Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyway to check available upstream channels?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Stuck on qpsk upstream

Old 26-04-2012, 16:02   #1
chambohambo
cf.addict

chambohambo is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuck on qpsk upstream

I have been stuck on QPSK upstream for well over a year now does anyone know why the reason I ask is because I use to be on QAM16.

chambohambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2012, 22:06   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Stuck on qpsk upstream

if i remember correctly this is a software bug but I thought they had fixed it. Although it is reporting qpsk in the upstream tab, when you look at the upstream burst tab you can see it is 16QAM. Normally qpsk is nothing to worry about and your modem will default to it when there is noise on the network because qpsk is more noise tollerant. Some people moan about a decrease in speed but the two times I noticed it when I was on 50mbit I was still able to get my max upload speed so it isnt anything to worry about.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 22:12   #3
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

have you tried the pinhole reset? (hold down for 20odd seconds)
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 22:43   #4
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

No you haven't, you're on 16QAM, that's why 3 of the 6 burst types on the Cable Modem Upstream Burst screen say 16QAM.

Only the housekeeping traffic is running at QPSK which is as it should be.

More to the point despite your various threads about this you've not actually pointed to this being a service affecting problem. Whether it says QPSK, QAM16 or supercalifragilisticexpialidocious who really cares so long as everything is working properly? People don't sit there and obsess over the voltage on the power feed going into their home so why the obsession with the broadband if the service is ok?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote