Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Porting from VMB to VM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Porting from VMB to VM

Old 21-04-2011, 19:50   #1
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Porting from VMB to VM

I'm on Virgin Media Business and seriously thinking of moving back to residential and getting business hosting elsewhere.

So if I want to keep the phone number can I port it across and if so is there a cost on residential for porting across a number on a new account.

TnX
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2011, 09:38   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Porting from VMB to VM

Theres no cost for porting, residential sales can arrange the number transfer when you order Kymmy.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 10:01   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Thank you
Old 22-04-2011, 15:14   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Another question on this matter..

If I wanted to go for a bundle (BB-XL, TV-M+ and Phone-M) and wanted the £50 cashback and the £5 discount for 6 months as well as the number ported can I do that online or is it an advisor only??
Old 22-04-2011, 17:21   #5
weesteev
Cable Guru

weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Has no-one given you mates rates Kymmy?

I would imagine you can do it all online but due to fact its a VMB line I would maybe speak with the sales team first.

Old 22-04-2011, 17:27   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

No one likes me enough to do that for me
Old 22-04-2011, 17:30   #7
weesteev
Cable Guru

PM me if you want it Kymmy, I can make an exception for you

Old 22-04-2011, 17:36   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Thank you kindly, I'm still trying to find decent cheap hosting atm (need to cover Europe and Oz with good speeds on multiple domains but when I eventually do I'll be ready to transfer and will PM you then.
Old 20-09-2011, 11:52   #9
Siob
Inactive

Siob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there I spotted this thread thru google following any help for my own phone issues!

I'm in a similar position and was trying to port my VMB number to VM but was informed by VMB not possible, company do not allow etc a few months ago but you could call VM to see if they can reduce costs etc then on speaking to VM(I already have a residential package as well) was told YES you can, but not a direct port would have to cancel business line and VM did a form that would allow them to pick up the number as soon as disconnected hooray, the CSA I spoke to went and talked to other staff and spent some time investigating as I queried any gap between line changing over, she reassured me that by them doing this form it would be switched with immediate effect and advised me to give notice to VMB! BUT following the month's notice and subsequent disconnect of VMB line VM were unable to get the number, I spent 6hrs approx over 6 days with various customer advisors, then managers trying to sort out only to be finally told that it couldn't be done and I might not even get my number back but to contact VMB to try and reconnect ARGH, I spoke to ofcom at one point and despite their advice that I can keep my number according to VM seems like if it's from VMB to VM they won't .
(I had hoped to save money from an extra unnecessary phone line, business is mobile and a few hours a week, and put it back into VM by taking up extra TV tivo etc)
Yesterday VMB managed to save my number but I'm at a loss and sorely aggrieved from all the hassle been through, VM have given me a £30 credit but that doesn't even pay my mobile phone charges calling them as I was away at a family wedding when it all happened.

weesteev help! Any thoughts on this?

Sorry as a newbie to immediately be crying out for help!! And thanks in advance for any ideas/thoughts
Siob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 13:59   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You can take your VMB number to VM there shouldn't be a problem. It's also possible to take your VM number over to business and it is fairly simple to do. However not sure how it works the other way round.
Old 20-09-2011, 14:22   #11
Siob
Inactive

I so wish it had been possible but according to VMB only possible for VM over to VMB not the other way and VM had initially thought possible but 6 days without the number and 6 plus hours to and fro talking to various agents and managers they said could not be done , now stuck with two lines when only make about £2 a month of calls unless I give up the number(loathe to with older family members knowing by heart)
Old 20-09-2011, 19:17   #12
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siob View Post
I so wish it had been possible but according to VMB only possible for VM over to VMB not the other way and VM had initially thought possible but 6 days without the number and 6 plus hours to and fro talking to various agents and managers they said could not be done , now stuck with two lines when only make about £2 a month of calls unless I give up the number(loathe to with older family members knowing by heart)
Are you re-contracted with VMB? If not maybe you could port to a voip provider?
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 19:44   #13
Siob
Inactive

When they reconnected they didn't say if new contract so hmm not sure as yet, did wonder re VOIP but unsure over, especially since having the extra line lying idle
Old 20-09-2011, 20:33   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well unless something has changed at work and I've never been told, it should be possible to move the number back to VM.
Old 20-09-2011, 21:34   #15
Siob
Inactive

Is there any way you can check out? As after 6 hrs the last week on the phone to VM and a few hours the month before initially arranging I've run out of hope but if it can be done in some way before I give up on VM and VMB altogether, would love to resolve