Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fat Princess

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Old 10-12-2007, 15:58   #1
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Now this IS living!

I thought Heavenly Sword looked good, but it's visuals are just average compared to Uncharted. The graphics are stunning and beautiful, and audio is superb. If you are in two minds whether to get a PS3 take a look at this game, it will blow you away!
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2007, 17:09   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I 100% agree. The best game I have played on PS3 since release without a single dout. Game is brilliant with a fun and intresting storey to follow. Cut scense are well done as they used motion capture. Great game and I hope it does well because if it does there will be 2 more sequals
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 13:33   #3
Tod
Inactive

Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Rumour has it that the sequel is pretty much guaranteed!
Old 15-12-2007, 18:35   #4
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

This is one of the games I must get
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 00:16   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I got this with my console just before Christmas.

*Excellent* game. Looks great, good story & voice acting, great fun to play.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 00:33   #6
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

I Got it for christmas myself, Brilliant game

Almost plausible until you get near the end lol
Old 17-01-2008, 08:38   #7
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Number 2 has been confirmed and I for one an extreamly happy about it. Drake's fortune became one of my fav games very fast along with gears of war.
Old 17-01-2008, 15:21   #8
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

I bought a ps3 just over a week or so ago just because of this game i knew when i saw it i had to play it and i must say i was not let down from start to finish !

This is one of the best games i played in a very long time stunning in every sense and i am now playing through it a 2nd time on hard level and trying to get the rest of the treasure i missed playing it the first time .

This is a must own game for every ps3 owner !
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 18:06   #9
Tod
Inactive

Just finished this game, enjoyed it throughout.
Old 28-01-2008, 14:36   #10
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

Bought it Friday, completed Sunday, had a beer and pizza weekend with a mate. Very good game, looking forward to the sequel!
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 22:10   #11
dragon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwell View Post
Bought it Friday, completed Sunday, had a beer and pizza weekend with a mate. Very good game, looking forward to the sequel!
The sequel should be even better in terms of the graphics/simulation of the world as well.. apparently towards the end of production they found a better way of programming for the ps3.

Just hope they keep up the brilliant storyline in the second one.
Old 28-01-2008, 23:45   #12
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Just hope they keep up the brilliant storyline in the second one.
AGREED. It's been to long waiting for games with a decent storey. Was a big part of the games success I would guess. Also some great funny moments that brought a smile to my face. Reminded me of how they used to make games.
Old 28-01-2008, 23:53   #13
dragon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
AGREED. It's been to long waiting for games with a decent storey. Was a big part of the games success I would guess. Also some great funny moments that brought a smile to my face. Reminded me of how they used to make games.
Yep overall very good, i've wrapped my comment in spoiler tags so not to ruin the ending for people who haven't played yet.

Spoiler: 
I thought towards the end it got a tad silly and they were doing so well and keeping it realistic but they had to go all resident evil style towards the end... Were the zombie things really necessary?
Old 29-01-2008, 09:24   #14
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Yep overall very good, i've wrapped my comment in spoiler tags so not to ruin the ending for people who haven't played yet.

Spoiler: 
I thought towards the end it got a tad silly and they were doing so well and keeping it realistic but they had to go all resident evil style towards the end... Were the zombie things really necessary?
Spoiler: 
Yeah maybe they could of gone another way with that. I didnt feel it took anything away from the game maybe just changed its direction. I think they probably watched the TombRadier films lol Overal still was a great game and at least the final level and boss were back on track
Old 29-01-2008, 17:14   #15
Tod
Inactive

I had to play Uncharted with my PS3 set to RGB Limited, rather than the RGB Full setting in display other wise you can not see a load of the detail in the dark areas.

The part of the game you guys are talking about is where it is most obvious, I could hardly see the holes in the floor around the chamber until I set to RGB Limited (apparently the setting Sony recommends anyway - even though a lot of people have been saying RGB full "looks" best)