Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 25-11-2011, 13:00   #16
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

I've looked into my crystal ball and have seen the following....

Constant speculation!

Thank God it will only last at most 3 and a half months
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2011, 13:01   #17
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Latest from Twitter

It is not yet known whether the new channel will be available on Virgin Media. We will advise when we can.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:02   #18
semps
Inactive

semps is an unknown quantity at this point

Sky HD customers get the channel too (without having a sports package), so hopefully virgin will do the same or at least match it if you have a moan!
semps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:05   #19
gcampbell
Inactive

Services: Sky + HD
gcampbell is on a distinguished roadgcampbell is on a distinguished road

I'm sure it'll work out, after all Virgin Media are constantly looking at new and exciting channels to add to their TV line up, or so I am constantly told by them.

Of course, going by recent form, that probably means no one will get the channel they actually want and instead Virgin Media will be excited to announce the arrival of the Basket Weaving Channel in glorious High Definition!!
gcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:09   #20
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
According to the (Daily Mail??) article on the Coming Soon thread, that says the channels will be free to both Sky and VM sky sports subscribers so I doubt VM customers will have to pay any more...for SD anyways.
If it is free to Virgin Media customers (that is both SD and HD), then AT LAST SKY have listen to the general republic!!!

Still Waiting Sky Sports HD3/4, Sky Sports News HD, Sky News HD, Sky Atlantic, Sky Atlantic HD, Sky 3D for Virgin Media Customers (at least as Premium Channels)
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:11   #21
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Knowing VM they will tell us all it's too expensive like they have with other channels.

Bets on Sky Sports F1HD been a Sky Exclusive? And VM only get the Standard def channel.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:12   #22
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by semps View Post
Sky HD customers get the channel too (without having a sports package), so hopefully virgin will do the same or at least match it if you have a moan!
i have seen on there twitter than sky hd customers get the hd channel free even if there not sky sports customer but they need the hd pack
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:16   #23
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I get how they are able to withhold Sky Atlantic-that is after all just another channel, regardless of how desirable the content is to some, but such has been the outcry over the BBC giving up half of its Formula One output, including a well supported if ultimately failed Parliamentary petition, I can't see anyway in which they'll be allowed to keep this channel as an exclusive. It simply won't happen in my opinion.

What will be interesting will be exactly how much it will cost non-Sky customers, and in what broadcast quality it will be available.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:17   #24
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I would suspect VM Sky Sports subscribers will receive it but can't see it being free to all on their platform . Sky will use this to tempt people to join and take the HD pack.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:19   #25
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I would suspect VM Sky Sports subscribers will receive it but can't see it being free to all on their platform . Sky will use this to tempt people to join and take the HD pack.
myabe so but sky 1 is on xl pack and so is sky 1 hd so you never know it maybe in the xl pack only as its only going to be on for 9 months of the year. i hope so anyway.
Old 25-11-2011, 13:21   #26
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I'm no business expert but I think Sky would be stupid not to include this channel with as many TV suppliers as possible.

Off the top of my head, the BBC have been getting around 10 million viewers on some races this year and coincidently Sky have around 10 million TV subscribers. Obviously not every Sky customer is an F1 fan so making this channel available to VM, BT etc must be an obvious choice.

If they don't do this and the viewing figures are poor then I'm sure Bernie will stick his oar in and threaten to go back to Auntie Beeb

As stated above, the HD version is most likely to be a Sky exclusive, IMO.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:28   #27
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Well it'll be good to get an F1 channel in HD finally, that idiot midget has been holding off on it for years, I guess now he's seen the light because Sky told him they could monetize it via subscriptions.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:30   #28
nstokes
Inactive

it WILL NOT be on freeview according there twitter so the daily mail (or whatever site it was) got that bit wrong
Old 25-11-2011, 13:38   #29
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
myabe so but sky 1 is on xl pack and so is sky 1 hd so you never know it maybe in the xl pack only as its only going to be on for 9 months of the year. i hope so anyway.
Personally can't see it , but hope I'm proven wrong.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:52   #30
Swampie
Inactive

Services: VM BB L (10M) Tivo M+ Phone XL
Swampie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
Well it'll be good to get an F1 channel in HD finally, that idiot midget has been holding off on it for years, I guess now he's seen the light because Sky told him they could monetize it via subscriptions.
BBC has been doing F1 in HD already this year.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

SkySportsF1 twitter feed has confirmed that the channel will be free to Sky HD subscribers (in HD), or in SD to Sky Sports subscribers. So it sounds that it would be unlikely to get the SD version on Virgin Media without also taking Sky Sports.
Swampie is offline   Reply With Quote