Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | On Demand - How long does it take for programs to be on catchup?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

On Demand - How long does it take for programs to be on catchup?

Old 26-05-2009, 23:00   #1
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
On Demand - How long does it take for programs to be on catchup?

For example - if i wanted to watch Britain's Got Talent which finishes live at 10pm, on ITV Net Player, what time (roughly) will it be available?

Cheers
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2009, 23:02   #2
zing_deleted

Re: On Demand - How long does it take for programs to be on catchup?

how long is a peice of string could be on in 10 minutes could be an hour could be tomorrow patience is a virtue but you are a girlie and hormonal so I guess patience is out the window lol
Old 26-05-2009, 23:04   #3
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Oops, i'm such a noob. It's on there now.

In my defence, i wanted to watch Biggest Loser the other day and i had to wait about 3 hours so i wondered if there was a set time for everything.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Oh i spoke too soon.

"On Demand is temporarily unavailable"
Old 26-05-2009, 23:04   #4
zing_deleted

bless your cotton socks
Old 26-05-2009, 23:06   #5
Pia
Inactive

Aaah definitely spoke too soon.

I'm DEFINITELY on "Today" but it's Sunday's episode.

I swear Virgin are trying to make me look mental.
Old 26-05-2009, 23:20   #6
zing_deleted

they dont work very hard you know
Old 26-05-2009, 23:32   #7
Pia
Inactive

Well i'm still waiting and it's still not there. The last thing on there is Corrie @ 8pm so i'm not convinced it'll be on before i have to go to bed.

Hate myself for not taping it.

Hate Virgin more for not having it on VOD pronto!!!
Old 26-05-2009, 23:36   #8
zing_deleted

taping it? you still use a vcr? jebus cripes
Old 26-05-2009, 23:43   #9
Pia
Inactive

Well, V+'ing it. Whatever
Old 28-05-2009, 21:49   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
Aaah definitely spoke too soon.

I'm DEFINITELY on "Today" but it's Sunday's episode.

I swear Virgin are trying to make me look mental.
It's not up to Virgin, Pia. ITV are responsible for loading the ITV Player.

But Virgin are responsible when the whole system goes down!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:07   #11
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Live shows are usually on by the next morning but other shows are there already from midnight the previous day but when you come to watch them the following day they are hidden so you can't watch them before they have aired so in theory if you wanted you could watch all the itv shows that hadn't even aired that you were going to watch the following day at midnight!
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 16:38   #12
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Live shows are usually on by the next morning but other shows are there already from midnight the previous day but when you come to watch them the following day they are hidden so you can't watch them before they have aired so in theory if you wanted you could watch all the itv shows that hadn't even aired that you were going to watch the following day at midnight!
What?!
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 16:41   #13
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki007 View Post
What?!
It's true you can watch shows that are due to air on that date at midnight.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 04:33   #14
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
Well, V+'ing it. Whatever
Don't worry Pia your not the only one to use the expression "taping it" still, most of my friends with V+ still say it as well.
Its only techies like zing who'll pick up on it.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 00:49   #15
Richupton
Inactive

Richupton is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any idea why nothing has been available on 4OD for the last couple of days??
Richupton is offline   Reply With Quote