Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 18-11-2016, 22:18   #1261
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Source?
CEO's office
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-11-2016, 22:43   #1262
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Or maybe a theatre ticket! It certainly sounds like they will be putting on a bit of a show!

I just hope the UHD films are not all more expensive pay per view courtesy of Virgin Movies, but I expect they will be. Sky is unlikely to share its offering with us in the short term.
Yeah I agree and sadly 4K movies for virgin customers will come at a premium on top of sky cinema

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
It's the On-Demand Sky Cinema films I was talking about, OB. The ones that Sky Q customers have access to as part of the Sky Cinema package.
Fingers crossed VM have agreed a deal with Sky for us...that's where the wishful thinking comes in lol
Well I think for me, why pay for sky cinema and no access to sky cinema 4K on demand
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 23:14   #1263
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj136uk View Post
I'd disagree with sky q being instant. Complaints from many users on black screens of slowness lately. Mine is cancelled, sky could not resolve the many many issues. So many in common with other users and highlighted in their forums. Order in for virgin as we speak. Some good deals ATM
I have Sky Q in my holiday place and it works fine. I was shocked when I looked at the Sky forums and saw the number of issues some people are having.
Old 19-11-2016, 01:33   #1264
octet
Inactive

octet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I'm on V6, any questions please ask away.

Hoping for Amazon Prime to come on the Apps section soon, 4K TV en route, should be here next week.
octet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 12:20   #1265
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj136uk View Post
I'd disagree with sky q being instant. Complaints from many users on black screens of slowness lately. Mine is cancelled, sky could not resolve the many many issues. So many in common with other users and highlighted in their forums. Order in for virgin as we speak. Some good deals ATM
I haven't had a single issue with any of my Q boxes.
Old 19-11-2016, 12:22   #1266
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by octet View Post
Hi guys,

Hoping for Amazon Prime to come on the Apps section soon, 4K TV en route, should be here next week.

You might not need the app on the V6, it may already be on your new TV.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 12:43   #1267
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I haven't had a single issue with any of my Q boxes.
Me neither, thats why I was surprised when I looked at the issues some people are having
Old 19-11-2016, 13:09   #1268
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
Me neither, thats why I was surprised when I looked at the issues some people are having
It's relatively new , go onto the Apple communities or Android after a major new software release , look at the issues VM have had with their current Tivo software.

Like Stephen I've had very few issues but again like Stephen I have Sky Fibre and the Sky Q hub , many of the reported issues are from people with other broadband providers kit. In an ideal world Q would have been limited to Sky broadband and Sky Fibre customers for longer to allow longer testing with third party routers and get the Powerline functionality out.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 14:08   #1269
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

.... of course, if we were to go down the conspiracy route, perhaps Sky may not be in too much of a rush to get things fixed with third party hardware, in the hope that customers pool all their services with Sky. If we were to go down the conspiracy route, that is....
Old 19-11-2016, 17:05   #1270
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
.... of course, if we were to go down the conspiracy route, perhaps Sky may not be in too much of a rush to get things fixed with third party hardware, in the hope that customers pool all their services with Sky. If we were to go down the conspiracy route, that is....
Well, Sky are known to be sly, underhand and manipulative.

Received a letter from VM today. It formally apologises for the way that I was treated when I called to cancel and for the subsequent problem with activating my new box.

They have knocked off a further £9 a month by way of an apology.

Unfortunately, there is now a new problem. The system to transfer Series Links, Thumbs up and Wish lists is not working.

I'm not sure if this is affecting everyone or just TiVo to V6 customers. There is no timescale to get this fixed, but if it's not done soon the settings will be automatically deleted.

I have had to waste time and go to the inconvenience/trouble of setting up the ones that I can remember again and am missing episodes of the ones that I can't remember.

If i'd have been told about this beforehand, i'd have made a record of them.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 17:17   #1271
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Received a letter from VM today. It formally apologises for the way that I was treated when I called to cancel and for the subsequent problem with activating my new box.

Unfortunately, there is now a new problem. The system to transfer Series Links, Thumbs up and Wish lists is not working.

I'm not sure if this is affecting everyone or just TiVo to V6 customers. There is no timescale to get this fixed, but if it's not done soon the settings will be automatically deleted.

I have had to waste time and go to the inconvenience/trouble of setting up the ones that I can remember again and am missing episodes of the ones that I can't remember.

I hope to get the V6 in December.

I have taken the precaution of listing all the recordings I have on my existing Tivo, and which episode of each I am up to, so that I will be able to put measures in place to re-record the stuff I haven't had an opportunity to watch yet, or alternatively to use the on demand services available to watch them.

It is handy that there is a facility available to transfer series links and wish lists, but not the end of the world for me if that arrangement fails. I can just use the list I have drawn up, and ensure I pick up any new series from the TV magazine.

I think we rely too much on the technology these days: always good to have a backup plan!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 17:29   #1272
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
I'm convinced that a lot of the problems people are having are either of their own making by messing with settings not meant to be messed with by the average user or simply exaggerated.I have experienced very few issues ,even so i appreciate that new tech takes a while to get right ,Sky+ took years of development to get where it is now.
Old 19-11-2016, 17:41   #1273
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

At least your box is fast now so it shouldn't take you long to get it all done
Old 19-11-2016, 17:44   #1274
Captain_Smith
cf.member

Captain_Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by octet View Post
Hi guys,

Are you able to confirm whether or not the V6 box can be operated by infrared remote control? It's been suggested (earlier in this thread) that it can and that the old Tivo remote will work with it, however it would be nice to have confirmation from someone who actually has the box.

Might sound like an odd thing to ask, but I have a Harmony one "all in one" remote setup to operate all my AV gear, and I would hate to have to use a separate remote just for the V6.

Cheers,

Cliff
Captain_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 17:48   #1275
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Yes, both the old and new TiVo remotes operate the V6.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote