Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Copying settings from failed box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Copying settings from failed box

Old 20-11-2016, 16:16   #31
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Copying settings from failed box

I wonder if the fact that there is a phantom box on my account could be a factor in this?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2016, 16:58   #32
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

No, I have a phantom box but, as I said previously, had no problem copying series links.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 17:37   #33
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No, I have a phantom box but, as I said previously, had no problem copying series links.
Many thanks for confirming this.

VM CS seem to think that this could be a factor, so when they contact me with an update I can let them know it worked for someone else in a similar situation.

I've set up a poll to see how widespread this problem is, the links here if you (or anyone else) wishes to take part:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33703988

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-11-2016 at 17:41.
Old 25-11-2016, 14:47   #34
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Heard nothing since last Monday, so spoke to VM again today.

VM cannot fix the fault, so have passed it onto an external company that made the software.

They don't have a SLA, so there is no timescale.

The problem is that I believe that you only have 14 days to do this, but 8 have passed already.
Old 26-11-2016, 00:19   #35
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Heard nothing since last Monday, so spoke to VM again today.

VM cannot fix the fault, so have passed it onto an external company that made the software.

They don't have a SLA, so there is no timescale.

The problem is that I believe that you only have 14 days to do this, but 8 have passed already.
You may be right, Richard, but is this such a big deal?

I'd rather that VM were trying to restore services to those with problems than fixing these relatively minor irritants.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 26-11-2016 at 00:23.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 10:45   #36
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You may be right, Richard, but is this such a big deal?

I'd rather that VM were trying to restore services to those with problems than fixing these relatively minor irritants.
It's not a minor irritant to me and I will be calling them back on Monday.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:57   #37
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Well, after being erroneously told that there was a 30 day window in which to transfer data across, it turns out that my suspicions were correct and that it's only 14 days.

After being led a merry dance for a fortnight, I was told that it's TiVo who hold the data and that they had wiped it.

I received a credit to my account for the inconvenience etc.

The lesson to be learnt is to make your own record if upgrading to a V6, it's going to be a pain inputting them all again, but at least you won't miss any programmes like me

I'm currently waiting for VM to get back to me to explain if it's a general thing that upgrading will often result in lost data, or something peculiar to my account.
Old 08-12-2016, 15:45   #38
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

It does say 14 days here:
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...ICLE_ID=174765
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 22:41   #39
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgerp View Post
Thanks.
Old 19-02-2017, 20:24   #40
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

After a quick search of the board I hope this is the appropriate thread for a question I have - when copying series links etc. from TiVo A to TiVo B using TV Anywhere do the links on TiVo B get overwritten by the links from A, or do they just get added to those copied across?

Last edited by Saul's Grandad; 19-02-2017 at 20:28.
Saul's Grandad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 21:21   #41
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Overwritten as far as I know
Old 19-02-2017, 22:07   #42
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Overwritten as far as I know
Thanks Ben - I was hoping it would be added to. It will save me some work then but not quite as much as I hoped.
Saul's Grandad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 18:08   #43
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Hi all, I'm getting both my TIVOs replaced with v6 boxes on Monday. Can I just check that the "copy TIVO settings" option can be used to copy from an original TIVO box to the v6? Thanks in advance.
Old 24-02-2017, 18:42   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes it can but it has to be done in the first 14 days once your V6's are installed..
Old 26-02-2017, 10:20   #45
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes it can but it has to be done in the first 14 days once your V6's are installed..
Thanks, much appreciated