Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do you have a phantom TiVo box on your account?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Do you have a phantom TiVo box on your account?
View Poll Results: Do you have a phantom TiVo on your account?
Yes. 19 73.08%
No. 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-11-2016, 16:38   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Do you have a phantom TiVo box on your account?

There seems to be a growing number of people reporting phantom TiVo boxes on their account.

I'm interested in how widespread this problem is, as it may be the reason why I can't currently load my old Series Links etc onto my V6 box.

If this is a factor that's causing the problem, it would be good if this could be sorted out before the rollout begins to help others.

VM seem to think that it could be, but at least one other person has found this to work despite having a phantom box.

You can check this by logging into your TV Anywhere account.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2016, 17:32   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Do you have a phantom TiVo box on your account?

I, personally, don't believe any problems are caused by the phantom TiVo.
Anyone with a phantom TiVo and who upgrades to the latest iOS version of TV Anywhere will see it disappear from the app but still exist in the browser version.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 17:35   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I have 2 extra ghost boxes...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 17:40   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I, personally, don't believe any problems are caused by the phantom TiVo.
Anyone with a phantom TiVo and who upgrades to the latest iOS version of TV Anywhere will see it disappear from the app but still exist in the browser version.
Interesting, I use Android on my tablets and will also mention this to VM when I next speak to them about this.

Seeing as the system thinks that extra box/es are present, I wonder if anyone has been erroneously charged for them?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 12:31   #5
MisterQ

I have only had one Tivo but have two listed in the app. Following the instructions on other forum I can add series links and wishlists on someone elses Tivo. This is very scary!!!
Old 28-11-2016, 13:22   #6
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

might be because you have registered for the new 4k
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 13:32   #7
MisterQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
might be because you have registered for the new 4k
I have not registered or otherwise expressed any interest in another box with the same old software on it. Would be like buying a new computer with Windows XP on it.
Old 28-11-2016, 15:18   #8
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
Would be like buying a new computer with Windows XP on it.

I run Win 7, which is not that different to XP and I really like it (as many others do) and didn't want the free update to Win 10.

If I'd tried to run 7 on my old XP machine, it would likely have been a disaster. But Win 7 is running on a newer machine with a newer processor and more memory, and so speed wise, it's fine.

The same situation should apply to the old Tivo and the V6. And don't forget the V6 Tivo interface will be replaced by a new version of Horizon at some stage.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 15:41   #9
MisterQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I run Win 7, which is not that different to XP and I really like it (as many others do) and didn't want the free update to Win 10.

If I'd tried to run 7 on my old XP machine, it would likely have been a disaster. But Win 7 is running on a newer machine with a newer processor and more memory, and so speed wise, it's fine.

The same situation should apply to the old Tivo and the V6. And don't forget the V6 Tivo interface will be replaced by a new version of Horizon at some stage.
As it happens, I prefer to use XP SP4 myself but my point was that If I was choosing to upgrade, I would go for something modern and designed from the ground up rather than a cut down box with ancient software and missing features I still use such as scart for sending to a 2nd tv and archiving. I would not want to lose all my recordings without even getting useful features like "accurate recordings" that are even on all the free boxesl

As for investing in something that will be replaced with something completely different before long, may as well buy a raffle ticket, who knows what you might end up with.
Old 28-11-2016, 16:06   #10
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
I have only had one Tivo but have two listed in the app. Following the instructions on other forum I can add series links and wishlists on someone elses Tivo. This is very scary!!!
Go ahead and do it. If it's true then VM would have to do something about it due to the high number of complaints.

Saturate the links and wishlists!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote