Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | My Connection...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

My Connection...

Old 09-02-2012, 21:53   #1
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
My Connection...

Is it all good? SNR?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...cy/m-p/1024653
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2012, 22:13   #2
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: My Connection...

snr is fine i think above 34 or 36 if it above 40 your defintely fine which your is
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 22:16   #3
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Thanks man
Old 09-02-2012, 22:24   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

More importantly what is your connection like is it slow, laggy or does it just seem normal.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 22:37   #5
thenry
Inactive

Not normal. Lags. Speeds are becoming inconsistent. File transfer speeds drop when they never use to.

Am I right in believing capacity available is being filled up?
Old 09-02-2012, 22:41   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Not normal. Lags. Speeds are becoming inconsistent. File transfer speeds drop when they never use to.

Am I right in believing capacity available is being filled up?
I would not know and only a call into support or an answer on the community forum can tell you that.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 22:52   #7
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

They never used to? Wait so this whole cloners shenanigans was a hoax all along? Clicking at the wallplate stopped too I assume?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 23:23   #8
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
I would not know and only a call into support or an answer on the community forum can tell you that.
Ok I'll wait for a reply on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
They never used to? Wait so this whole cloners shenanigans was a hoax all along? Clicking at the wallplate stopped too I assume?
They did but not as bad, they use to pick up now it just drops.

No and no
Old 10-02-2012, 17:09   #9
thenry
Inactive

just called VM and luckily got through to someone in the UK. The guy said the areas at 48%. He ran a full diagnostic, told me to speed test again and it max'd out 34-35 down, 3.10 up
Old 22-02-2012, 19:59   #10
thenry
Inactive

no reply on the community with regards to capacity upgrades
Old 23-02-2012, 04:16   #11
hjf288
Inactive

Services: 50Mbit
hjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nice

Why are you getting such high packet loss? Router off?

What router are you using?
hjf288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 10:14   #12
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

From the VM community post right by the graphs...

Quote:
the red is the SH turned off...
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 19:17   #13
hjf288
Inactive

Services: 50Mbit
hjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nice

yeah it was 03:16 in the morning :p
hjf288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 14:25   #14
thenry
Inactive

Why is my connection so sensitive? I mean I'm only loading web pages, no downloading going out yet my monitor is show high spikes. Even via my phone connected wirelessly, just simple browsing and I get spikes. Not even entirely sure what I'm saying/thinking is correct. I did monitor it and test a bit by leaving my connection alone then connecting different devices 1 at a time, the spikes appear which makes me think as mentioned above that my connection is somehow incredibly sensitive now unless its some coincidence.. I don't have a clue....

thanks Andrewcrawford23, Sephiroth
Old 24-02-2012, 14:31   #15
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

mines is mostly propbally because my uplaod is maxed out uploading to backup cloud server

either that of congestion in te area which could be possible as 100mb is available but my graphs been liek that well before 100mb and the upload boost
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote