Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon customer service email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Amazon customer service email

Old 29-01-2010, 12:33   #16
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Amazon customer service email

I ordered a netbook on wednesday afternoon and it was delivered to work by 9:30 am the next day (not even 24 hours had passed) so its a thumbs up from me.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2010, 02:09   #17
ajhud
Inactive

ajhud is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmmillar View Post
I ended up having to sue Amazon over my dispute about a plasma TV delivered broken. It was quite a story, but I won on all counts and Amazon did end up paying.

If anyone feels the need to pursue Amazon through the small claims court I have lots of useful advice.....

BTW I wrote to Brian McBride and he studiously ignored the corrspondence. This was one thing which got up the judge's nose.
I am having nightmares with Amazon UK. I ordered 13000,00 worth of equipment from Amazon UK two Nikon cameras D3x + D3s two Nikon Lines and a graphic board everything come on the 03.01.2010, everything was OK but when I opened the D3x Box I found an old broken camera, so I sent it back as registered post and told the I wanted a replacement. I sent Amazon a lot of emails complaining and asking when my replacement would be shipped only to receive generated emails, so I got on the phone managed to get through to management replacement services and they send me an Email every day.

Dear Mr Hudson

Further to your previous correspondence, with my colleague Leonard, please be assured that we are still working on resolving the issue of the refund.

As stated previously this has been escalated to Senior Management and I shall provide a further update on 2nd March.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in this matter.

Warmest regards

Jasbir G
Amazon.co.uk
We strive to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. Your feedback helps us build it.
==============================

But nothings happening, I still do not now if I am getting a replacement or not or how long it will take, I just get the same old thing, “we are very sorry and we are looking into the situation” and it is now 03.02.2010 four weeks later and its driving me really mad, and it look like I will have to take legal action, I am living in Germany at the moment and need a good lawyer in the UK so if anyone can help me in any way I would be very grateful indeed.

REMOVED - Please don't post your email address

Thank you all Andrew
ajhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:41   #18
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

I've removed your e-mail address as its not a good idea to post it on an open forum. If anyone needs to contact you they can do it via the PM system.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 17:36   #19
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

never had a problem, late delivery is not the fault of amazon surely its the courier, they are normally always at fault.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:23   #20
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

not nessersarily if the parcel wasn't marked as "saturday delivery" then they won't deliver it on a saturday, this is a fault at sauce being amazon in this case
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 13:24   #21
djrdjr
Inactive

djrdjr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have bought loads from Amazon, until one electric item broke, under warranty of 1 year, but Amazon and the seller Power Parts have given me the 2 fingers and told me to deal direct with the manufacturer. I shall go back to buying on the high st where service still counts.
djrdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 14:55   #22
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrdjr View Post
I have bought loads from Amazon, until one electric item broke, under warranty of 1 year, but Amazon and the seller Power Parts have given me the 2 fingers and told me to deal direct with the manufacturer. I shall go back to buying on the high st where service still counts.
That will be Argos then..as the other electrical outlets seem to have abandoned the ubiquitous high street for larger venues outside town..or online sales.
Old 22-09-2010, 16:50   #23
djrdjr
Inactive

True but even if you buy from curry's, John Lewis etc on line, they will still honour 12 month guarantees themselves, not fob you off to the manufacturers.
Old 22-09-2010, 17:23   #24
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I had reason to return something to Amazon last week. It was within the 30-day satisfaction period anyway so no bother, however even after issuing the return authorization and DHL package label, they sent an email from someone in India encouraging me to contact the manufacturer rather than simply sending it back.

I think they do it so as to try to reduce their costs, but I was having none of it. If something is broken out of the box I'm not interested in navigating 'help' websites or getting lost on call centre switchboards. Back to the shop it goes.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 21:54   #25
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I had reason to return something to Amazon last week. It was within the 30-day satisfaction period anyway so no bother, however even after issuing the return authorization and DHL package label, they sent an email from someone in India encouraging me to contact the manufacturer rather than simply sending it back.

I think they do it so as to try to reduce their costs, but I was having none of it. If something is broken out of the box I'm not interested in navigating 'help' websites or getting lost on call centre switchboards. Back to the shop it goes.
I would do exactly the same and I would print off the return label and have it in the post box or post office as soon as possible, I bought it through them so they can sort it out for me.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 13:36   #26
djrdjr
Inactive

Amazon still giving me the run around insisting that after 90 days it is the manufacturers responsibility, been on to Toshiba who say no way, down to Amazon, have been onto Citizens Advice and their literature states clearly that for 1 year responsibility lies with seller. Now trying to find out if Amazon or Power Parts is legally the seller.
Old 24-09-2010, 17:49   #27
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrdjr View Post
True but even if you buy from curry's, John Lewis etc on line, they will still honour 12 month guarantees themselves, not fob you off to the manufacturers.
Agreed..I'm wondering when Amazon went to the dogs..Probably about the time that Play.com stop charging P&P.
Old 27-09-2010, 15:05   #28
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Well, I just got an email from them ... confirming that they have issued a refund. Thing is, I distinctly remember opting for 'replacement' when I went through their returns system.

The original email I got from them, asking me to faff about on the manufacturer's website before sending the item back, was signed by someone called 'Praneeth'. I can't help wondering whether their returns system is staffed by people whose command of English is less certain than it perhaps should be.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 17:07   #29
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

wonder whether my pre order item will turn up this Friday
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 17:13   #30
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
wonder whether my pre order item will turn up this Friday

my pre order from them isn't due till Q2 2011
hoping they haven't gone completely down the tubes by then.
I got caught out when Zavvi went bust

Old Age And Treachery Will Defeat Youth and Enthusiasm Everytime.
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote