Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PSP firmware v5.00 & PS3 firmware v2.50

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 ethernet cable

Old 03-05-2008, 22:43   #1
colingb20
Inactive

colingb20 is an unknown quantity at this point
PS3 ethernet cable

Hello to all,

I just bought a ps3 and wish to connect to internet. I will be connecting to the router supplied by sky, (This is wireless, but I want to connect with ethernet cable.) 2 ethernet outputs on the router supplied.

All I would like to know is which ethernet cable do I need as there appears to be a few types. (Patch / crossover?) I assume cable connection is more reliable.

Any help would be appreciated. I think I need a patech cable, am I correct?

Colingb20
colingb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2008, 23:54   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: PS3 ethernet cable

Hello and to the forums.

To hook up from the PS3 to the router you will need a straight ethernet cable.
Crossover cables are for hooking up computer to computer.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 23:56   #3
nopcode
Inactive

Services: TV M , 10MB BB
nopcode will become famous soon enoughnopcode will become famous soon enoughnopcode will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to nopcode Send a message via Yahoo to nopcode

Hi and

Yep a patch cable, is what you require, crossovers are for pc networking I believe.

Oops I was too slow

What Halcyon said ^^^
nopcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 00:03   #4
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

You can buy the cables here:

http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catal...bles-straight/

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 17:40   #5
battyier
Inactive

battyier is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ppl my ethernet cable doesnt fit into my modem and i dnt have a router coz my internet is wired what do i do??
battyier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 17:51   #6
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Buy a router.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 02:21   #7
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Buy a router.
Exactly as above ^^
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 21:32   #8
zenderi
Inactive

zenderi is an unknown quantity at this point

See this post for directions on hooking a PS3 to a computer. This will tell you how to do it to access the internet and/or for file sharing.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums...ic_id=26564661
zenderi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 22:26   #9
Paranoimia
Inactive

Paranoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really nice

You'd be much better off buying a router than using ICS on your PC. ICS can have a detrimental effect on your PS3's connection speed.
Paranoimia is offline   Reply With Quote