Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How much data transfer does VNC/RDS use per second?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

USB 2 (PCI Card) Install

Old 12-03-2004, 10:47   #1
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts
Exclamation USB 2 (PCI Card) Install

I have bought a USB2 PCI card for a friend in Liverpool & Maxtor 120GB USB2 H/D... (See I can be nice) lol

If you go to www.ebuyer.com and type in 32620 in the search box, that is the one I had.

He can get the USB working BUT only on normal speed, and NOT the hi
speed. He has tried updating the driver's, but still no luck.

We got the Via Driver off the Via website & another few from the Feedback Section of the E-Buyer product.

He has Win XP Home + SP1
Any other ideas to get USB 2 working??

I saw this thread... But still no answers.

thanx in advance

PS... The Device Manager shows a USB2 Controller but when we plug in a USB2 Memory Card Reader it says "A High spped Card Reader is in a non Hi Speed Port"

Thanks
JediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2004, 10:53   #2
Paulie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Phone, mobile and BB V6 and Tivo Asus RT-AC68U
Paulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to all
Re: USB 2 (PCI Card) Install

http://www.usbman.com/winxpusbguide.htm#VIA%20KT133

Try this link, you may find some help. I did when I had problems.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:56   #3
br3ach
Inactive

br3ach has a spectacular aura about thembr3ach has a spectacular aura about thembr3ach has a spectacular aura about thembr3ach has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to br3ach

Was gonna say service pack 1 as that stopped my USB 2 from working...

Maybe try removing and reinstalling the drivers in the device manager again in case they have gone on incorrectly...
br3ach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:58   #4
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried different ports. Not all the ports on the card are 2.0 enabled. + make sure you are going into the card directly and not via a hub !

HTH
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:16   #5
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

use the force.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:56   #6
JediMaster
Inactive

JediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these partsJediMaster is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartbe
Have you tried different ports. Not all the ports on the card are 2.0 enabled. + make sure you are going into the card directly and not via a hub !

HTH
Yes direct into the USB Card. He does not have a USB2 Hub. His card has 4 Ports... & he did try 2 different PCI Slots.

Will try that link later. When he gets back from work
Old 12-03-2004, 17:57   #7
JediMaster
Inactive

Ok if VIA USB2 PCI Cards are Crepe... Where can I get a GOOD working USB2 PCI Card from?

I saw this http://forums.viaarena.com/categorie...=16&zb=5890311 & am now thinking of getting another USB2 Card.

I dont want to pay a LOT... I saw a Belkin one for £69

Thanks...
Old 12-03-2004, 22:17   #8
Paulie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Phone, mobile and BB V6 and Tivo Asus RT-AC68U
Paulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to all

I got mine from Maplins. It has the nec chip. I can`t remember the exact one, but if you ask nicely they will let you take it out of the box if you explain to them about the chip. It only cost £35 - £40 can`t remember which.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster
Ok if VIA USB2 PCI Cards are Crepe... Where can I get a GOOD working USB2 PCI Card from?

I saw this http://forums.viaarena.com/categorie...=16&zb=5890311 & am now thinking of getting another USB2 Card.

I dont want to pay a LOT... I saw a Belkin one for £69

Thanks...
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote