Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SCART to HDMI TV ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion

TalkTalk Youview to have Sky channels

Old 26-07-2012, 12:39   #1
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
TalkTalk Youview to have Sky channels

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...w-service.html

Quote:
Sky and TalkTalk have agreed a deal that will enable TalkTalk to offer a range of Sky's entertainment, sports and movies channels on its forthcoming YouView pay-TV service.
Could certainly shake things up a bit, but I thought the point of Youview was that it was consistent? Plus lets hope the broadband is up to the task

Quote:
All the Sky channels will be delivered over broadband and come to TalkTalk's YouView service
Old 26-07-2012, 21:36   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TalkTalk Youview to have Sky channels

Puts BT in a good place now with their EPL Football contract , expect them to negotiate a better deal than announced here. I think I'll hang fire with these services until BT and Talk Talk provide me with fibre , my Anytime+ works ok with ADSL however the bulk of my HD is delivered over satellite and recorded to PVR.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 13:52   #3
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: TalkTalk Youview to have Sky channels

Late this year and early next year I thing payTv in the UK is going to have a big shake. It's going to become more of a dip in dip out product. Customers will take more of a pick an mix approach and the big players need to be in a position to provide this.

Paying £50 a month for 200 channels of which consumers only watch 20 is going to become a thing of the past. Customers will choose only content that they want.

The big all in £100 a month packages will fade away. For me that would be something like sports, sky Atlantic ,skynews with freeview. I think that will be possible in the not to distant future.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...w-service.html

Could certainly shake things up a bit, but I thought the point of Youview was that it was consistent? Plus lets hope the broadband is up to the task
You should consistency across a brand/network isn't always straight forward, isn't it the case on the virginmedia cable network not all areas get the content an services?

As for the broadband if the VM Network can cope any network can cope. Does contention or over subscription mean much to you?
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 13:57   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TalkTalk Youview to have Sky channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly_ View Post
You should consistency across a brand/network isn't always straight forward, isn't it the case on the virginmedia cable network not all areas get the content an services?
Actually it's only the BT owned areas but Virgin run areas that can't get all the services now.

Quote:
As for the broadband if the VM Network can cope any network can cope. Does contention or over subscription mean much to you?
It's a completely different proposition though to plan to deliver a good chunk of linear channels over IPTV in a way that people will accept from 'proper' channels