Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 14-07-2007, 01:05   #421
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
I've just watched some of a new web-based project, called Sanctuary, starring & produced by Amanda Tapping.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12027.html

First impressions are favourable - the CGI is very obvious, but understandable, given the budget, but the acting & storyline are spot-on, imo, so far.

So far I've seen 4 episodes, each of which is about 15 minutes long.

One surprise was the very credible English accent from Amanda.

Excellent gonna enjoy watching these

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Considering she was born in Essex, I'd still say her credible English accent was a surprise

You can take the girl outta Essex, but taking Essex outta the girl
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2007, 19:35   #422
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I just watched Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales. Not bad, but not as good as I hoped, although it was nice to see
Spoiler: 
Galen
make an appearence.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 20:01   #423
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
I just watched Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales. Not bad, but not as good as I hoped, although it was nice to see
Spoiler: 
Galen
make an appearence.
Is that a new one?Or an old one?
Old 02-08-2007, 20:12   #424
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

New one.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 20:21   #425
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

I used to love babylon 5, not seen it in years.

I liked the big alien, that was cloaked, and had a strange head, was kind of the wise one.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 23:02   #426
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post

I liked the big alien, that was cloaked, and had a strange head, was kind of the wise one.

ik
The Vorlon
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:47   #427
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post

ik
You mean the guy in my avatar? His name is Kosh
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 19:53   #428
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yes, he was a Vorlon.

I watched the pilot of the Sarah Connor Chronicles tonight and quite enjoyed it - there was plenty of action and set up the series nicely.

Spoiler: 
Summer Glau (from the 4400 and Firefly) plays the part of the good terminator sent to protect John and Sarah.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 20:12   #429
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Yes, he was a Vorlon.

I watched the pilot of the Sarah Connor Chronicles tonight and quite enjoyed it - there was plenty of action and set up the series nicely.

Spoiler: 
Summer Glau (from the 4400 and Firefly) plays the part of the good terminator sent to protect John and Sarah.
thanks for that, especially the 'spoiler' - downloading now

<edit> and has been watched - very good first impressions, if it can maintain the pace it should be great
Old 20-09-2007, 00:29   #430
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The second series of Eureka starts on Sky One on Tuesday 2nd October at 8pm

This was an excellent fantasy/sci-fi series that is entertaining and often quite funny.

For some odd reason, it's known as 'A Town Called Eureka' in the UK.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 00:39   #431
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Excellent
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 02:45   #432
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The second series of Eureka starts on Sky One on Tuesday 2nd October at 8pm

This was an excellent fantasy/sci-fi series that is entertaining and often quite funny.

For some odd reason, it's known as 'A Town Called Eureka' in the UK.
Thanks Paul..For once it doesn't appear to clash with another programme.
Old 26-09-2007, 13:22   #433
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

This has just started filming.....

Watchmen

ComicCon poster
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 14:43   #434
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Phew!I thought it might be a poor version of Terry Pratchett's Guards tales.

Old 28-09-2007, 00:03   #435
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
This has just started filming.....

Watchmen

ComicCon poster

I bet Alan Moore hates it.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote