Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Talk 08 £2 !!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Talk 08 £2 !!!!

Old 25-03-2011, 11:05   #1
mike @ home
Inactive

mike @ home is on a distinguished roadmike @ home is on a distinguished road
Talk 08 £2 !!!!

Hi Guys, when I got a email off VM about "Talk 08 £2" I thought It said I have to pay £2 1st then after that the Talk 08 would be free... but I'm still getting charged for it..... so how do I opt out of this charge !

Thanks.
Mike.
mike @ home is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2011, 11:21   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Talk 08 £2 !!!!

It would be worth posting the email here to see how you came to this misunderstanding.

I would have thought it should be clear that the charge is an ongoing, monthly charge.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 12:14   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The VM TOS states the following

Quote:
Talk 08 £2: Includes 250 minutes each month of direct dialled voice calls calls to UK numbers starting 0845 or 0870. You must keep your Talk 08 £2 package for at least 30 days. Available to Virgin Phone customers only. We reserve the right to vary the inclusive minutes within the Talk 08 £2 plan. We will publish these changes on our website, so check virginmedia.com/callingcosts regularly. The changes will take effect when posted on the website. Further terms and conditions apply, see virginmedia.com for details.
Which numbers are you being charged for? If 0844 then you need the Talk 05 package
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 15:47   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Surely, the words 250 minutes each month gives a clue to a monthly payment
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 15:55   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Surely, the words 250 minutes each month gives a clue to a monthly payment
Not really, it doesn't mention money at all, just your monthly usage allowance.
Old 26-03-2011, 01:33   #6
mike @ home
Inactive

mike @ home is on a distinguished roadmike @ home is on a distinguished road

Sorry I dont have the email any more, but back to the question "Can I cancel it and if so how ?" Do I just call 150 ?
mike @ home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 12:01   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Yes, I'd be pretty sure you can cancel this by phoning 150 (unless your bundle discount was dependent on its inclusion which is doubtful).
Old 26-03-2011, 12:57   #8
PeteLockwood
Inactive

PeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
The VM TOS states the following

Which numbers are you being charged for? If 0844 then you need the Talk 05 package
virgin have a addon for 0844 too ? i didnt know what and i can not find it online ?
PeteLockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 11:22   #9
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Services: Internet VIVID 150Mb Tv M, Phone - Talk weekends.
nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Talk 08 £2 !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLockwood View Post
virgin have a addon for 0844 too ? i didnt know what and i can not find it online ?
This explains it all OK I think,

http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-lega...gal-stuff.html

I subscribed to the "Talk 08" £2.00 yesterday.
nigelmclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 12:52   #10
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

I think it covers all number starting 08.
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 13:00   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Talk 08 £5 does. Talk 08 £2 is 0845/0870 only