Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 2

Old 27-11-2012, 20:33   #31
robson689
Inactive

Services: VM 60Mbit, TiVo.
robson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about themrobson689 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Superhub 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
ive seen a few pictures of the prototype and by the looks of it it does infact have a usb port and can do dual band wifi
That would be good, do you by any chance know if the new community trials are in regards to the new SH2?
robson689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2012, 20:34   #32
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
ive seen a few pictures of the prototype and by the looks of it it does infact have a usb port and can do dual band wifi
are the ports on the side?

craig2k12 says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12
Suphub (VMDG485)/Netgear CG4000TD

Dual Band concurrent 2.4 and 5Ghz

Tested Spatial Streams

2.4ghz - 2 transmit & 2 receive
5ghz - 3 transmit & 3 receive

IEEE Standard
IEEE 802.11a
IEEE 802.11b
IEEE 802.11g
IEEE 802.11n
IEEE 802.11d
IEEE 802.11h

Optional 802.11n Capabilities
- Short Guard Interval
- TX A-MPDU
- STBC
- 40 MHz operation in 2.4 GHz
with coexistence mechanisms
- 40 MHz operation in 5 GHz

Security
WPA™ - Enterprise, Personal
WPA2™ - Enterprise, Personal

EAP Type(s)
EAP-TLS
EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2
PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2
PEAPv1/EAP-GTC
EAP-SIM
EAP-AKA
EAP-AKA Prime
EAP-FAST

Multimedia
WMM®
WMM Power Save

Special Features
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- PIN
- PBC
- Internal Registrar
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 20:51   #33
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It's not that VM are annoyed with the SH but like all product a new and improved version will be forthcoming.
Old 27-11-2012, 21:23   #34
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It's not that VM are annoyed with the SH but like all product a new and improved version will be forthcoming.
it looked like the superhub is now but with tiny leds and a matt finish
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 21:45   #35
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
I forgot about posting this, it could be wrong it could correct? During a conversation I had with 'someone' I was told VM are annoyed by this current SH1 crap and have made changes so the SH2 is much better. The design is different including the ports which will be on the side. I was told a little more but I'll refrain saying too much just yet. Can anyone confirm or share anything SH2?
If you don't it's not much point to asking others to share!!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 21:49   #36
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Old 27-11-2012, 23:12   #37
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
I forgot about posting this, it could be wrong it could correct? During a conversation I had with 'someone' I was told VM are annoyed by this current SH1 crap and have made changes so the SH2 is much better. The design is different including the ports which will be on the side. I was told a little more but I'll refrain saying too much just yet. Can anyone confirm or share anything SH2?
I can confirm you have not said much.

Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:24   #38
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

super hub 2 coming out after Xmaz and new year. that's what I heard.
1) when superhub 2 comes out after new year 2013 will all the VM customers get it or do we have to buy it?

someone give more details on this.
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:33   #39
Coffeeguy
cf.member

Services: Hub 5 VM 200MB Broadband
Coffeeguy is on a distinguished roadCoffeeguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
If you don't it's not much point to asking others to share!!
[OT] Nice one Seph, to the point [/OT]
Coffeeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:33   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

i think it is hilarious that they havent been able to fix all the issues with the first pme before they release the second one.

In all seriousness the most important question I have is whether shub2 will have modem mode. I know some peeps might think that it doesnt need it but given VMs/Netgears track record with the shub why not edge on the side of caution just in case. They would win some respect if they used their initiative and put it in without us having to beg. Shows they listen and care.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:39   #41
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Didn't VM brag about how the Superhub is so futureproof it'll last all the way to 400Mb?

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
i think it is hilarious that they havent been able to fix all the issues with the first pme before they release the second one.
It runs eCos.

eCos is terrible.

Not much else to say really...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 23:41   #42
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrokhan786 View Post
super hub 2 coming out after Xmaz and new year. that's what I heard.
1) when superhub 2 comes out after new year 2013 will all the VM customers get it or do we have to buy it?

someone give more details on this.
thenry can give you the gen.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 00:53   #43
thenry
Inactive

Old 28-11-2012, 02:09   #44
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Community trials are related to something new

I was contacted by the forum team 5 days before they announced the survey asking for trialists which they only did on 27th, and was told I'd been hand picked and reserved a place.

Then when I filled in the survey it was asking for my home address.

So presumably they are gonna send out something.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 02:36   #45
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
annoyed at the fact so many problems have occured. right or wrong the impact of hand being forced in someway should of at least seen a stable firmware long before the recent improvements.