, which was due to be one of the last to be converted.

I am now a very happy chappy.
Steggily2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 14:55   #3
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

The 'Premiere Collection' offers the TiVo 500GB box with XL TV and V HD (23 HD channels), 60Mbps per second broadband and Talk Weekends for £45.

At the top end, the 'VIP Collection' offers the 1TB TiVo set top box with the XL TV package (including all 36 high definition networks),

Can you explain this "bold"
Other wise looks good
Old 30-03-2012, 15:08   #4
chris9991
Inactive

chris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant future

Probably Sky Sports/Movies HD
chris9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 15:19   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9991 View Post
Probably Sky Sports/Movies HD

Good thought . Think you are spot on.
Old 30-03-2012, 15:41   #6
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang on.
VIP Collections with 100mb and phone line £108.90
VIP Package with 50mb with (free) upgrade to 100mb £103.55.
Someone smelling something here.
Ok got it now, this includes the april rise
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 15:53   #7
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Collections will be available to both new and existing customers.
I pay about that now for 60mb BB & M+ with a V+. So if I'm reading this right I can now have XL with a TiVo for the same price? Where's the catch? Installation/activation fees?
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 15:55   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You'd pay £49.95 install for TiVo but that would be about it

BTW those prices are on top of line rental - so the total cost is £13.90 higher - so £58.90 for the Premiere Collection
Old 30-03-2012, 16:03   #9
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

Of course. Got ya.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 16:16   #10
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

According to the release at the Virgin Media Media Centre the VIP Collection includes a 1Tb and a 500Gb TiVo. SkySports and Movies collection (HD included) confirmed.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 16:23   #11
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofrok View Post
According to the release at the Virgin Media Media Centre the VIP Collection includes a 1Tb and a 500Gb TiVo. SkySports and Movies collection (HD included) confirmed.
Looks like I need to make a call, only have a V HD box and 1t tivo at the moment
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 16:28   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I've just queried that as it wasn't the same as our internal info. Unfortunately somewhere along the line the wrong information was given for the PR team to release

The VIP collection is a 1TB box and a V HD box
Old 30-03-2012, 16:33   #13
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Thought it sounded good!
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 16:35   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Although price was £5 too much too (VIP Collection is £90 + phone rather than £95) - so technically you could still do a 1TB + 500GB for the same monthly price as it was saying

Just the activation fees would be different
Old 30-03-2012, 16:43   #15
Itshim
Do I care what you think

I like the fact that its all been tidied up. Question will people be migrated to these plans or stay as they are unless they request too ?

Its just a question. Please do not see anything it to it. Really its just question