Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 13:31   #751
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthornton View Post
If you're going to be moving in 6 months, ...
Just beacause Rattus wants to move doesn't mean he will. My wife and I waited two years for a family to vacate a house after they accepted our offer to buy. In the end we moved somewhere else, but that is a different story.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2011, 13:35   #752
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Just beacause Rattus wants to move doesn't mean he will. My wife and I waited two years for a family to vacate a house after they accepted our offer to buy. In the end we moved somewhere else, but that is a different story.
But he is unlikely to sign an 18 month contract as you never know and no one wants to have to pay an early disconnection fee.
Old 11-01-2011, 13:35   #753
Rattus
Inactive

Rattus will become famous soon enoughRattus will become famous soon enoughRattus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthornton View Post
If you're going to be moving in 6 months, and probably to an area where you have no possibility of subscribing to Virgin Media, it doesn't really seem to me that it is in either your or Virgin Media's interest to make any significant changes to your subscription. Why bother for just 6 months?
Wanting to move and actually moving are very different in the market as it stands

And yes a long new contract is probably more important that the £150 quid connection charge. A tv service is a fixed service (well for cable at least) you can't take it with you the way you can a mobile phone or indeed sky. Which makes me question the idea of long contracts. I can see why VM would want to tie you down though. However finding out how much it costs to cancel is difficult as no one wants to answer that question usually when you phone up.
Old 11-01-2011, 14:52   #754
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST BEEN TOLD ON THE PHONE VIA CUSTOMER SERVICES THAT THE TIVO WILL BECOME AVAILABLE SOMETIME IN MAY!!!!!!! I'm not kidding you, everyone it seems is hearing a different date!
Old 11-01-2011, 15:19   #755
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post

JUST BEEN TOLD ON THE PHONE VIA CUSTOMER SERVICES THAT THE TIVO WILL BECOME AVAILABLE SOMETIME IN MAY!!!!!!! I'm not kidding you, everyone it seems is hearing a different date!
I will check that myself when in work tomorrow but do not hold your breath.
Old 11-01-2011, 15:24   #756
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

All these different dates are doing my head in!
Old 11-01-2011, 15:39   #757
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
Wanting to move and actually moving are very different in the market as it stands

And yes a long new contract is probably more important that the £150 quid connection charge. A tv service is a fixed service (well for cable at least) you can't take it with you the way you can a mobile phone or indeed sky. Which makes me question the idea of long contracts. I can see why VM would want to tie you down though. However finding out how much it costs to cancel is difficult as no one wants to answer that question usually when you phone up.
but if you take up a new contract and move.
take your V.M equipment with you and if V.M can't supply you where you have moved to .
the contract is void as you have not broken it .
Old 11-01-2011, 15:49   #758
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
but if you take up a new contract and move.
take your V.M equipment with you and if V.M can't supply you where you have moved to .
the contract is void as you have not broken it .
He would be charged an Early Disconnection Charge as his contract would not be void.
Old 11-01-2011, 16:04   #759
vanman
cf.mega poster

vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
He would be charged an Early Disconnection Charge as his contract would not be void.
how so if V.M can not supply it's there fault not his.
he has not Disconnection he wants the sevice but V.M cant supply it.
Old 11-01-2011, 16:07   #760
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
how so if V.M can not supply it's there fault not his.
he has not Disconnection he wants the sevice but V.M cant supply it.
If you sign a contract for an address that can be provisioned and during the contract period you decide to move to an unprovisioned address then yes you would be liable for an Early Disconnection Charge, it is not a question of Virginmedia being unable to supply services to your new address as you are under contract.

I expect if Ben sees this post he will confirm it.
Old 11-01-2011, 16:16   #761
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You are indeed correct. Any contract is for the address you are at, there is never any guarantee of forward transfer. This is in the terms:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-lega...ices.html#home

If you move to another address during any minimum period paragraph J2 will apply, unless you continue to receive Virgin Media Ltd and/or Virgin Media Entertainment services at your new address (in which case paragraph K3 will apply).

J2 covers the Early Disconnection Fees
Old 11-01-2011, 16:20   #762
vanman
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Our and/or Virgin Media Entertainment's obligation to provide the services is also subject to survey. If a survey shows that the services cannot be installed or connected at your home, or if a non-standard installation is required, we may cancel any installation date we have given you and terminate these agreements. You will be notified of this as soon as possible after the survey. Neither Virgin Media Ltd nor Virgin Media Entertainment shall be under any liability whatsoever to you for any failure to provide the services in these circumstances but will refund you for any payments you have already made to Virgin Media Payments for installation or the services.
Old 11-01-2011, 16:23   #763
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yup, that applies to the agreement for the address you applying for services which is counted as a seperate legal agreement, not at an address where services are already active

So if you had asked for a TiVo box at the house move, paid for the box and then it was found the services couldn't be installed, you would be refunded the any fees paid for TiVo

However you would still be liable for any charges or EDFs that are due for your existing services
Old 11-01-2011, 16:54   #764
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post

I don't think this is true, ottoni.

an announcement is close
Old 11-01-2011, 17:03   #765
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Utterly shocking if we have to wait till May.
Closed Thread