Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 04-05-2016, 10:23   #46
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Is there a Sky rep you haven't spoken to.
He has not spoken to you yet.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:54   #47
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Don't like to say this, but VM don't seem to bother about what customers want. All they want to push is +1 channels - BUT, these are repeat channels and hour later or less.

I spoke with a Sky rep today. And they plan to bring out a new sales gimmick to challenge for more VM subsribers .

They offered me a great deal today, but my wife said that she will think about it.

And for her to say that, there must be something wrong with VM. Could be the fact VM keep pushing up the price.

Enough is enough.

I heard that the TV show 'Kingdom' may be coming to VM. Is that the Kingdom, who is a solicitor ?
Although you say that, Arthur, you have been saying it for a long time now!

Virgin did make great strides in 2012 and they gave us a lot more channels than we had before at that time.

Virgin have admitted that they have been concentrating more on broadband of late and they will now concentrate more on content. There has been speculation that they may buy back UKTV.

However, what we will get in future is likely to be a combination of tv channels and on demand and streaming services. I am hopeful that we will be getting Amazon within the next 18 months. Kingdom can be found on demand right now.

As far as price rises go, all providers have to put up prices, and in fact the latest one was down to Sky, not Virgin. You must recognise that if Sky puts its prices up, Virgin have to pass them on, they will not provide channels to us at a loss.

Good luck with transferring to Sky. I believe that your experience last time you went over to the other side was less than satisfactory.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I'm hoping regular channel activity comes in very soon. I am getting bored with the lack of new channels. I am hoping for all of the following channels:

Spike TV
5STAR +1
Nick Jr +1
QVC Beauty/Extra/Style
Hochanda/The Craft Channel
Rocks & Co
Food Network +1
Travel Channel +1
movies4men/movies4men +1
Sony Movies/Sony Movies +1
Sony Channel +1
Heart TV
Capital TV
True Crime/True Crime +1
TruTV/TruTV +1
YourTV/YourTV +1
Fox News
Talking Pictures TV
POP/POP +1/Kix/Kix +1/Tiny Pop +1
RT/RT HD
Sky Atlantic SD/+1/HD
Disney Channel HD
Disney Junior +/HD
Disney XD HD
Boomerang HD
AMC/AMC HD
Irish TV
Universal Channel HD
E! +1/HD

The list goes on...
And you would actually watch all those channels? Given that Virgin would have to put up prices to give us this long list, maybe you want to think again. No point in having channels for the sake of it.

It's not up to Virgin whether we get AMC or Sky Atlantic until such time as BT and Sky respectively decide that they are prepared to change their attitude towards allowing other platforms to carry those channels.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:59   #48
warrenb
cf.addict

Services: VIP50 + 2 Virgin Mobiles + Mobile Broadband
warrenb is an unknown quantity at this point

At the end of the day, a survey showed last week that 95% of television watched in the UK is available on Freeview, so squabbling over the fact we don't have QVC Beauty and the likes is irrelevant.
What is the point of expressing disappointment about not having a channel you will probably never watch.
warrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:22   #49
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It was, but I hope it's managed better if they do this again.

I remember many people being unhappy that they had not been notified of the TiVo competition. When they complained, they were accused of sour grapes because they didn't win one!

This was not the case at all, they were unhappy that they had been denied the chance of winning one.
I filled in the survey earlier today on the official forums about in particular online offerings and account admin.

It was asking about what offers have I had and taken up etc.
I said as I was on the top package of everything (as I am VIP bundle effectively) then we never and I mean NEVER get any offers of anything so as we don't get the offers like Sky Movies for £1 or Sky Sports season pass or whatever it was then spot prizes of things they offer like the 6 months of Netflix or swap your box for free etc would be nice little sweeteners.

It is a bit sickening if we pay over £100 a month that you can get no offers just because you have the best everything and pay the most.....
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:35   #50
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post

It is a bit sickening if we pay over £100 a month that you can get no offers just because you have the best everything and pay the most.....
Well, what can you give to a man who has everything?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 13:54   #51
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I'm hoping regular channel activity comes in very soon. I am getting bored with the lack of new channels. I am hoping for all of the following channels:

Spike TV
5STAR +1
Nick Jr +1
QVC Beauty/Extra/Style
Hochanda/The Craft Channel
Rocks & Co
Food Network +1
Travel Channel +1
movies4men/movies4men +1
Sony Movies/Sony Movies +1
Sony Channel +1
Heart TV
Capital TV
True Crime/True Crime +1
TruTV/TruTV +1
YourTV/YourTV +1
Fox News
Talking Pictures TV
POP/POP +1/Kix/Kix +1/Tiny Pop +1
RT/RT HD
Sky Atlantic SD/+1/HD
Disney Channel HD
Disney Junior +/HD
Disney XD HD
Boomerang HD
AMC/AMC HD
Irish TV
Universal Channel HD
E! +1/HD

The list goes on...
-QVC Beauty and QVC Style are testing on Virgin Media UK right now.

-Talking Pictures TV some good movies on that Channel (I watch them on Sundays)

-Disney Channel HD - only broadcast in Virgin Media Ireland areas,
-Irish TV - rumour to be in talks with Virgin Media over launch.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...-in-talks.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 14:47   #52
andrewstevenson

Quote:
I filled in the survey earlier today on the official forums about in particular online offerings and account admin.

I said as I was on the top package of everything (as I am VIP bundle effectively) then we never and I mean NEVER get any offers of anything so as we don't get the offers like Sky Movies for £1 or Sky Sports season pass or whatever it was then spot prizes of things they offer like the 6 months of Netflix or swap your box for free etc would be nice little sweeteners.

Listen keep pushing them for offers I got full sky sports and movies and in HD, XL TV, XL phones, 1000 mobile minutes, 200 minutes to any 08 numbers, my two tivos £ 67 for 12 months
Old 04-05-2016, 15:49   #53
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Do Ireland VM get Universal HD?
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 19:28   #54
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
Listen keep pushing them for offers I got full sky sports and movies and in HD, XL TV, XL phones, 1000 mobile minutes, 200 minutes to any 08 numbers, my two tivos £ 67 for 12 months

How on earth did you get that lot for £67 - just curious!!
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 20:19   #55
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post

How on earth did you get that lot for £67 - just curious!!
Well before that my loyalty package was £108 and my loyalty deal was coming to a end and I was offered £99 and I accepted but he got it wrong and it was £117. They apologised and offered me a new customer deal for £67 plus £17.99 line rental included ( which was wrong) but they decided to honour the deal and I have to call in November to discuss new deal price
Old 04-05-2016, 20:38   #56
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
I have thought that for a while where if there is a HD and SD version of channel to turn off the SD version. Maybe this forum should be renamed what's happening at virgin media 2016 as there is nothing really coming soon
I believe that there are still some customers with SD only boxes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Generally I would agree with you but I think those who record a lot like the lower PVR hard disk space that SD recordings use.
A very good point Andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Although you say that, Arthur, you have been saying it for a long time now!

Virgin have admitted that they have been concentrating more on broadband of late and they will now concentrate more on content. There has been speculation that they may buy back UKTV.

However, what we will get in future is likely to be a combination of tv channels and on demand and streaming services. I am hopeful that we will be getting Amazon within the next 18 months. Kingdom can be found on demand right now.
I recently read an article that said that VM expect to be spending less on linear channels and more on VOD content.

Perhaps this is why new channels seem to have dried up?

Quote:

I'd be interested in taking that survey, do you have a link to it please?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 20:56   #57
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
No Worth noting also that VM gets the +1 channel which BT and TalkTalk don't.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 20:58   #58
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It must be nice to be on commission Andrew.
Old 04-05-2016, 21:18   #59
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Nope.

Here is the list of channels only on Virgin Media Ireland areas.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/p...asting-on.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 22:04   #60
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Looks like Tivo has been bough out

http://vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote