Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ping Test

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

50 megs in london

Old 01-01-2009, 20:01   #1
toufas
Inactive

toufas is an unknown quantity at this point
50 megs in london

is there any timetable on when 50 megs are gonna hit london? nw3 postcode if it makes any difference
thank you
toufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2009, 20:29   #2
busboy125
Loving VM at the moment!

Services: VIP 350mb
busboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: 50 megs in london

Quote:
Originally Posted by toufas View Post
is there any timetable on when 50 megs are gonna hit london? nw3 postcode if it makes any difference
thank you
Use the checker at this link http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/50Mb/index.do

Hope this helps
Old 01-01-2009, 20:32   #3
toufas
Inactive

i know about it but it doesnt help checking every week to see if its available, i am asking if any technicians knew anything about it.
Old 01-01-2009, 20:47   #4
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough

im sure we will be first to know.. Have patience dear boy.
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 23:04   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I was under the impression that London had already been done or it was being done first
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 23:14   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
thank you
Virgin Media haven't (AFAIK) published a timetable, even a rough one, for when they are upgrading each area. If and when we get one, you can bet we'll published it on the front page.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 23:46   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I was under the impression that London had already been done or it was being done first
At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, London is huge. Two parts have been done (Hayes and Croydon), but the majority hasn't been.

In fact NW3 isn't even precise enough to tell me which network region toufas is in. NW3 is split between two VM regions.

A reminder of the areas enabled so far: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...l#post34701711
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 00:23   #8
ufitm

Services: VM VIP package and DTT freeview

Quote:
thank you
Accroding to C/S person i spoke to before xmas to see when my area was due to be done, as i have a Dudley postcode, but i am in worcestershire
I was told that the whole of london area was the only place in the uk
that had been done( which from the list in the thread i knew was wrong)
i told them i the areas i knew that had been done, answer they did not
know any other areas than london. thats just one answer the easier one to qoute, looks like the left arm does not know what the right arm is doing
ufitm
Old 02-01-2009, 00:27   #9
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

The timetable should be available this month as for which date only VM knows
broadbandking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:38   #10
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, London is huge. Two parts have been done (Hayes and Croydon), but the majority hasn't been.

In fact NW3 isn't even precise enough to tell me which network region toufas is in. NW3 is split between two VM regions.

A reminder of the areas enabled so far: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...l#post34701711
Indeed

London is in several parts, from the ex-Telewest side, regional headend bolded:

London North

Haringey
Hackney [Dalston]
Enfield
Camden

London South East (Looks more like Kent / Essex to me, *shrug*)

Basildon
Chelmsford
Southend
Tilbury (Grays)
Gillingham
Maidstone

London South

Croydon
Mortlake
New Malden

London West

Hayes

Then you throw in the ex-ntl.

Westminster
Seven Kings
Greenford
Watford
Lewisham
Acton
Waltham Park
Bexleyheath
Harrow
+ more
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 19:41   #11
toufas
Inactive

its camden then i suppose (i am in hampstead to be exact) but the council is camden :P
Old 02-01-2009, 20:05   #12
leesonmedhurst
Inactive

leesonmedhurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
Indeed

London is in several parts, from the ex-Telewest side, regional headend bolded:

London North

Haringey
Hackney [Dalston]
Enfield
Camden

London South East (Looks more like Kent / Essex to me, *shrug*)

Basildon
Chelmsford
Southend
Tilbury (Grays)
Gillingham
Maidstone

London South

Croydon
Mortlake
New Malden

London West

Hayes

Then you throw in the ex-ntl.

Westminster
Seven Kings
Greenford
Watford
Lewisham
Acton
Waltham Park
Bexleyheath
Harrow
+ more
A quick question, are you sure Croydon has been enabled? As I am in the Croydon area and when i use the postcode checker it tells me 50mb is not yet available. I admit I haven't yet embarked on the nightmare of trying to speak to customer services.

Does anybody have 50mb up and running in the Croydon area?
leesonmedhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 20:45   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Broadbandings wasnt saying that all those areas have been enabled, he was replying to my comment that I thought I had read all of London had been done and he was simply highlighting the fact that London isn't "one" area which can be done simultaneously and that it is split up into multiple regions/areas which are listed above.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 22:04   #14
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesonmedhurst View Post
A quick question, are you sure Croydon has been enabled? As I am in the Croydon area and when i use the postcode checker it tells me 50mb is not yet available. I admit I haven't yet embarked on the nightmare of trying to speak to customer services.

Does anybody have 50mb up and running in the Croydon area?
Define Croydon area - when you click the Connection button at the top do you see .croy somewhere in your connection details?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 14:17   #15
Gav Mack
Inactive

Services: VM Cable, Freeview 50Mb BB
Gav Mack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
Define Croydon area - when you click the Connection button at the top do you see .croy somewhere in your connection details?
Croydon is definitely enabled - I'm in Purley and my 50Mb upgrade has been booked for the morning of Tuesday 20th. £50 activation plus £30 for the modem I thought a bit steep but I guess I'll take slight advantage of no TMS by hammering it
Gav Mack is offline   Reply With Quote