Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 30MB minimum by end of 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

30MB minimum by end of 2012

Old 01-03-2012, 08:36   #1
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road
30MB minimum by end of 2012

Had this confirmed by retentions yesterday that all 10M users will be doubled to 20M initially and then increased to 30M by year end in most areas, this is due to BT Infinity increasing speeds. Quote "Virgin require to be the best provider"
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2012, 08:39   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: 30M minimum by end of 2012

Good old Retentions getting it wrong once again, that will not happen due to the costs involved replacing every single modem on the network with a Superhub especially as the are more people on 10Mb than on any other tier, you can only go onto 30Mb if you have a Superhub a simple fact the person you spoke to forgot to mention, the rollout to double speeds is below.

Broadband Package
New speed after your speed boost
Broadband Size : S (up to 2Mb)
Up to 5Mb
Broadband Size : M (up to 10Mb)
Up to 20Mb
Broadband Size : L (up to 10Mb)
Up to 20Mb
Broadband Size : XL (up to 20Mb or 30Mb)
Up to 60Mb
Broadband Size : XXL (up to 50Mb)
Up to 100Mb
Broadband Size : 100 (up to 100Mb)
Up to 120Mb – Note these increases will start from summer 2012
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:09   #3
swt4ajp
cf.member

swt4ajp is an unknown quantity at this point

ha good old retentions dept they tried filling me with the same bs lol wernt having none of it
swt4ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:51   #4
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Good old Retentions getting it wrong once again, that will not happen due to the costs involved replacing every single modem on the network with a Superhub especially as the are more people on 10Mb than on any other tier, you can only go onto 30Mb if you have a Superhub a simple fact the person you spoke to forgot to mention, the rollout to double speeds is below.

Broadband Package
New speed after your speed boost
Broadband Size : S (up to 2Mb)
Up to 5Mb
Broadband Size : M (up to 10Mb)
Up to 20Mb
Broadband Size : L (up to 10Mb)
Up to 20Mb
Broadband Size : XL (up to 20Mb or 30Mb)
Up to 60Mb
Broadband Size : XXL (up to 50Mb)
Up to 100Mb
Broadband Size : 100 (up to 100Mb)
Up to 120Mb – Note these increases will start from summer 2012
Peter there is a lower 30mbit tier which has 2meg upload that wont get upgraded.

Dont ask me how I know

Is £3.50 cheaper than the normal 30meg price.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Peter there is a lower 30mbit tier which has 2meg upload that wont get upgraded.

Dont ask me how I know

Is £3.50 cheaper than the normal 30meg price.
No there isn't. I know what you've got and it's not an additional tier
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00   #6
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Its a retention tier.

Its like the 2mbit package a unofficial one.

I can get you a screenshot of the modem config if you want to deny it, isnt a problem.

I assume other retention packages may have similiar caveats as well in regards to the speed doubling.

Incidently I have no issue with it by the way, VM offer a discount in agreement to waiving the speed upgrade, thats fine by me.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Its a retention tier.

Its like the 2mbit package a unofficial one.

I can get you a screenshot of the modem config if you want to deny it, isnt a problem.

I assume other retention packages may have similiar caveats as well in regards to the speed doubling.

Incidently I have no issue with it by the way, VM offer a discount in agreement to waiving the speed upgrade, thats fine by me.
Again completely incorrect.

There are no Retention tiers. What you have been given is an early upgrade to one of the new tiers. Because it's an early upgrade only the downstream is changed. The upstream will remain at a lower rate until the planned upgrades come to your area, at which point it will return to the 10:1 ratio, but your downstream won't change any further (unless you move onto a higher tier)
Old 01-03-2012, 11:06   #8
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

I didnt see a new 30meg tier listed

here is the screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm30low.jpg (111.3 KB, 133 views)
Old 01-03-2012, 11:08   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
I didnt see a new 30meg tier listed

here is the screenshot.
As I said, I'm not doubting you are on 30Mbit, I'm just saying what you think it is incorrect
Old 01-03-2012, 11:10   #10
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

So what you saying there is a currently unannounced new 30mbit tier planned. The screenshot was more to show the 2meg upload mixed in with the 30meg download, this new package is good for me as I dont need 3meg upload so paying less for the same download speed is good.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18   #11
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

peter you forgot to meantion 50mb is nwo goign to 1230mb sicne they madea muck up witht eh emails i thik ive still got the meial with teh apogoliy sayign ti will be goign to 120mb now
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:25   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
peter you forgot to meantion 50mb is nwo goign to 1230mb
1240mb..... Why would they downgrade to 1.2Mb???
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 13:14   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

i can't wait for 1.24gbit. 120mbit upload must be sweet as well. Do you think the shub can handle it though?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 13:22   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
peter you forgot to meantion 50mb is nwo goign to 1230mb sicne they madea muck up witht eh emails i thik ive still got the meial with teh apogoliy sayign ti will be goign to 120mb now
All 50Mb are increasing to 100Mb.

The change to 120Mb will not start to roll out till after the 100Mb has been done so Peter is correct.
Old 01-03-2012, 13:38   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
All 50Mb are increasing to 100Mb.

The change to 120Mb will not start to roll out till after the 100Mb has been done so Peter is correct.
Customers on 50Mbit who get upgraded between now and the launch of the 120Mbit program will get upgraded to 100Mbit, with a further bump to 120Mbit when it's available in their area

Customers on 50Mbit who get upgraded after the launch of 120Mbit will go straight up to 120Mbit.