Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon customer service email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Amazon customer service email

Old 12-12-2010, 21:58   #46
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Amazon customer service email

Amazon.co.uk appears to be down?

Waiting an order that should have been here 5 days ago.

Anybody else having problems?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2010, 22:04   #47
chris9991
Inactive

chris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant future

According to http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com it's down and I can't get there either
chris9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 22:27   #48
ukko
Inactive

ukko is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
You can just call them on this number 0800 496 1081
Do you think they are going to take any actions regarding this issue?

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Amazon.co.uk appears to be down?

Waiting an order that should have been here 5 days OK.

Anybody else having problems?
I had also problems with my last 5 orders. All were late...
ukko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 23:16   #49
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukko View Post
Do you think they are going to take any actions regarding this issue?
If you are unhappy with the level of service then ring the number tomorrow during office hours and explain to the agent about your issue, if you do not call then you will never know if anything can be done.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:55   #50
jt61
Inactive

jt61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
not nessersarily if the parcel wasn't marked as "saturday delivery" then they won't deliver it on a saturday, this is a fault at sauce being amazon in this case
If something is late it's almost always not the fault of amazon. When you order something it goes into the system, your item is brought from the picking tower and packed. It then goes through an automated labeling system which gives instructions to the courier about where it's going. We our selfs dont actually "mark" shipments dates. We are given the items to fetch, pack and ship automatically directly from the website. It is then taken to the specific couriers depo where they will "mark" it. It dont matter what shipment speed you pick its amost always gone out our doors with in a few hours, or whenever the next lorry arrives.

Although saying that, we did fail to get about 40 orders out by the 12 deadline for next day the other day, but that was because our conveyor broke down and it's the first ive seen it happen (failing to ship, not the conveyor breaking down, that piece of junk never runs for more than 10mins at a time).

The couriers give us at amazon as much trouble as they give you. Altho a few items may have been broken by us and got through undetected, almost all of the time it's the couriers neglectful handling, which then comes back on us when the customer complains, because each time you handle an order, it gets logged into the system on your name.

If you do get a wrong item, Amazons policy is to let you keep it, and ship the correct item to you within 24hours (doesnt work with orders "fulfilled by amazon" because it aint our stock). If you receive a faulty/damaged item Amazon will collect it free of charge and post a new one free of charge, you just have to jump through the hoops that they want you too first. We had one guy who drove 60miles to our warehouse to try and return an item and we just could not help him because we dont have a system that allows us to accept it back and register it as being back in stock, inform HQ it is there - give his money back.
jt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 12:40   #51
coolcity
Inactive

coolcity is an unknown quantity at this point

As a frustrated seller on Amazon I thought I would add my experience here. You won't all like it! But it's true nontheless.

The first and most glaring issue that seems to spring to mind here is the ignorance of people regarding delivery so that's the one I'm going to discuss here. Let's get something clear from the start. If your item is "late" it is nobody's fault. The logistics of delivery are complicated, with orders having to be picked, packed, collected by the carrier, sorted at a depot, passed on to at least one more sorting centre before finally being placed on a van for delivery to you.

The number of things that can go wrong here, from equipment breakdowns, shortages through staff not turning up that day, items being lost or misdirected, accidental damage during packing or en route not to mention what must be one of the most difficult parts of the operation - simply getting through 21st century UK traffic with traffic jams, bad weather, accidents and so on to contend with to get the item to where it's got to go - and anybody with an ounce of common sense can see that it's obvious that not everything is going to get there on time, and more to the point, it's almost impossible to actually guarantee it! I'm very experienced in logistical issues and frankly I'm amazed that anything arrives on time these days. Generally I think the carriers do a fantastic job overall and are sadly not appreciated by an ever-impatient public who want their stuff yesterday. Remember, it's not an emergency service!

One other major point is that the Amazon marketplace features items from various sellers, from one man bands and small businesses such as myself, to major international companies as well as Amazon's own sales channel (Amazon tend to look into something that is selling well then undercut that seller by offering it for sale themselves - just one of many examples of the shoddy way they treat their own customers, those customers the sellers who are already paying them hefty fees for the privilege of selling on Amazon). Yet most buyers do not seem to realise that they are often buying not from Amazon but from a seller on Amazon.

This often becomes even more confusing because you can combine items in one basket and make one payment, leaving you, the buyer, to think you are buying from Amazon themselves (or from one seller). This isn't just my opinion, I often get messages from customers about faulty or delayed items etc. that they have actually purchased from a different seller but don't realise it. Never a "thank you" though for wasting my time and providing them with an explanation.

To add to the confusion, there is generally either a Standard or an Expedited (express) delivery service, but these can vary from seller to seller, and from item to item. For example, if a buyer buys a low value item, say £10 or less, your standard service - especially if free shipping - is likely to be second class postage which can take anything FROM 3 working days. Expedited again could be anything - I use next day Special Delivery but a seller could use Parcelforce 48, correctly claiming that this is generally quicker than standard post.

Bottom line though is it's a bit of a lottery. Small sellers such as myself will not be in front of a screen all day and thus not necessarily get an order out the same day. Even large businesses might have a particularly busy day, (staff shortages, equipment breakdowns etc.etc) and might not get your order out as quickly as they would at a quieter time. (TIP: Mondays are generally busy especially for a small business with the whole of the weekend's packing to do). But you need to remember that regardless of the level of automation and the amount of staff, people are human, machines are machines and things can and do go wrong.

Sadly most of the buyers who complain, especially about late deliveries, are usually the ones who are ignorant of the general terms and conditions of the seller themselves and the actual delivery times. As a case in point I myself have recently received a neutral feedback, nice comment but a score of 3 and an "Arrived on Time" mark of "No" EVEN THOUGH delivery was made well within the estimated delivery time for the item.

Feedback and claims against sellers is something I will raise at another time, suffice at say at this point that even a single a poor comment and especially a claim can badly affect a seller's sales and should be done as a last resort.

Remember: A "late" delivery is almost certainly not the seller's fault, nor is a faulty or damaged item. Sellers WANT to be successful and do not deliberately want to send out items late, or damaged. More importantly, yet THE one issue that the seller ALWAYS seems to get the blame for, is that the SELLER has virtually NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER over delivery times and generally can not track your parcel. Somebody moaned about this earlier but it is a fact that most delivery services, tracking details will only tell you - and the seller - whether the item has been delivered or not. If it hasn't there is little if anything that the seller can do. Royal Mail ask customers to allow 15 working days from the point of delivery before the seller can make a claim and buyers need to appreciate this before claiming. You don't like it I know, but it's not the sellers fault and as long as the seller does refund or replace AFTER this specified time you should accept that and not blame the seller for the carrier's poor service.

WHY you wanted the item quickly is irrelevant to the seller, there's nothing he can do about it and you also need to remember that there are many fraudulent claims too, so sellers need to establish that the item really is missing before handing the money back or sending a replacement.

As for items received faulty, if you as a seller open boxes to check prior to sending then buyers will complain that the item is not new as it's been opened, so you can't win. For electrical items, who would you prefer to repair it, the seller or the manufacturer? I note that somebody complained earlier about being fobbed off to the manufacturers regarding a faulty item. Again a little common sense is required here. If you return it to the seller he will then simply have to return it to the manufacturers for repair so quite simply it is going to take longer, unless you want him to get his toolkit out! That's why most manufacturers for the vast majority of electrical items provide help and support on their websites and in many cases include warranty details in the box. There's a reason why the manufacturers do this which really should be obvious and not need explanation. Many of you will quote the (ridiculous) laws that state that it's the seller's responsibility, but at the end of the day would you rather get your item sorted or argue the toss over some silly law brought in by some idiot politician?

In most cases a bit of patience and common sense, and understanding of the fact that we're only human, things do go wrong sometimes and always will, and respect for the fact that in most cases it's not really anybody's fault in a negligent way, and everybody will get along a lot better. Unless the seller - even if that seller is Amazon - is not doing anything about an issue after a reasonable amount of time then STOP complaining all the time, you're not helping, we're not your enemy and you are taking up a lot of valuable time needlessly. Small businesses can not simply drop everything because one customer has a problem, to ignore the rest of your customers in favour one one complaint is NOT good business even though it doesn't seem that way to you. Just allow a decent amount of time, try to put yourself in charge of a busy operation or think about things you need to do in your life but never quite found the time to, and you will give yourself a better understanding of what sellers have to deal with. Most importantly remember it's their livelihoods you are screwing around with. Would you like it if money was deducted from your salary simply because you haven't had the chance to respond to an email or something you packed arrived broken or late? Nope, I thought not. So why punish somebody else the same way?
coolcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 22:03   #52
Pirrewiet

I just got the wrong items delivered by amazon uk and wrote a mail about it but their customer service isn't working. Meaning when I click submit the page pops back to he previous page so it doesn't get submitted (and I don't get a confirmation either).
Then I tried to call and after passing through the long order number, which she kept getting wrong (making a 3 from a 2 about four times) she told me she couldn't find the order and she just hang up.

I find this really incredible, especially being the biggest international post order business in the world. I've bought alot of things from amazon in the past and the -one- time you have a problem this is the service you get.
I've had it once before with a different company that the customer service on the website through mail wasn't working. Offcourse the rest of the website works fine, just aftersale part (wich doesn't make them any money) is having difficulties; very conveniant.
Old 09-06-2011, 14:46   #53
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Have you tried opening the Amazon site in a different browser? Maybe it will work and you will be able to send your mail.

Just a thought.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 19:30   #54
hestervanderpoll
Inactive

hestervanderpoll is an unknown quantity at this point

well well,,,,i bought and paid for a adult viking 6 speed tricycle!!!!! those idiots at amazon said they would deliver,but as it is a bank holiday,they have forgotten about thier shoddy customer skills and have ignored my order!!!! bunch of bloody thieves!!!!!
hestervanderpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 19:35   #55
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Sorry ... what is it they've done?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 20:00   #56
hestervanderpoll
Inactive

Thumbs down Re: Amazon customer service email

They have taken my bloody money and have not delivered my tricycle!!!! They are nothing but a bunch of thieves!!!!! Happy customer,,,NOT!!!!
Old 28-08-2011, 20:14   #57
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

When did you place the order, and when were you expecting it to arrive?
Old 28-08-2011, 20:18   #58
hestervanderpoll
Inactive

I placed the order on Monday!!!! And was expecting it to arrive yesterday!!!! Closing my account now and going somewhere else!!!
Old 28-08-2011, 20:35   #59
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

If you used their super saver delivery, then normally it takes 3-5 working days to arrive. Working days do not include Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays. An order placed last Monday afternoon could arrive on Tuesday of next week and it would not be late - that would be five working days.

I have no interest in defending Amazon, by the way ... I just think it helps to try to be reasonable. If you desperately needed your trike by Friday, then they do have express delivery options and to be honest you should have used one of them.
Old 28-08-2011, 21:19   #60
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

I expect your trike is also still in transit so you may well still receive it before the one you have now ordered which you will have to refuse delivery of and it can take a few weeks for any refund to be processed and then credited back to your account, so cancelling your order is going to cost you more in the long term.

If as Chris said you chose Super Saver Delivery instead of the default one which Express then your delivery could easily run into next week.

I did an Amazon purchase today and chose Super Saver as I am in no hurry to receive my water filters.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote