Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2016, 11:14   #31
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busboy125 View Post
Has anyone got any idea if Amazon Prime will be coming to VM this year. I know it has been mentioned on numerous occasions, just wondering if their is any update?!?
It's unlikely to be on VM boxes till some time next year.
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2016, 11:33   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
If's , but's and maybes's sadly...
Old 28-12-2016, 11:45   #33
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes each to their own opinion as l think there is a lot of good stuff on there personally.
Agreed I find myself only watching 3-4 shows a year from across all the BBC channels that's the beauty of choice. I record probably double that a year off Sky Atlantic not to mention Sky Living and Sky One so for me it's a must have clearly others disagree.
Old 28-12-2016, 12:27   #34
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Looks like a very slim list of potential new channels for 2017!
I think Virgin will be concentrating more on the 'on demand' side rather than channels now, mhatter.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
nope not biting
There's always Now TV...

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Next year being only days away.

I'm sure it will be coming, but don't know when. Didn't someone say on one of these threads that Amazon's arrival on the Virgin platform had been delayed until the spring?
Old 28-12-2016, 13:26   #35
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm sure it will be coming, but don't know when. Didn't someone say on one of these threads that Amazon's arrival on the Virgin platform had been delayed until the spring?
Yes, I think theone2k10 said this.
Old 28-12-2016, 15:11   #36
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Agreed I find myself only watching 3-4 shows a year from across all the BBC channels that's the beauty of choice. I record probably double that a year off Sky Atlantic not to mention Sky Living and Sky One so for me it's a must have clearly others disagree.

That's just a lack of good taste mate.........
Old 29-12-2016, 10:27   #37
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder if Sky's refusal to allow Sky Atlantic onto other platforms may be contributing towards this story that Games of Thrones is the most pirated TV program of the year:

http://time.com/4618954/game-of-thrones-pirated-2016/
Old 29-12-2016, 10:34   #38
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
I wonder if Sky's refusal to allow Sky Atlantic onto other platforms may be contributing towards this story that Games of Thrones is the most pirated TV program of the year:

will be a big factor yes
Old 29-12-2016, 10:37   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Most definitely.
Old 29-12-2016, 10:44   #40
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

It's not a significant factor. Game of Thrones is popular globally. The population of the UK is just 64m of which half have access to Game of Thrones legally.
By contrast:
* The global population the world is 7.4bn
* China is 1.36bn
* India 1.25bn
* The EU 27 countries 440m
* USA is 319m
* Brazil 200m
* Russia 144m
Old 29-12-2016, 12:38   #41
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
will be a big factor yes
It'll be a tiny factor Game of thrones is massive worldwide and many platforms don't carry the rights to it or some charge extorsion amounts for HBO (i'm looking at you Verizon and comcast).
UKs tv numbers are a tiny drop in the ocean.
Also don't forget many in the uk who don't have access to Sky Atlantic via their provider would also have nowtv which most of the UK has access too.
Old 29-12-2016, 13:33   #42
busboy125
Loving VM at the moment!

Services: VIP 350mb
busboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about them

Has anybody got any information whether ITV Box office will be carried by Virgin Media at the end of January 2017. Reading this article it has already been tested on Sky. http://www.a516digital.com/2016/12/i...-2017.html?m=1
Old 29-12-2016, 13:47   #43
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Has anybody got any information whether ITV Box office will be carried by Virgin Media at the end of January 2017. Reading this article it has already been tested on Sky. http://www.a516digital.com/2016/12/i...-2017.html?m=1
I don't think any announcements on platforms will be made until January as a lot of people will still be off work.
Old 29-12-2016, 13:59   #44
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No info yet.
Old 29-12-2016, 14:08   #45
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It is very likely that ITV Box Office will be available on Virgin Media. ITV have already stated that it will be 'widely available' and it would be very strange indeed if VM didn't carry this from the get go.
Closed Thread