Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 03:10   #721
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: US Election 2016

Saying on BBC that a guy trying to grab a cops gun or something at the rally, as his supporters are security screened before entry.

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 ----------

About 25 seconds in you can hear the crowd distinctly say he, the protester, has a gun.

Advertisement
Old 06-11-2016, 04:39   #722
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Photo of the protester

Old 06-11-2016, 07:11   #723
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

What was the Army doing there ?

I know there has been some intelligence to suggest their could be a Terrorist attack around Election day, but did not think they would do this at rallies, unless the threat is substantial.

Any way, that cop in that pic, the one in the middle to the left of the protester, looks like Jason Bourne (Matt Damon). What you think ?

---------- Post added at 06:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 ----------

Oh dear, how embarrassing for Crooked Hillary. College Student calls out Hillary at her own, 'small' rally attended by Bernie Sanders and gets applauded and then removed by security.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:44   #724
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Any way, that cop in that pic, the one in the middle to the left of the protester, looks like Jason Bourne (Matt Damon). What you think ?
lol yeah, kind of

Old 06-11-2016, 08:15   #725
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

No gun. He was about to lift a sign. Someone shouted 'gun' and all hell broke loose. The protester has been released.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:12   #726
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What was the Army doing there ?
That's not the army ,the Police badge on the arm says so

Old 06-11-2016, 09:47   #727
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No gun. He was about to lift a sign. Someone shouted 'gun' and all hell broke loose. The protester has been released.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ally/93385996/
Quote:
RENO, Nev. — The man who caused a commotion at a Donald Trump rally Saturday said he's a registered Republican who wanted only to show his displeasure with his party's nominee.

Members of the audience at the event for the GOP presidential nominee tackled Austyn Crites, 33, of Reno after someone yelled "gun" while others were trying to rip away his anti-Trump sign.

"I just went with sign that said 'Republicans Against Trump,’ " Crites said. "It’s a sign that you can find online. I held up the sign and initially people around me were just booing me telling me to get out of there. Then a couple of these guys tried grabbing the sign out of my hands."

Crites had no weapon. Secret Service agents later released a statement to that effect and let him go without charges.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:56   #728
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

They couldn't identify who shouted gun
Old 06-11-2016, 10:14   #729
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Austyn Crites

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/austyn...t-allegations/

Old 06-11-2016, 10:16   #730
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They couldn't identify who shouted gun
Probably Hillary...
Old 06-11-2016, 10:23   #731
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

At that rally he was probably the only one who didn't have a gun ! Land of the free my backside, the guy got assaulted just for holding a placard. Sign of things to come if Trump wins.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:48   #732
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

I cant seem to get my head around how the voting system works over there compared to ours.
Do people have to register an affiliation to a party when they register to vote?
Old 06-11-2016, 10:49   #733
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
At that rally he was probably the only one who didn't have a gun ! Land of the free my backside, the guy got assaulted just for holding a placard. Sign of things to come if Trump wins.
seems clear how little descent is tolerated at Trumps rallies

Old 06-11-2016, 11:58   #734
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They go through screening, I already said that !

But I wouldn't expect anything less from you and your narrow-minded view just to distort the facts, after all, you're no better when you call people thick/stupid, who vote opposite to you!

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
seems clear how little descent is tolerated at Trumps rallies
Only the same at Hillary rallies. People try grabbing signs from Protesters etc.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:01   #735
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
They go through screening, I already said that !

But I wouldn't expect anything less from you and your narrow-minded view just to distort the facts, after all, you're no better when you call people thick/stupid, who vote opposite to you!

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Only the same at Hillary rallies. People try grabbing signs from Protesters etc.
One slight, but important, difference - she doesn't offer to pay legal fees if they beat up protestors, or say things at rallies like '“I’d like to punch him in the face, I’ll tell you.”'
Closed Thread