Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Where is cable in N Cornwall?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Moving House - And the good news is.....

Old 12-04-2011, 15:13   #1
rakkor
Inactive

rakkor is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving House - And the good news is.....

I filled in the web form to move from our current address to our new one which already has all Virgin services to move my VIP account over on the 28th judging by the reply I got below it looks like Virgin doesn't want my continued business - A month with no services is ridiculous

Unfortunately we have been unable to secure an installation team
appointment for the <29/04/2011> at your new home, as requested.

Good news is we can send someone out on the <24/05/2011 1pm-6pm>, if
this is good for you, we need take no further action and look forward to
seeing you then.
rakkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2011, 16:23   #2
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age
Re: Moving House - And the good news is.....

Its an entire MONTH extra! That is a bit excessive to be honest. I'd phone them up, be polite and ask them if theres any way to move it forward from the end of may...and double check that you won't be paying for services if they are unable to move it forward.
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 16:29   #3
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

He wont be paying for service as it wont be installed until the 24th May anyway?

On your other point you are right though, give the team a call and see if they can sort a closer timeslot for you.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 15:20   #4
rakkor
Inactive

rakkor is an unknown quantity at this point

I called them up and it's now 27th removal & 28th installtion in my new place - I will be tied into a new 12 month contract which I'm not to happy with as I've been offered no incentives to do this.
rakkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 15:27   #5
Wayfair
Inactive

Services: Virgin tinterweb, Tivo with an extra large package 'oh yes' and a speaky thing...
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array

So was you expecting incentives if the moved had been planned in for the 29th as asked?
Wayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 15:30   #6
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakkor View Post
I called them up and it's now 27th removal & 28th installtion in my new place - I will be tied into a new 12 month contract which I'm not to happy with as I've been offered no incentives to do this.
...but you actually have had an incentive in return for the 12 month contract - free installation at the new house.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 15:40   #7
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakkor View Post
Could that be because you have an "incentive" already though (read Loyalty deal...)

Anyway, glad you got the date pulled forward. If this is going to turn into an account discussion I suggest a Mod move it to the billing section as the OP's problem has been resolved.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote