Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 27-03-2008, 13:49   #61
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

I will do it and get a MOD to sticky it if allowed.

-Edit-

Further update: Download of GT5:P Update failed at 90%. The Update servers are being totally hammered. Perseverance is the key here I think.

Also, I've read on various forums that the "Beyond The Apex" video which is meant to be on the disc is not actually on it!!!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2008, 14:53   #62
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Very late postman but its ARRIVED ! lol Will have a look at it soon and let you know how crap I am lol
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 15:22   #63
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Some of the events are quite tricky. I would recommend using medium traction control or cmpletely tuning it off on relatively easy courses (Daytona) and using lots of traction control on the slightly difficult courses (Suzuka). Use driving line for the first few races.

Might be wise to start a seperate thread regarding hints & tips?

I seen your name pop up on screen to let me know you signed in.

The only other issue I have found regarding this game, is changing the date & time settings within GT5. May be another update will fix this.

Enjoy!
Old 27-03-2008, 15:24   #64
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze age
keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age

Whats the difference between this and the jap version ? aside from the menu's being in english ...
keithwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 15:32   #65
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Europeans have additional features, than the Japanese/US version:

From my original post:

Drift Mode
– The player’s drifting technique is measured based on drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course.

In Depth Car Tuning
– Players have the ability to adjust the vehicle’s performance, including power, tyres, suspension and the ability for quick tuning whilst racing.

Two-player Split Screen Racing
– Allows players to race head-to-head offline.

New Race Events
– Online racing fans can join in on a new set of scheduled events and time trials.

As well as more cars to toy around with!
Old 27-03-2008, 16:42   #66
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Where did you pre-order it from? Did you not receive an email from your supplier stating that the game has been despatched and giving you a tracking number?

-Update-

40 Minutes gone and about 3/4 of the way through downloading the update. Patience is the key here. Remember some other European countries got theirs yesterday on official release and they will be hammering the Sony servers like no tomorrow, so bandwidth is going to be maxed out for a wee while. I think Sony may offer more servers for future updates, following updates to the PSN & Store which are due this afternoon.

I could recommend playing the game and downloading the update maybe in the wee small hours of the morning. Having said that, if GT5:P is released on the store today then the update servers may still be maxed. I guess patience is the key here.

@STONEISLAND - PS Store updates take place every Thrusday so it may be there today, but they may not make the download active until midnight tonight. As soon as I hear anything, I will be sure to post here to let you know.
finally arrived at some point between that post and 2pm and no one told me!

around 35minutes since i put the disk and i'm just starting the gt5p update after installing it to the hd and updating ps3 to 2.20
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 18:29   #67
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

The game is 6GB when installed to the HDD. I was about 98% done on the update on my 5-6 try and the servers went down for maintenence lol just my luck.

As for the game itself its just amazing. I cant think of anything else to say. Its everybit as good as I was expecting infact I would go as far as saying its surpassed my expectations. To think that this is only a taster of the full game is mind blowing. The cars are beautifully rendered and the tracks look superb. Gotta say its hard being away from it . . . . . . ok am off for another game lol
Old 27-03-2008, 18:32   #68
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Now I'm confused? I have just checked the store and nothing? Have I missed somthing here?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 18:54   #69
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Store is currently going under updates, although it may be a later update due to the new GTA IV trailer (final part) being released later today.

Once the store has been updated, I will post here.

SPOILER ALERT: (kind of)
Thought i'd create a list for anyone having difficulty choosing their starting car on GT5, Enjoy. Alfa Romeo Brera
£31,400
FF
147bhp/6300rpm
133.08ft-lb/3800rpm
1280kg

Citroen C4
£31,900
FF
177bhp/7000rpm
151ft-lb/4750rpm

Ford Focus
£32,000
FF
221bhp/6000rpm
235.79ft-lb/4000rpm
1430kg

Honda Integra Type-R
£27,300
FF
216bhp/8000rpm
151ft-lb/7000rpm
1180kg

Mazda Rx-8
£28,980
FR
246bhp/8500rpm
159ft-lb/5500rpm
1310kg

Suzuki Swift
£16,300
FF
123bhp/6800rpm
109ft-lb/4800rpm
1060kg

VW Golf GTI '05
£32,750
FF
197bhp/5100rpm
206ft-lb/1800-4700rpm
1366kg

VW Golf GTI '01
£31,500
FF
147bhp/5700rpm
154ft-lb/1750-4600rpm
1280kg
Old 27-03-2008, 19:43   #70
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post

SPOILER ALERT: (kind of)
Honda Integra Type-R
£27,300
FF
216bhp/8000rpm
151ft-lb/7000rpm
1180kg
That Honda Integra is brilliant for the Class C races. I went with the Mazda Atenza first which was not bad and got me through the first races well but once I picked up the Honda everything just got alot easier. I went for looks at first lol There both nice looking cars to. Gotta save up for the Audi R8 or a Austin-Martin DB9 ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! lol Beautiful Cars.
Old 27-03-2008, 19:57   #71
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Yeah I got the Atenza first, good cheap we car that leaves you with plenty of credits left over. Bought a Swift SSport, Suzuki Cappucino and I am now doing a few races to get the Alfa T1. Only need to finish 2 more races on Class C then I can move on.

Need that Cappucino to move it's backside and beat a lap time of 1m 39secs to win Gold. Grabbed Silver with it, but it understeers like a don't know what!

After the Alfa, I am getting the Integra.
Old 27-03-2008, 20:14   #72
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

i'm currently attempting to update it, first time failed as the servers went down for maintenance ><

done a couple of races in my orange ford asbo as clarkson calls it :p the in car view is superb as are the rendering of the other cars / environment
Old 27-03-2008, 20:19   #73
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

I cant believe a demo gets so much hype (enough for people to actually pay for it )
Old 27-03-2008, 20:28   #74
icestar2
Inactive

I got the Update now finally.

Cerberus Did you sort out the time problem with it ? If not this is what I did might help you or anyone else stuck with it.

The games goes off your system time setting so go to your time setting's and just click update via internet and it will update your time. You should turn your daylight saving to standard to first. Mine works fine now since doing that.

Hope it made sense lol.
Old 27-03-2008, 20:32   #75
dev
Inactive

for the update failing, i read somewhere it is supposed to resume from where it failed yet the progress bar starts at 0 for me, is it actually resuming or not?