Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY Sports Mix on XL and VIP (Football fans)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY Sports Mix on XL and VIP (Football fans)

Old 28-11-2016, 23:03   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
SKY Sports Mix on XL and VIP (Football fans)

Just interested to find out opinions about SKY Sports Mix from those on XL and VIP packages.

The channel has been up and running for 3 months now and we can see what type of football will be featured on the channel. We can also make a fairly educated guess how many fixtures we'll see. Those on XL and VIP will already have BT Sports as part of their package. If you don't have SKY Sports do you see SKY Sports Mix as a nice bonus channel to have? Has anyone decided to subscribe to SKY Sports after watching live football on SKY Sports Mix? Also would be interested to see if anyone has cancelled SKY Sports once SKY Sports Mix arrived.

My brother was going to add SKY Sports to his XL package at the start of the summer but didn't when he heard about SKY Sports Mix. Spoke with him recently and he said he is more than happy with the amount of football that he gets without SKY Sports. When I started to look at TV sports rights, and what is shown on SKY Sports Mix he has a good point.... in my opinion.

SKY Sports Mix are likely to show:

5 Premiership games
25 EFL games
8 World Cup qualifiers

BT Sport will show:

42 Premiership games
12 Champions League games
14 Europa League games
30 Scottish Premiership games
13 Scottish League Cup games
25 FA Cup games
35 National League games

BBC will show:

16 FA Cup games
5 Scottish Cup games

ITV will show:

Around 8 world cup qualifiers

That's 238 games all in HD without a subscription to SKY Sports. Works out at 5 games per week during the football season. That doesn't take into consideration all the other European football that features on BT Sport and SKY Sports Mix. I think it makes it harder to sell SKY Sports, especially at £31.75 per month and a further £7.00 in HD.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2016, 01:40   #2
OhReally

Re: SKY Sports Mix on XL and VIP (Football fans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
[snip]

That's 238 games all in HD without a subscription to SKY Sports. Works out at 5 games per week during the football season. That doesn't take into consideration all the other European football that features on BT Sport and SKY Sports Mix. I think it makes it harder to sell SKY Sports, especially at £31.75 per month and a further £7.00 in HD.
How much?? Seriously? You can stream them for free...

If I could buy a season ticket to watch all of my teams games (and only my teams) for say £5/match I'd be in there. Or pay £10 to watch a game...

Would be interesting to see how the overall total income worked out.
Old 29-11-2016, 07:33   #3
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
£31.75 per month and a further £7.00 in HD.
Crazy when you think that there's always some deal from sky on that will get you everything including sky sports for less than that.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 11:18   #4
MisterQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
How much?? Seriously? You can stream them for free...

If I could buy a season ticket to watch all of my teams games (and only my teams) for say £5/match I'd be in there. Or pay £10 to watch a game...

Would be interesting to see how the overall total income worked out.
Why not get Now Tv. 24 hour passes are normally about £4 on ebay and you can watch your team and often another 2 or 3 games within the 24 hours plus highlights/re-showings. I've never had the awful "just in case you are a criminal we're graffiti code numbers on your screen at random intervals" to ruin your enjoyment and for the privilege of paying a monthly subscription.

Sky Cinema always have deals too, I'm currently paying £1.66 a month for all the channels and the full on demand selections.
Old 29-11-2016, 13:11   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
I've never had the awful "just in case you are a criminal we're graffiti code numbers on your screen at random intervals" to ruin your enjoyment and for the privilege of paying a monthly subscription.
They don't need them as they can trace the source via an IP address. That cant be done with linear broadcast channels.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote