Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Running a 2nd tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Running a 2nd tv

Old 25-11-2016, 16:21   #1
Fr0gm0re
Inactive

Fr0gm0re is an unknown quantity at this point
Running a 2nd tv

i am just about to move from sky to virgin, at the moment i am viewing a 2nd tv in the kitchen using a coax cable from the back of the sky box to the 2nd tv, although it plays the same channel as the main one, its fine for what we want, what i would like to know is if i can do the same from the new Tivo box? Many Thanks
Fr0gm0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2016, 18:27   #2
amarkr
cf.member

amarkr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Running a 2nd tv

From what i have seen reported the analogue connection is disabled so you would need some sort of splitter and convertor to feed the connection to your kitchen tv.
amarkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 18:37   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I do it with TiVo. Got a a scart to AV lead converter which leads through to the kitchen TV (there's no coax on TiVo). Also wirelessly beam the Av out of the scart to a bedroom tv, HDMI connection to main TV, so distrbuted to 3 tvs.
If you want to use coax , believe you can get a scart to coax/rf converter.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 20:19   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

It wont be possible with a v6 box but you can by an rf modulator to get the tivo to do it
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote