Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat from Sky and hacking the STB?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion

Smallworld media ?

Old 20-04-2008, 03:35   #1
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
Smallworld media ?

Just browsing and I came across Smallworld Media, its based around the Scottish borders and offers Digital TV, Broadband and Phone services. Has anybody any experience of them?

http://www.smallworldmedia.com/default.aspx?page=home
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2008, 03:48   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Smallworld media ?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=678413

Some people have said how good it is there.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 04:02   #3
frogstamper
Inactive

frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=678413

Some people have said how good it is there.
Cheers cimt, they don't sound bad, they are upgrading their top BB to 30mb this year, their TV selection is comparable to ours, in fact in some ways better as they still have the basic Sky channels, and best of all there is no sign of STM or the dreaded Phorm. Its a shame they are not bigger and an option to VM, that way I don't think VM would take us for granted the way they do.
Old 25-04-2008, 14:20   #4
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

im guessing that they are cable ?
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 19:48   #5
grahamej
Inactive

grahamej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I'm with Small world, up here in Cumbria,.
From the service I receive, i think they have one person on their staff, fail to answer mail queries, do not have support for mac computers, stop 60% of my mail as abusive no reasons given. why do I stay then.
I'm leaving asap
grahamej
grahamej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 01:09   #6
frogstamper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamej View Post
Hi
I'm with Small world, up here in Cumbria,.
From the service I receive, i think they have one person on their staff, fail to answer mail queries, do not have support for mac computers, stop 60% of my mail as abusive no reasons given. why do I stay then.
I'm leaving asap
grahamej
The grass always looks greener from the other side a year later and VM have certainly up'd their game.
We now have 12 HD channels with even more to follow and best of all if your on VM's top telly package they are all free, also they have added free ESPN to our packages a package Sky charges £10pm for, we now have the Sky basic channels back an a good few new SD channels....all this and 50mb broadband with 100mb rolling out this year.
Yep VM have certainly up'd their game this year.