Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 04-12-2008, 00:42   #151
Fatec
Inactive

Fatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to behold
Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the complete collection (seasons 1-7)

Just under 50 quid at Amazon

Still need to get the Angel collection...
Thanks, didn't notice the price drop.

Ordered for bro in law
Fatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2008, 07:03   #152
dgardner

Don't kow if I should say this but I have just ordered the complete Prisoner: Cell Block H from Australia for about £660.
http://www.fulfillment.com.au/prisoner/
Old 07-12-2008, 09:21   #153
zing_deleted

was there really that many series? guess we got it quite away through over here then. You are joking ? you will well get stung with import duty if you are not

Mind you I remember Bee who is on the box of the first series used to have a thing for lexy too lol
Old 07-12-2008, 09:23   #154
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgardner View Post
Don't kow if I should say this but I have just ordered the complete Prisoner: Cell Block H from Australia for about £660.
http://www.fulfillment.com.au/prisoner/
That will keep you going on a rain winters day 692 episodes at a Running time of 50 munites per ep !
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:36   #155
zing_deleted

It kept me going through my stoner years late night tv sucked back then but I still loved it. Prisoner Cell Block H followed by Santa Barbara lol . I remember ITV had a week special every night Prisoner specials but unfortunatly I had to sit up watching all the pretty lights which were the old Patriot missiles shooting down the scuds in the first Iraq war lol
Old 07-12-2008, 11:09   #156
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

im looking forward to dexter season 3! got a long wait though i think
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 13:37   #157
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

I'm still waiting for a region 2 version of "One Crazy Summer" with John Cusack.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:20   #158
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Three for Two on a large selection of Blu-ray Discs at Amazon...

I've just ordered:

A Nightmare before Christmas (Collector's Edition)

Life of Brian

Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut

So many more I wanted to get...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:48   #159
zing_deleted

Same offer on play.com can you smell the desperation in the market place
Old 09-12-2008, 08:11   #160
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Three for Two on a large selection of Blu-ray Discs at Amazon...

I've just ordered:

A Nightmare before Christmas (Collector's Edition)

Life of Brian

Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut

So many more I wanted to get...
Not sure about the last one, but the other two won't be HD! OK they will upscale, but what's the point in having them on Blu-Ray?? A BluRay player can play / upscale DVD's...
Old 09-12-2008, 09:49   #161
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Not sure about the last one, but the other two won't be HD! OK they will upscale, but what's the point in having them on Blu-Ray?? A BluRay player can play / upscale DVD's...
They are in HD, why would you think they weren't, all older movies on Blu-Ray will have been taken from the original 35mm film negative(Remember they are designed to be shown on gigantic screens) and scanned into a computer. That is how Blade Runner one of the best looking HD films has been put on Blu-Ray, the negatives are scanned at 2k or 4k which is a lot higher resolution than is required for 1080p Blu-Ray

Yes the older DVDs can be upscaled but will not look as good as the actual Blu-Ray film.

The only Blu-Ray I know that isn't actually proper HD is Life on Mars.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptorr/archive/...-high-def.aspx
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15   #162
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They are in HD, why would you think they weren't, all older movies on Blu-Ray will have been taken from the original 35mm film negative(Remember they are designed to be shown on gigantic screens) and scanned into a computer. That is how Blade Runner one of the best looking HD films has been put on Blu-Ray, the negatives are scanned at 2k or 4k which is a lot higher resolution than is required for 1080p Blu-Ray

Yes the older DVDs can be upscaled but will not look as good as the actual Blu-Ray film.

The only Blu-Ray I know that isn't actually proper HD is Life on Mars.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptorr/archive/...-high-def.aspx
Thanks for that - now I know!!
Old 09-12-2008, 13:54   #163
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

I just ordered:

Sin City Special Edition Recut and Extended Region 1

The Shield Season 4

Profondo Rosso 2 disc Special Edition Italian Cut and International Cut

I have other DVD's to watch over Xmas as well,so it's all good!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 15:02   #164
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

I've weakened and ordered all the start trek movies to date for £50 off amazon.

However I am awaiting all 4 seasons of Lexx that I got for £60 from a company on ebay (who ship from Australia but becasue they ship into there own warehouse in the UK avoids the import duty!)
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 22:22   #165
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Hellboy II

All on Blu-ray Disc.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote