Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 25-03-2008, 15:20   #1
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be released this week on the PS3. This gives us a taster on what the final GT5 will be like. There has been some added bonus content especially for PS3 users in Europe.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Features:
  • Play Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Online!: A first for the franchise, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track.
  • Race 71 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue includes vehicles from Ferrari, Audi, Nissan and Mitsubishi.
  • Race on six stunningly realistic tracks: the Eiger Nordwand, the Daytona International Speedway, the London City Track , the Fuji Speedway, Suzuka and the High Speed Ring - and then race them in alternative layouts.
  • A new physics engine for a Gran Turismo game: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue delivers next-generation vehicle handling. True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, the physics engine in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car.
  • A new in-cockpit view: Provides a unique perspective for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue players and features a customised dashboard for each of the cars in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Real-time gauges and human animations accurately represent the true performance and handling of each vehicle.
  • All-new and improved opponent AI: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue delivers a nail-biting and more strategic racing experience.
  • Access to Gran Turismo TV: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue presents a clearinghouse of great motoring TV (video), programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) online through PlayStation Network.
  • Extend the real driving simulator: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is also compatible with the new DualShock 3 controller, which has vibration functionality.
  • Quick Tune facility: Allows Gran Turismo 5 Prologue players to adjust power, tires, suspension and more!
  • Stunning near-photorealistic next-gen visuals: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue runs in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps).
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Additional Features for Europe:
  • Drift Mode – The player’s drifting technique is measured based on drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course.
  • In Depth Car Tuning – Players have the ability to adjust the vehicle’s performance, including power, tyres, suspension and the ability for quick tuning whilst racing.
  • Two-player Split Screen Racing – Allows players to race head-to-head offline.
  • New Race Events – Online racing fans can join in on a new set of scheduled events and time trials.
I can also confirm that players will also be able to play in the winning Ferrari F1 F2007 car.

Full List Of Cars:
  1. Lexus IS F '07
  2. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
  3. Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
  4. Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
  5. Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
  6. Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
  7. Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
  8. Nissan GT-R Proto '05
  9. Nissan GT-R '07
  10. Honda Integra TYPE R '04
  11. Honda NSX Type R '02
  12. Acura NSX '91
  13. Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
  14. Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
  15. Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
  16. Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
  17. Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
  18. Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
  19. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
  20. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
  21. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
  22. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
  23. Suzuki Cappuccino '95
  24. Suzuki Swift Sport '07
  25. Suzuki Cervo SR '07
  26. Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
  27. Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
  28. Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
  29. Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
  30. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
  31. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
  32. Dodge Viper GTS '02
  33. Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
  34. Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
  35. Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
  36. Ford GT '05
  37. Ford Focus ST '06
  38. Ford GT Tuned Car
  39. Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
  40. Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
  41. BMW Z4 '03
  42. BMW 135i Coupe '07
  43. BMW M3 Coupe '07
  44. BMW 135tii '08
  45. Mini Cooper-S '06
  46. Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
  47. Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
  48. Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
  49. Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
  50. Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
  51. Ferrari 599 '06
  52. Ferrari F430 '06
  53. Ferrari 512BB '76
  54. Ferrari F40 '92
  55. Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
  56. Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
  57. Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
  58. Renault Clio Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
  59. Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
  60. Jaguar XK Coupe '06
  61. Lotus Elise 111R '04
  62. Lotus Elise '96
  63. Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
  64. Lotus Elise Tuned Car
  65. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
  66. TVR Tamora '02
  67. Art Morrison Corvette '60
  68. Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
  69. Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
  70. Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
  71. Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07
Any PS3 users on this forum pre-ordered it or planning to buy it at all?

Trailer

-Edit-

Sorry mods this may need moving to the PS3 section. Apologies!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2008, 15:45   #2
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Looking forward to this very muchly!!
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 15:52   #3
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Some GT5P footage here with the G25 racing wheel in use. Don't try this at home kids (the racing boots and gloves that is).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 15:56   #4
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

This is the game which tips the scales in favour of the ps3 over the xbox for me. Saving my pennies and hope to be getting one very soon.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 16:04   #5
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

If I could afford it right now. I would buy one of those chairs with the steering wheel and pedals, just for my living room.

Trouble is my wee boy would break it. He's obssesed with cars. He's only 4 and he's going to be upset that there are no Porsche's in the line up. On the other hand he loves Lambo's.

Nice footage Uncle Peter. Is that The Stig?

Also a shame they are not putting the Top Gear track in Prologue.
Old 25-03-2008, 16:07   #6
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
This is the game which tips the scales in favour of the ps3 over the xbox for me. Saving my pennies and hope to be getting one very soon.
Just do it you will not regret it.

Don’t forget you get a Blue ray DVD player for the same price.

We need to hold a CF tournament when it comes out.
Old 25-03-2008, 16:21   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'll be getting this. Not sure I'll be on it too often though. Still play my 360 more.
Old 25-03-2008, 16:49   #8
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
We need to hold a CF tournament when it comes out.
We will be able to do that when they introduce Private Racing in an update. I hope we don't have to wait that long for it. They are also planning to release Voice Chat at the same time as Private Racing. This will not be included in the game straight away.

Source

I like how Sony though have given Europe more content than the Japanese. About time Sony gave us Europeans some TLC.
Old 25-03-2008, 16:52   #9
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
We will be able to do that when they introduce Private Racing in an update. I hope we don't have to wait that long for it. They are also planning to release Voice Chat at the same time as Private Racing. This will not be included in the game straight away.

Source

I like how Sony though have given Europe more content than the Japanese. About time Sony gave us Europeans some TLC.
Makes a refreshing change
Old 25-03-2008, 16:56   #10
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
<snippage>
Sorry mods this may need moving to the PS3 section. Apologies!
Moved to Sony Games Systems for you
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 16:58   #11
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

^^ Cheers
Old 25-03-2008, 17:13   #12
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

It's a shame we've been kept waiting for so long for the full GT5 release but that's the nature of the beast that is Polyphony Digital I guess. They always seem to get more out of the Sony consoles than any other developer though. I'm holding out for the full release before investing in a PS3 tbh. Being able to use the G25 with this game is a massive selling point for sure.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 17:19   #13
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Just been looking at the PS3 UK website and they have set out some details regarding Online play.

Here

I would rather Polyphony take their time in releasing it as it will be a great game. I am also glad that Rockstar did the same for GTA IV. I am hoping though that people who have Prologue will be able to get the final release discounted and/or be able to keep all saved data from Prologue into the main game.
Old 25-03-2008, 18:43   #14
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Have a quick look at this

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-f2007-video/

This is what made me decide to go ahead and order it!
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 18:46   #15
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
Have a quick look at this

http://www.gtplanet.net/exclusive-f2007-video/

This is what made me decide to go ahead and order it!
Quality matey, absolute quality!!!