Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tv viewing habits questionnaire

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

Neighbours on UKTV Gold

Old 05-12-2008, 01:03   #1
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
Neighbours on UKTV Gold

why don't thy show neighbours on gold now?
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 01:07   #2
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
May be something to do with it being on Cannel 5 now? I think GOLD get most of their stuff from the BBC but obviously they prob don't own the archive of Neighbours anymore.

I'm probably wrong though.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:10   #3
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

so gold can't show it now?
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:14   #4
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

I doubt Five have the rights to the classic neighbours, I may be wrong though. I suspect it's just one of the casualties of the rebranding. Doctor Who used to be showed from the early 90s on UKGold as did Neighbours for years on end. Doctor Who got dropped and eventually went onto UKtvDrama that had suffered from channel drift and became what UKGold used to be like. Now that's been rebranded and it is gone. I suspect it is a similar sort of thing with neighbours. It may come back with a bit of channel drift.
demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:25   #5
Woodite
cf.member

Services: Virgin V+ - XL & Sky Sports > BB - M > Phone - L >
Woodite will become famous soon enoughWoodite will become famous soon enoughWoodite will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post

G.O.L.D. (Go On Laugh Daily) as its known now, is a comedy channel & now only shows old comedy progs.
Woodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:32   #6
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

If Neighbours or classic Doctor Who is going to appear anywhere it will be on Watch. (New Doctor Who and Torchwood have appeared there)
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:35   #7
cablecrazy
Permanently Banned

cablecrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

UKTV GOLD/ G.O.L.D had the rights to Neighbours up to episode 5330 (the last episode shown on the BBC) They cant show anything after that due to Five aquiring the rights, just as Five cant show any old episodes as the BBC own them.
cablecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:06   #8
DC_FC79
Inactive

Services: virgin media XL tv with Tivo 500Gb, L phone and 30mb internet, sky sports collection plus extra V+ b
DC_FC79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented View Post
I doubt Five have the rights to the classic neighbours, I may be wrong though. I suspect it's just one of the casualties of the rebranding. Doctor Who used to be showed from the early 90s on UKGold as did Neighbours for years on end. Doctor Who got dropped and eventually went onto UKtvDrama that had suffered from channel drift and became what UKGold used to be like. Now that's been rebranded and it is gone. I suspect it is a similar sort of thing with neighbours. It may come back with a bit of channel drift.
I did wonder why doctor suddenly stopped,
DC_FC79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablecrazy View Post
UKTV GOLD/ G.O.L.D had the rights to Neighbours up to episode 5330 (the last episode shown on the BBC) They cant show anything after that due to Five aquiring the rights, just as Five cant show any old episodes as the BBC own them.
As they have now re-branded as a comedy channel it's unlikely they'd want them.

These days, UKTV tends to use Dave is its repeats channel, however, it looks like they couldn't even if they wanted to.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 14:40   #10
madnutter0102
Inactive

madnutter0102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Neighbours on UKTV Gold

uk gold stopped showin neighbours just after susan ran bridget down which made no sense as there were loads of episodes after that.
madnutter0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 13:16   #11
cablecrazy
Permanently Banned

cablecrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As they have now re-branded as a comedy channel it's unlikely they'd want them.

These days, UKTV tends to use Dave is its repeats channel, however, it looks like they couldn't even if they wanted to.
Yes, but even after it was rebranded G.O.L.D they still showed the last of the BBC episodes.
cablecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote