Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Red Button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Red Button

Old 14-04-2012, 07:39   #61
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: BBC Red Button

LOVING red button this morning. My little boy really likes the in car view. Really good effort from the BBC. I've had cause to complain to them this week about their sport coverage, but they've got this right.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2012, 06:31   #62
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well so far my impressions of the new BBC apps is that the BBC new app is very impressive but at the moment the sports app still needs a lot of work done to it yet as all that is on there at the moment is F1 clips.
Old 16-04-2012, 08:28   #63
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well so far my impressions of the new BBC apps is that the BBC new app is very impressive but at the moment the sports app still needs a lot of work done to it yet as all that is on there at the moment is F1 clips.

I so agree a LONG way from anything like the finished product. However as with all things what is the perception & what is the reality of what is promised are two different things. The V+ is still a far better platform for delivering this SERVICE!!!!
Old 16-04-2012, 13:28   #64
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Well perhaps it might come quicker then you think Itshim.

Given the track record. I would expect it to be completely up & running ( ie matching other sources) sometime mid 2013 So I guess you may just be right - How about early 2013 !
Along with my BB upgrade ( That`s a year plus away & I thought I planned ahead !!)
Old 16-04-2012, 15:32   #65
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

The BBC are saying that the World snooker Championships will be shown on the red button on cable I wonder if the includes the new App?

Quote:
All matches also available live via the Red Button on digital, satellite and cable, Freeview coverage may vary.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/16659380
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 15:34   #66
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
The BBC are saying that the World snooker Championships will be shown on the red button on cable I wonder if the includes the new App?

From what l know it does not include being shown on the new app at present.
Old 16-04-2012, 16:00   #67
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Pretty poor if this isn't available on TiVo yet it's available on older boxes they are trying to get customers to 'upgrade'
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 16:14   #68
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If I had to guess I reckon it's down to the BBC's desire to have a consistent UI experience across all platforms. Not all other devices that have the News app and will get the Sport app can receive the TV streams, so the BBC haven't included access within the apps yet, whereas they can all access internet video.
Old 16-04-2012, 16:41   #69
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If I had to guess I reckon it's down to the BBC's desire to have a consistent UI experience across all platforms. Not all other devices that have the News app and will get the Sport app can receive the TV streams, so the BBC haven't included access within the apps yet, whereas they can all access internet video.
I am sure you are right & its down to the BBC . BUT it does nothing for The TiVo box

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

Please NOTE may vary
Old 16-04-2012, 16:49   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Please NOTE may vary
In other words coming soon.
Old 16-04-2012, 16:53   #71
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Please NOTE may vary
Think that is only referring to Freeview due to the comma
Old 16-04-2012, 17:13   #72
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
From what l know it does not include being shown on the new app at present.
I know more sport will be coming soon on both Sky and BBC but at the minute, no snooker & no Sky Tennis on TIVO...beginning to feel like I'm paying more for less >
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 17:13   #73
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

It's pretty clear from the description as "BBC sport for connected TV" that this app isn't just for TiVo but is in fact probably the future of the BBC red button across all platforms. That simply can't be used as a stick to beat Virgin or TiVo with.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 09:00   #74
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
It's pretty clear from the description as "BBC sport for connected TV" that this app isn't just for TiVo but is in fact probably the future of the BBC red button across all platforms. That simply can't be used as a stick to beat Virgin or TiVo with.
I am not "blaming" Virgin or in fact, the TiVo box for the lack of uses on the red button.
I can point the finger at Virgin for one of the BIGGEST hyp over substance I have seen in years
However to say that the BBC red button, is coming soon ,here all ready or up and running -however true the bare fact may be . Is very misleading.

Its somewhat like launching a new car with out its engine. Its here, it runs ( if you push it!) .You can play with it ,however its NOT what most sane people expect when told that the car is launched .

Virgin seem to shoot them self's in the foot time & time again
Old 17-04-2012, 10:40   #75
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Virgin seem to shoot them self's in the foot time & time again says the above poster...

I do not agree the TIVO box is coming along nicely and is getting better each month.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote